2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10 F10 Technical Topics Engine, Transmission, Exhaust, Drivetrain, ECU Software Modifications hesitation under acceleration, jerking, drive train malfunction on warm (low speeds)

03-24-2023, 01:13 PM   #1
VictorDebage
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: X5, Q7, 5, Fastback, etc

hesitation under acceleration, jerking, drive train malfunction on warm (low speeds)

Good day everyone, trying to point a problem.
(2016) 535i N55. 60k miles

The car was getting a slight hesitation under acceleration (mostly warm, cold no brainer) for a while.
Since last week, on warm (didn't notice on cold), when accelerating (low speeds), car starts hesitating and throws into drive train malfunction. stop reset, works but in a bit same. on cold - everything looks okay. there's some way to drive it (not sure how even describe it) without getting into that malfunction i guess just to feel the pedal.

switched coils + sparks + injectors about 10k ago.

if anyone had a deal with it, please advice.

my first moves - plug enet to see the codes, pull sparks, inspect. then the rest.

P.S. Tachometer needle doesn't jump anywhere.

Last edited by VictorDebage; 03-24-2023 at 01:32 PM..
Appreciate 0
      03-24-2023, 08:12 PM   #2
VictorDebage
Enlisted Member
Rep

Further discovery. On low RPM (under 2k) it's more or less okay but feels like if I will push it (on warm, not cold), then it goes into that malfunction.
feels like under pressure there's not enough propulsion or whatever, pretty much coils+sparks but will see. just multi cylinder misfire.
Appreciate 0
      04-11-2023, 01:30 AM   #3
Andreu
Registered
United_States
Rep
Drives: 13 BMW 535i xdrive m sport f10

Drivetrain malfunction chasis stabilization parking brake limited

I have been having a drive train malfunction. Error randomly coming up with indicating that there may be power loss, but I have not noticed any power loss. I do have sputtering, stalling and idle that is abnormal. I just changed the turbo boost solenoid today and it almost seems to be a little more normal, but still jumpy and I started it probably the second time after I changed it, and it sounded very loud, almost like it was going to stall with a low rpm. I turned it off and on and then it went away that was strange and random but besides that I have chassis stabilization message, parking brake limited and passenger seat malfunction I just moved the stalling to stop the drivetrain well function to go away, and the chassis stabilization to be fixed. Also, my horn does not work and my temperature shows random weird cold temperatures and I’m getting a very low temperature warning I did the coil packs trying to do the spark plugs but they’re stuck. I sprayed with liquid wrench waiting till tomorrow to try again and as I said, the turbo boost solenoid was just changed I cleaned out the MAP and MAF sensors and replace the top map sensor. I have the absolute map coming in the mail, but it looks clean. There was a crack in one of the ventilation hoses in the charge pipe and rubber cement did it and super glued it it is pretty secure now but I think I did that myself. I’m not sure what do you think could cause a drivetrain malfunction I have a code that came up saying Rich too much gas also too much air. I can get a list of the codes and post them also.
Appreciate 0
      04-12-2023, 05:57 PM   #4
VictorDebage
Enlisted Member
Rep

very interesting
Appreciate 0