2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10 BMW 5-Series (F10) Forums General 5-Series Sedan and Wagon (F10 / F11) Forum Driver Door Closure and Remote Lock/Security Issue

01-15-2024, 08:42 PM   #1
Dlucke17
United_States
Rep
Drives: 550i, X5, 240sx

Driver Door Closure and Remote Lock/Security Issue

Hi fam,

New 2011 550i owner and WOW, I will be leaning on you all for a S#!^ TON of info in the very near future!

I have searched and searched and cannot find a similar issue to mine (Honestly, not even sure how to search the issue), so starting this thread for help.

My 2011 has the soft close doors and comfort access.

When I exit the car, after driving and turning off OR after diagnosing and turning ACC off, and hit the lock button on the remote, the doors lock BUT the DRLs and some interior electronics stay on.

IF, I walk around to the pass door, open/close, hit the lock button, the car locks, beeps and lights do their quick flash to let me know the car is secure. I believe I have tested this with the rear doors and they work (I will verify tomorrow).

With both workflows above, the soft close always works, the locks always lock. BUT, I have to close a separate door to engage the security system.

Thoughts?

I purchased the car with a host of problems but I haven't had any visible error codes or lights for this issue. Since I have purchased, I have replaced the battery myself and OBDII registered (Also used BimmerUtility to verify), completed a software reset to completely clear all DTCs (kinda starting fresh to see what errors are still present), and have started playing with E-Sys and BimmerUtility for future fixes.

I don't want to make this post too long, but can post my recent fixes and/or trouble codes if that may help.
Appreciate 0
      01-16-2024, 08:20 AM   #2
Dlucke17
United_States
Rep
Drives: 550i, X5, 240sx

Update: just tested all handles and only the passenger handle triggers the final security steps. Is this called "Central locking"?

Also, could this be a bad comfort access handle or CA issue in general? Reading over CA threads, the only common issue I've seen the is "battery discharging" issue.
Appreciate 0