2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10 BIMMERPOST Universal Forums General BMW News and Cars Discussion Almost scammed by Eurostyletuning.com

03-25-2024, 01:23 PM   #1
elitegc
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW M235i

Almost scammed by Eurostyletuning.com

In December, I ordered a replacement LCD screen for my daughter's BMW M235i. Over a week later, it hadn't shipped. They said they were waiting on receiving new stock. I asked them to cancel because my daughter was heading back up to college and it wouldn't get here on time. They apologized for the delay and canceled my order. 8 days later, they hadn't issued a refund and said "Rest assured, your order cancelation will be processed but it will take a long time as we are currently having delays on our accounting team." I waited 2 more days and nothing. I initiated a chargeback with my credit card company.

They disputed the chargeback and said they shipped the screen. They even made a "fake" shipping verification (obviously no tracking nor confirmation numbers) The credit card company took their words at face value and contacted me and was going to reverse my credit.

I provided the full email conversation including where they said they were canceling my order and provide me a refund. I finally got my credit today.
Appreciate 7
      03-25-2024, 01:25 PM   #2
TheMidnightNarwhal
Major General
Canada
Rep
Drives: 11' 335is DCT

Wow I hate businesses who act this way. So quick to process your money but so difficult to get a refund. Good on you for not beating around the bush, I've started doing the same.
Appreciate 2
      03-25-2024, 01:29 PM   #3
elitegc
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMidnightNarwhal View Post
Wow I hate businesses who act this way. So quick to process your money but so difficult to get a refund. Good on you for not beating around the bush, I've started doing the same.
I can't believe they actually tried disputing the chargeback.
Appreciate 1
      03-25-2024, 02:03 PM   #4
prostcfc
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 BMW M340i

More places need to be up front about what is stocked and what isn't, what is being drop shipped, what is special order, etc. If vendors are up front about it, I'm prepared and can decide if I'm okay with waiting.
Appreciate 1
      03-25-2024, 02:38 PM   #5
TheMidnightNarwhal
Major General
Canada
Rep
Drives: 11' 335is DCT

Quote:
Originally Posted by prostcfc View Post
More places need to be up front about what is stocked and what isn't, what is being drop shipped, what is special order, etc. If vendors are up front about it, I'm prepared and can decide if I'm okay with waiting.
Yep exactly this. Remember having gone through a similar ordeal with N54 Tuning, both for out of stock items (but not advising the customer, like no update for 3 weeks then I reach out and they tell me it's out of stock, THEN WHY THE F DID YOU SELL IT TO ME) and having some stuff dropshipped to me, like it's so rat and being sneaky. If I order from a Canadian website I expect my item to ship from your store so I get it faster unless stated on your website. I ended up waiting as long as I would have to just order the item directly from the US for that one item with not much benefit to myself since the prices are the same, just adding a middleman taking a cut.

Or you order something from a website and they give you a different brand item and tell you to not worry about it because it's still the same part and same function I wanted and not offering anything in return, like I had to ask them to refund me price different for the CHEAPER item they sent me... you guessed it, N54 Tuning again. Never ordering there again.
Appreciate 0
      03-25-2024, 09:53 PM   #6
carseatsm5
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2020 M5

Thanks for sharing
Appreciate 1
elitegc14.50
      03-26-2024, 07:10 AM   #7
///MPhatic
The Seeker
Rep
Drives: OG M2 • Exige

Why would you buy from them instead of BMW anyway?
Appreciate 1
      03-27-2024, 08:54 AM   #8
elitegc
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ///MPhatic View Post
Why would you buy from them instead of BMW anyway?
It was for a larger aftermarket screen with touchscreen, wireless carplay and a ton more features. I ended up buying one from amazon. $450 (aftermarket) vs $2400 (oem)
Appreciate 1
///MPhatic13862.50
      03-29-2024, 06:45 AM   #9
MADBMWX5MC
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2023 BMW X5MC

Shady businesses are lurking on every angle and every opportunity to strike, forums stories like this one helps our community of car enthusiasts stay informed. Thanks for sharing.
Appreciate 1