2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10 F10 Technical Topics Navigation, iDrive, Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Phone, Coding Delete error codes with eSys

05-19-2019, 06:30 AM   #1
chmsalman
First Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2014 F10 535i x-drive

Delete error codes with eSys

I couldn't find a simple thread on this so I'll do one myself. Mostly so when I need to do this again I can follow my own guide.

Yes you can do it with other tools, but for an average guy doing the average coding to have cool features, map updates, and error code deletes, eSys is pretty much all you need.

Make sure Esys and Launcher PRO 3.0 is installed. Only way to get Launcher Pro is https://www.fxx token master.com/ (without spaces) you'll have to donate 50USD to get the token.

Connect computer to OBD port of car. Yes you can do this on mac running windows via bootcamp. Yes you can use the Ethernet to USB-C adapter without issues.

1. Double click Launcher PRO (I did this on version 3.0). Launch eSys.
2. On the left side, click External Applications.
3. Double click Transmitter.
4. Click connect.
5. Scroll all the way down and find Clear DTC.
6. Double click on that row.

Done.

I tried the option on the very bottom that says "Clear All DTC's" but that didn't work for me. Might work for you.

FYI, I did this because I took off my steering wheel with the battery still connected to restore the leather using the Leatherique dye. FYI, I never had to use the dye, the rejuvenator itself did the trick and made it look brand new. Now I swear by this stuff. Anyway, when I put the wheel back on I got the airbag error. It wouldn't go away. Avoid this by disconnecting the battery before doing something like this.

Above steps cleared the code.
Appreciate 0
      06-07-2019, 06:36 PM   #2
pcp1234
Private
Rep
Drives: G03

Quote:
Originally Posted by chmsalman View Post
I couldn't find a simple thread on this so I'll do one myself. Mostly so when I need to do this again I can follow my own guide.

Yes you can do it with other tools, but for an average guy doing the average coding to have cool features, map updates, and error code deletes, eSys is pretty much all you need.

Make sure Esys and Launcher PRO 3.0 is installed. Only way to get Launcher Pro is https://www.fxx token master.com/ (without spaces) you'll have to donate 50USD to get the token.

Connect computer to OBD port of car. Yes you can do this on mac running windows via bootcamp. Yes you can use the Ethernet to USB-C adapter without issues.

1. Double click Launcher PRO (I did this on version 3.0). Launch eSys.
2. On the left side, click External Applications.
3. Double click Transmitter.
4. Click connect.
5. Scroll all the way down and find Clear DTC.
6. Double click on that row.

Done.

I tried the option on the very bottom that says "Clear All DTC's" but that didn't work for me. Might work for you.

FYI, I did this because I took off my steering wheel with the battery still connected to restore the leather using the Leatherique dye. FYI, I never had to use the dye, the rejuvenator itself did the trick and made it look brand new. Now I swear by this stuff. Anyway, when I put the wheel back on I got the airbag error. It wouldn't go away. Avoid this by disconnecting the battery before doing something like this.

Above steps cleared the code.
you don't need premium launcher to use "external transmitter"

https://www.instagram.com/bimmer_werks86/
Appreciate 0
      06-13-2020, 09:22 PM   #3
Manny_GT
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2010 BMW 535i GT

Is there a way to have a look at the codes before erasing them?
Thank you.
      04-03-2021, 08:32 AM   #4
zijad77
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW F10 2010

I would also like to know if there is a way to read and look at the codes with e sys.
Thanks in advance
Appreciate 0