2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10 BMW 5-Series (F10) Forums General 5-Series Sedan and Wagon (F10 / F11) Forum Drivers side window problems 528i xdrive

10-05-2018, 04:15 AM   #1
Nikkigphx
JustDAutoService
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2004 325i

Drivers side window problems 528i xdrive

The drivers window is denormalized. Will not reinitialize. It will roll down not back up. Regulator has been removed and checked. Window motor only operates when you push switch in open position. Only hear a click from relay when you put the switch in the close position. Error codes are anti trap mechanism malfunction.

Last edited by Nikkigphx; 10-05-2018 at 11:06 AM.. Reason: More details
Appreciate 0
      10-05-2018, 02:50 PM   #2
cdmulders
Captain
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2013 535xi

Garage List
I'm not speaking from experience on the F10 for this issue, but the anti-trap function is exactly that - a sensor that indicates that something, or more importantly, someone, is trapped in the closing window and therefore the 'up' direction of the window is halted. It sounds like that sensor, that detects pressure or friction on the window mechanism when the window is moving upwards, is triggering the fault and halting the mechanism. There may be a voltage or current sensor on the motor or regulator that detects increased load from a motor working too hard. Even if the regulator functions when it is removed, will it function when you apply some restriction or friction? Is the window mechanism otherwise jamming somewhere else, by, for example, some rust or debris in the tracks?
Appreciate 0
      10-06-2018, 12:56 PM   #3
Nikkigphx
JustDAutoService
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2004 325i

Know the regulator moves fine and I have swopted the rear window motor ( works fine) with know change. Can hear relay clicking under the dash when operationing the switch in the up position. Starting to question if I have a problem with the FRM.