2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10 BMW 5-Series (F10) Forums General 5-Series Sedan and Wagon (F10 / F11) Forum Do you still see bubbles after the 2nd day of tinting?

12-06-2010, 08:58 AM   #1
CarBrain
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: Mercedes GL 450

Do you still see bubbles after the 2nd day of tinting?

I just got my tinting done and it has only been 2 days after the job was done. I still see a lot of bubbles.

Is it normal to still see the bubbles. They said that I have to wait 3-5 days for the tint to finish curing and that I should not roll the windows down. Will the bubbles go away after 5 days?

If this is abnormal, what would be the norm?

Do you guys see any bubbles at all immediately after the tinting job was done?
      12-06-2010, 09:06 AM   #2
bobblehead
Brigadier General
Canada
Rep
Drives: warp speed

I just had mine done on Dec 3. Can only see a handful after it was done. Temp here in Toronto, Canada is at freezing point thus takes about 3 days or so for all the bubbles to go away.

Today, I do not see any bubbles at all. Good job done by the installer.
Appreciate 0
      12-06-2010, 11:56 AM   #3
gatoman39
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 E92 335 M-Sport

Garage List
How many is a lot? It's normal to see some bubbles, don't roll down the windows till you see them gone. Try and leave the car in the sun during the day as this should help the tint cure.
      12-06-2010, 06:35 PM   #4
kiasu king
Rep
Drives: F10

It can take as along as 3 weeks for all bubbles to disappear especially if you do not park the car under the hot sun. If you do park under the hot sun, it should go away after a few days provided the bubbles are not due to poor installation workmanship.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarBrain View Post
I just got my tinting done and it has only been 2 days after the job was done. I still see a lot of bubbles.

Is it normal to still see the bubbles. They said that I have to wait 3-5 days for the tint to finish curing and that I should not roll the windows down. Will the bubbles go away after 5 days?

If this is abnormal, what would be the norm?

Do you guys see any bubbles at all immediately after the tinting job was done?
Appreciate 0
      12-06-2010, 07:05 PM   #5
ibimmer954
Major
Rep
Drives: '23 i4 M50, '15 M3, '18 911

Garage List
Worst case you go back to the installer after a few days and they can touch-up any bubbles. Shouldn't be a big deal. My tint took almost a week to completely dry. Don't open the windows until the tint is completely dry.
Appreciate 0
      12-06-2010, 08:06 PM   #6
LACSTER
Major General
Rep
Drives: Hybrid

Quote:
Originally Posted by ibimmer346 View Post
Worst case you go back to the installer after a few days and they can touch-up any bubbles. Shouldn't be a big deal. My tint took almost a week to completely dry. Don't open the windows until the tint is completely dry.
Yeah mine too and the tint guy said it's takes longer cause mine had metal in it.
Appreciate 0
      12-14-2010, 09:54 PM   #7
Bikerboy
Rep
Drives: 2011 BMW 550ix Sport

you guys have lousy tint installers. Plain and simple. Had mine done immediately after got car. zero bubbles. Same person did my 08 550i. Zero bubbles. Total bs that there should be ANY bubbles! Have the installer give you your money back, peel that crap off your windows and find someone who knows what they're doing.
Appreciate 0
      12-14-2010, 10:25 PM   #8
bmedude
Woohoo I finally got a beamer!
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 550i

As all the other members have already posted, it is completely normal to have a few tiny bubbles here and there. DO NOT TOUCH THEM! They will go away once fully cured assuming you went to a legit installer who uses good quality films.

My local tint installer uses premium LLUMAR films(remember, just because someone tells you they're using LLUMAR film does NOT mean you're getting "the good stuff") and I've never seen a bubble post installation.

FYI - LLUMAR, Solarguard, SunTek, Johnson and 3M have great quality midrange and high end films. Try to avoid metal based films since they will affect radio reception if you have an in-glass antenna. Ceramic is the way to go, but be ready to shell out some green for that. Dye film can be decent, but it will fade over time to an ugly shade of purple/blue.
Appreciate 0
      12-15-2010, 10:14 PM   #9
JZWU
Rep
Drives: 2005 330Cic

You can use a hair dryer on high heat to dry out bubbles in a few hours to a half day.
Appreciate 0