2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10 F10 Technical Topics Navigation, iDrive, Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Phone, Coding My BMW Remote Mobile App Now Available in Apple iTunes for iOS Devices

02-15-2012, 04:04 PM   #1
Jason
Administrator
United_States
Rep
Drives: F80 M3

Post My BMW Remote Mobile App Now Available in Apple iTunes for iOS Devices

BIMMERPOST NEWS
My BMW Remote Mobile App Now Available in Apple iTunes for iOS Devices
COMMENTS

My BMW Remote Mobile App Now Available

New mobile app lets customers access remote services for their vehicles.

Woodcliff Lake, NJ
– February 15, 2012… BMW announced that the My BMW Remote app is available for Apple iOS devices beginning today. This app allows many BMW customers to access remote features for their vehicle by using their mobile device and the power of BMW Assist. These features include remotely locking and unlocking of doors, getting the location of their parked vehicle, and sending Google Local Search results to their vehicle. Additionally, some customers will even be able to send a command to sound the horn or flash the headlights of their BMW.

Customers who have an active BMW Assist Safety Plan, a compatible vehicle, and an Apple device running iOS 4.0 or later will be able to download the app to their device starting today via the Apple iTunes store. No changes are required to their BMW. My BMW Remote operates on the customer’s mobile device, sending remote commands to their BMW.

My BMW Remote includes the following functions in detail:

VEHICLE POSITION – If the vehicle’s ignition is off, and it is located within 0.6 miles (1km) of the mobile device, the current vehicle location can be displayed on a map in the mobile device:

Name:  My+BMW+Remote+Vehicle_Position.JPG
Views: 3828
Size:  95.4 KB

GOOGLE LOCAL SEARCH - Search for local businesses, restaurants, and more on the mobile device and send the details to the vehicle:

Name:  My+BMW+Remote+Google_Local_Search.JPG
Views: 3713
Size:  112.9 KB

REMOTE LOCKING & UNLOCKING – Customers can remotely lock or unlock their vehicles, providing peace of mind if they are unsure whether they locked the vehicle in the parking lot or if they have accidently locked keys in the vehicle :

Name:  My+BMW+Remote+Locking.JPG
Views: 3776
Size:  48.6 KB

REMOTE HORN - send a remote command to sound the horn of your BMW to help locate the vehicle:

Name:  My+BMW+Remote+Horn.JPG
Views: 3750
Size:  42.5 KB

REMOTE HEADLIGHTS – remote control of configurable exterior light functions to help locate the vehicle:

Name:  My+BMW+Remote+Headlights.JPG
Views: 3769
Size:  43.4 KB

The remote features available to the customer will depend on which BMW model they have.

The following vehicles will have Remote Door Lock & Unlock, Google Local Search, and Vehicle Position available:
- 1 Series, 3 Series, 5 Series, or 6 Series produced March 2008 or later
- X5 SAV or X6 SAC produced April 2008 or later
- Z4 Roadster from Model Year 2009 or later

The following vehicles will have Remote Horn and Remote Flash Headlights available, in addition to Remote Door Lock & Unlock, Google Local Search, and Vehicle Position:

- X3 SAV from Model Year 2011 or later
- 3 Series Sedan from Model Year 2012 or later
- 5 Series Gran Turismo from Model Year 2010 or later
- 5 Series Sedan from Model Year 2011 or later
- 6 Series from Model Year 2012 or later
- 7 Series from Model Year 2009 or later

Here is the application chart for the different BMW models:

Name:  bmwremotemobileapp1.jpg
Views: 3853
Size:  55.2 KB

My BMW Remote is just one of the many ConnectedDrive services available to BMW customers. BMW ConnectedDrive combines various elements from online applications, driver assistance systems, call center services and solutions for the integration of mobile devices. As a result, BMW customers are provided with an exceptional form of mobility, with more safety, more convenience, and more infotainment.

Here's a short clip we recorded of the app (in beta form) in action from the 2010 Paris Auto Show

Appreciate 0
      02-15-2012, 04:44 PM   #2
ek415
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2012 F10 535i M-Sport Loaded

Just downloaded and installed the app. This should be fun!
Appreciate 0
      02-15-2012, 05:22 PM   #3
Pimpsy
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2019 M5C

I managed to blow my horn from inside the house. Now I feel complete.
Appreciate 0
      02-15-2012, 05:42 PM   #4
lindros2
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 535i M-S

It's a lot slower than the previous version. Locate is faster, but everything else takes as long - if not longer - than the initial versions (v1.5 mislabeled as v1.3 was fast).

The big win is that now you can send directions from your phone to the car. Previously you needed a PC to do the "Send To..." then "Car".
Appreciate 0
      02-16-2012, 07:16 AM   #5
eskdale
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 520d M Sport Touring F11

Why no Horn

Just installed this v2 previous version I had was 1.6

Both versions do not give an option for the Sound Horn only the Flash Headlights Not really that big a deal but curious.

The services in the car state that it supports both Horn and headlights

Any one any ideas or experience the same?

Appreciate 0
      02-16-2012, 12:01 PM   #6
Karrera4
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: Lots of them

tried to log into mine and its says account is locked and to call connected drive hotline. I called this AM and they said they would "send it to tech support" to figure it out....I guess this doesnt seem like it should be that difficult. 5 hours later and I still can't log in.
Looking: E46 M3 Cab 6mt or 2008 Audi RS4
Appreciate 0
      02-16-2012, 01:51 PM   #7
Carbonschwartz
Rep
Drives: F11 520d SE

Anyone have any idea what the heck 'Precondition' does? I cant seem to get it to do anything?
Appreciate 0
      02-16-2012, 02:09 PM   #8
///MSpt550xi
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: F10 550xi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karrera4 View Post
tried to log into mine and its says account is locked and to call connected drive hotline. I called this AM and they said they would "send it to tech support" to figure it out....I guess this doesnt seem like it should be that difficult. 5 hours later and I still can't log in.
Can you let us know what your outcome is with this? I have the same problem.
2012 F10 550xi M Sport, Dark Graphite Metallic II, Black Nappa, Aluminum Hexagon Trim, Cold Weather Package, Ceramic Controls, Premium Sound Package, Luxury Seating Package, 30% Tint, Painted Reflectors
Appreciate 0
      02-16-2012, 02:17 PM   #9
Mac
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: F10 550i

Quote:
I have the same problem. I can't seem to find a phone number to call them. Which number did you call?
Appreciate 0
      02-16-2012, 03:09 PM   #10
Karrera4
Enlisted Member
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ///MThree View Post
Can you let us know what your outcome is with this? I have the same problem.
I ended up just pushing the SOS button and got them on the line that way...that was this morning when they said tech support would take care of it. As of 5 min ago, I tried logging in again and it worked...takes you thru a short setup procedure and then you will be good to go. I haven't tried any features yet, but will when I leave the office.

So, just hit the SOS button and tell them the issue...took about 6 hours for them to get to it.
Appreciate 0
      02-16-2012, 03:46 PM   #11
///MSpt550xi
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: F10 550xi

Quote:
I ended up just pushing the SOS button and got them on the line that way...that was this morning when they said tech support would take care of it. As of 5 min ago, I tried logging in again and it worked...takes you thru a short setup procedure and then you will be good to go. I haven't tried any features yet, but will when I leave the office.

So, just hit the SOS button and tell them the issue...took about 6 hours for them to get to it.
What are you using to log in with? Meaning are you using your SOS user ID and PW?

It says that you can use your "My BMW" (https://www.bmwusa.com/secured/content/forms/login.aspx) log in to work this as well, and that is what I was getting hung up with.
2012 F10 550xi M Sport, Dark Graphite Metallic II, Black Nappa, Aluminum Hexagon Trim, Cold Weather Package, Ceramic Controls, Premium Sound Package, Luxury Seating Package, 30% Tint, Painted Reflectors
Appreciate 0
      02-16-2012, 04:00 PM   #12
Mac
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: F10 550i

Quote:

I called them and they said the same thing...technical glitch. The guy reset my password and asked me to try tomorrow morning after deleting the app and re-installing.
Appreciate 0
      02-16-2012, 04:09 PM   #13
cove
Germany
Rep
Drives: Bmw 520d F10

My BMW Remote Mobile App Version: 2.

Does anyone have My BMW Remote Mobile App Version: 2.0 App to send me on my email address?
It is not available in my country region iTunes Store for downloads, and I can not be registered to another ITunes store.

Thanks
vzinic@yahoo.com
Appreciate 0
      02-16-2012, 04:34 PM   #14
vdubturbo
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: E90, E36, 997

Do I need 6NR for this to work?
Appreciate 0
      02-16-2012, 05:53 PM   #15
NYF32DRIVER
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 428i X Drive

"error Your Account Has Been Locked..."

"ERROR Your Account Has Been Locked..."
...please contact ConnectedDrive hotline"

That's the message I have been getting. I called BMW Assist. The told me I needed to change my password. That was 8 hours ago. I'm STILL getting this message.

Anyone else ?
      02-16-2012, 06:46 PM   #16
Karrera4
Enlisted Member
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ///MThree View Post
What are you using to log in with? Meaning are you using your SOS user ID and PW?

It says that you can use your "My BMW" (https://www.bmwusa.com/secured/content/forms/login.aspx) log in to work this as well, and that is what I was getting hung up with.
I am using my email address and a PIN that they make you set on the phone. I tried my My BMW username and pw several times and that is how mine ended up locked. After talking to SOS, they got my email and set my PIN.
Appreciate 0
      02-16-2012, 06:47 PM   #17
Karrera4
Enlisted Member
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYCE90DRIVER View Post
"ERROR Your Account Has Been Locked..."
...please contact ConnectedDrive hotline"

That's the message I have been getting. I called BMW Assist. The told me I needed to change my password. That was 8 hours ago. I'm STILL getting this message.

Anyone else ?
They need to do something on their end...which they couldn't really explain to me but it seemed to work. Just hit the SOS button and tell them whats up...they indicated their call volume has been pretty high as people are trying to download this app and make it work all at once.
Appreciate 0
      02-16-2012, 08:41 PM   #18
Pimpsy
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by eskdale View Post
Just installed this v2 previous version I had was 1.6

Both versions do not give an option for the Sound Horn only the Flash Headlights Not really that big a deal but curious.

The services in the car state that it supports both Horn and headlights

Any one any ideas or experience the same?
I have Remote Horn in between Locking/Unlocking and Flash headlights.

I sugget that you uninstall/reinstall the app.

Also, I do not have precondition...HMMM....
Appreciate 0
      02-17-2012, 11:54 AM   #19
eskdale
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 520d M Sport Touring F11

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlanM View Post
I have Remote Horn in between Locking/Unlocking and Flash headlights.

I sugget that you uninstall/reinstall the app.

Also, I do not have precondition...HMMM....
Hi Alan, Thanks I wonder if its a country thing. UK and US may be different. Do any other UK users have the horn option? Precondition just turns the fans on to cool it down unless you have an Aux Heater then it would be useful to pre heat the car - But the Aux heater is not an option in the UK. As to reinstall it was the same for both the previous version and this new version.
Appreciate 0
      02-17-2012, 05:39 PM   #20
Pimpsy
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Hi Alan, Thanks I wonder if its a country thing. UK and US may be different. Do any other UK users have the horn option? Precondition just turns the fans on to cool it down unless you have an Aux Heater then it would be useful to pre heat the car - But the Aux heater is not an option in the UK. As to reinstall it was the same for both the previous version and this new version.
Well, now I want the precondition, lol.

Anyway, in case this is helpful, on my iPhone the software version in the settings menu says: 2.0_r11590/11684 / 2.4.1
Appreciate 0
      02-19-2012, 11:26 AM   #21
vdubturbo
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: E90, E36, 997

Quote:
Originally Posted by vdubturbo View Post
Do I need 6NR for this to work?
Never mind, figured it out. Now I'm getting the same error message as everyone else.
Appreciate 0
      02-19-2012, 12:24 PM   #22
mro77
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F11 525d M Sport Touring

Quote:
Do any other UK users have the horn option?
Hi eskdale,

No horn option here.

I'm trying to think whether it was there before the recent App Store update? I think it might have been, but not sure.