2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10 BMW 5-Series (F10) Forums F10 / F11 5-Series Photos - Video - Media lsturbointeg's "Black Candy" build thread! (with daily/weekly updates!)

07-15-2017, 11:58 PM   #1
lsturbointeg
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 535i Jet Black

Cool lsturbointeg's "Black Candy" build thread! (with daily/weekly updates!)

hey fellow forum brothers and sisters! been meaning to do a build thread and figured since i'm on the home stretch for the exterior of the car i might as well show the building process as many of the older members know i've been taking my sweet ole time...actually this project would have been done earlier but having a new house and juggling my other build my Nissan Titan i sorta just kept ordering parts for the F10 knowing eventually i'll get around to her. so grab a beer and some popcorn and follow my build

so here's the Titan finally finished with a 9" lift rolling on 35" Mud tires! and of course that house that totally emptied my bank account but totally worth it!

so here i am first day picking up my new or new to me CPO 2011 BMW 535i! yup! i'm tatted up yo!

so first mod i did was tint the windows at 35%. not sure what kind of tint was used since the dealer sent it out to a shop who does all their tint for them

since my window trim was chrome i knew that had to go so i was referred to Shadowlinetrim.com. with the left over pieces i used it to wrap the front reflector

lower fog light cover strip

side marker light

and the door trim

next was my custom wheels i had Jason from GetYourWheels make for me. Alpha Forge was looking for a car to sponsor for their new wheels and i was able to get picked up by them! it took some time figuring out what the offsets should be and how wide of a wheel i was looking to do for what i had in mind. so we decided to go with front 21x9.5 30mm and 21x11 38mm rears. this is a forged wheel 3 piece design that comes with deep long legs with an aggressive concavity! these wheels come with the Bespoke program so there were literally hundreds of different paints and finishes to go with as well as deciding if i wanted hidden or exposed hardware. Jason kept me posted and sent me pictures during the building process. here they are in raw form just after cutting

i love bronze and i knew on JetBlack these would work well so i ended up going with Matte Anitique Bronze with exposed gloss black hardware!

shipped to my door!

and for some wheel jewelry i complimented them with the Titanium lugbolts by BMS! Titanium is known for its superior strength, light weight and corrosion resistance. These bolts is not only stronger than stock but weigh 45% less. A net savings of about a pound of rotating weight total.

sexy right!

the lip on these wheels are just ridiculous! for the front 3.5"!

and the rears 4.5"!

where she sat at the time with those mods

next i ordered a 3D style carbon fiber front lip from Schmeidmann and i paired it with a PU splitter

going with the carbon fiber theme i won a bid for some carbon fiber front grills from Auto Technic!

bought the carbon fiber Vorsteiner rear spoiler and it just didn't fit as you can see the end is sticking up so i knew i was gonna have to go with something else. what do you expect from Ebay

one of the biggest and by far the best mod i've ever done to the F10 was a custom steering wheel from Ledermanz in Latvia! they have done custom steering wheels for BMW, Audi, Porsche and Mercedes Benz. got a hold of them and their customer service is awesome! they will let you design and choose how you want your steering wheel to look like and you can choose leather, alcantara and preforated leather in a variety of colors. i came up with this one and i love it!

thick steering wheel with thumb rest with the flat bottom

black leather top and bottom with Alcantara sides and cinnamon 12 o'clock stripe at the top (same color as my interior to match)

cinnamon stitching throughout

if you guys have the opportunity to get a custom wheel if you have the boring base steering wheel...i highly recommend it!

next i scored a deal from a fellow forum member for an EVC Meisterschaft exhaust. originally from a 550i but will fit on a 535i with some minor adjustments. i drove from Ohio to New York to pick these bad boys up! as you can see he had it painted with black paint but since it was prepped right it started to flake off.

so i took some paint stripper and went to town

and here's what it looked like afterwards!

so because of that bad Vorsteiner fitment for the rear spoiler i went with the 3D style carbon fiber spoiler. because using 3m double sided tape just felt like it wasn't sturdy i decided to go with the Betalink expoxy. this stuff is a PITA to work with and you gotta have patience and know what you're doing!

and here it it! no gaps and it's pretty clean

finally got a crazy ridiculous deal on a set of KWV1 coilovers from a fellow forum member! these things are a beauty! and for the price...sheeet!

had a buddy of mine help me slap these in as they were pretty easy to install. forgot how long it took us but i think it was around 2.5 hours on his driveway with just basic hand tools! no air tools here baby!

Stanced out!

picked up some carbon fiber slip on covers off ebay. doesn't look too shabby. problem with the Meisterschaft tips is you can't swap them out so these were the best things i could find. it'll do

again, scored a deal from a forum member for this DTM carbon fiber diffuser! brand spanking new never installed as he decided it was too much work to install

when these first came out i jumped all over these and won a bid from the seller. unfortunately his first batch all had fitment issues so i ended up waiting almost 6 months or so for them to remold it and get it right. because i was his first customer he ended up discounting them half off since i said i would wait for them

some guys like em...some hate em but i think they look sweet! plus i knew i was gonna add some type of carbon fiber side skirt extensions to compliment them

for the roof spoiler i always liked the design of the W style. i'm not sure who the manufacturer is but i just like the design of it. the carbon fiber version cost like $350 so i decided to get the PU version. i actually got this for free as fellow member Jet in Oz wanted to know how and what this would look like to he sent me some $$ and after i posted my impressions he decided to order it. unfortunately because he's in Australia i think they were trying to charge him like $300+ or some ridiculous amount and he changed his mind. not sure what happened after that? i ended wrapping in 5d carbon fiber vinyl

test fitted

and wrapped

while i was at it i wrapped the mirror caps with the 5d carbon fiber vinyl as well which turned out pretty damn clean if you ask me

i picked up the MSPORT rear bumper from a fellow forum member Dan1416 out of New Jersey but since i had a conference meeting out in PA i decided to pick this bumper while i was out there! that's twice i drove out there for some parts lol

fitment was on point! no gaps and everything lined up perfectly!

so when it came time to order the side skirts extensions i wasn't sure which one's to get? i originally like the 3d's but after awhile other styles came out and i wasn't sure since not too many people had side skirt extensions at the time. than the PU styles came out and i thought to save some money i can buy those and just wrap them in 5d carbon fiber vinyl? but i decided to go with what i liked in the beginning and sure enough i'm glad did!

for being replicas and for the price i paid compared to what other Ebay seller's were asking for the same item i'm very happy i paid for the cheapest one's that were $125 less that what the other seller's were asking for

i must have researched these things for over a year as there were really no confirmation to whether or not M5 and MSPORT side skirts were actually the same. some would claim the replica M5 is wider than the MSPORT and other's stated the the OEM M5's are wider. even Ebay seller's were stating the skirts are different. someone posted that the BMW part #'s were actually the same. anywho i decided what the hell and ordered the MSPORT skirts from a seller who showed he sold a crap load with good reviews. here they are

these are very well built and sturdy!

installed on the car!

nice tight fitment...no gaps!

and here they are installed with the 3d style carbon fiber extensions

Perfect fitment! no gaps and these are just using self tapping screws

and finally installed on the car!

decided it was time to upgrade to the double slat grills!

when i picked up the EVC Meisterschaft exhaust it did not come with the remotes nor the wiring kit. so i ordered these from QTP as i contacted GTHaus and they wanted $150 for the wireless kit and another $100 for the wires. QTP makes these for GTHaus and basically it's the same product other than the logo so why pay more for the logo?

so the exhaust will be getting installed here shortly as the MSPORT rear bumper and side skirts will be dropped off Monday to the Bodyshop to get painted! the rear reflectors have already been ordered for the rear bumper as the PDC holders already showed up from Turner Motorsports but the PDC's are still in transit. i'll update the thread as she comes to the final stretch for the exterior. next year i'll start working on performance ie tune, intake, CP and DP. not sure which one's but i'm sure i'll be posting them here.
~F90Conversion~21"3Piece Forged AvantGardeWheels~KWV1Coilovers~CQUENCE slotted/drilled rotors~GoodridgeStainlesslines~MeisterschaftQuadEx haust~Akrapovic 4"tips~VRSF DP~VRSF CP~TurboSmart BOV~K&N filter~CarbonFiberExteriorComponents~GladenAlphaCo mponents~MatchUp7BMW~Punch P300-12T~
Follow me on Instagram: lsturbointeg

Last edited by lsturbointeg; 05-27-2020 at 10:35 PM..
Appreciate 6
      07-15-2017, 11:59 PM   #2
lsturbointeg
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep

no needed to quote guys so it doesn't DL and cpy all the pictures since the post is long...thanks!
~F90Conversion~21"3Piece Forged AvantGardeWheels~KWV1Coilovers~CQUENCE slotted/drilled rotors~GoodridgeStainlesslines~MeisterschaftQuadEx haust~Akrapovic 4"tips~VRSF DP~VRSF CP~TurboSmart BOV~K&N filter~CarbonFiberExteriorComponents~GladenAlphaCo mponents~MatchUp7BMW~Punch P300-12T~

Last edited by lsturbointeg; 07-16-2017 at 01:21 AM..
Appreciate 0
      07-16-2017, 02:50 AM   #3
exred
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2011 F10 535ix

Awesome progress you made there!
Appreciate 1
      07-16-2017, 06:17 AM   #4
.BMW.
Major General
Sweden
Rep
Drives: BMW F11/F31

Nice with all mods summarized in one build thread.

Your F10 looks great!
Appreciate 1
      07-16-2017, 08:24 AM   #5
vpatel867
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 16 F10, 19 xm40i, 24 x7

Garage List
  [10.00]
Nice looking man!
      07-16-2017, 10:25 AM   #6
Ickdeep
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: '13 F10 M5 | '15 F15 X5

Garage List
2015 BMW X5  [10.00]
2013 BMW M5 [SOLD]  [10.00]
2013 BMW 535i [SOLD]  [10.00]
Cant wait to see the finished project!! Awesome build!
Appreciate 1
      07-16-2017, 12:00 PM   #7
lsturbointeg
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep

Thanks guys! The building process is always fun! I forgot to mention i ordered a different PU front splitter since the one i currently have doesn't reach the wheel well. That I'll be wrapping in 5d carbon fiber vinyl
Appreciate 0
      07-18-2017, 10:57 AM   #8
lsturbointeg
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep

MSPORT rear bumper and side skirts on it's way to the Paint shop!

Just ordered this new PU splitter which will replace my current one.
the one i had before stops a good 4-5" before the wheel well were some members pointed it out that it should be flush with the wheel well

Last edited by lsturbointeg; 07-18-2017 at 03:14 PM..
Appreciate 0
      07-18-2017, 11:10 AM   #9
lsturbointeg
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep

Also ordered some hexlogic pads from Chemical Guy's to do a minor paint correction as theres a slight swirl from just normal washes even tho im doing the 2 bucket method. Also ordered some CG Natural Shine, Satin Shine Dressing for the tires and I'll also use this for some of the vinyl plastic coverings inside the engine bay

Appreciate 1
Ickdeep5706.00
      07-18-2017, 11:17 AM   #10
lsturbointeg
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep

Also, to fasten my carbon fiber slip on tips so they don't fall off i ordered 4 T-bolt fasteners vs your normal C-clamps

The PDC's should be coming in sometime this week. They won't actually be hooked up as their just used to fillin the holes in the rear bumper

Here's the PDC holders i received from Turnermotorsport.com. these pretty much self stick to the bumper when you remove the plastic than the PDC is inserted and snapped into place

Last edited by lsturbointeg; 07-18-2017 at 03:16 PM..
Appreciate 1
EV8634.00
      07-18-2017, 12:23 PM   #11
mragarg
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 BMW 550i

Love the build! I always enjoy seeing your posts about things you have planned!
1972 Mercedes Benz 280 SEL
2014 BMW 550i
Appreciate 1
      07-18-2017, 12:38 PM   #12
Ickdeep
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2015 BMW X5  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by lsturbointeg View Post
Also ordered some hexlogic pads from Chemical Guy's...
Good to know that people are actually using their stuff. That's all I ever use to clean my car now.

Cant wait to see the bumpers painted and back on the car
Appreciate 0
      07-18-2017, 03:17 PM   #13
lsturbointeg
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by mragarg View Post
Love the build! I always enjoy seeing your posts about things you have planned!
appreciate it! for the most part i try to plan what i'm going to do or at least do some homework on it but post it here as well since we all love the build part of it and it's nice to show that part vs just showing what was done

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ickdeep View Post
Good to know that people are actually using their stuff. That's all I ever use to clean my car now.

Cant wait to see the bumpers painted and back on the car
yup! some people talk $hit about CG but i've always had good experience with their products. really excited to see how their vinyl dressing works. had really good reviews on it plus i need to use it also for my Titan as the black fender flares are pretty dull looking after a car wash. i finally just picked up this Ryobi from Home Depot...actually the wife bought it for me cause it was on sale and now i need to find out which foam canon i need to get? i'm assuming none of the garden hose attachments is what i'm looking for but specifically one that works with a water pressure right?

Last edited by lsturbointeg; 07-18-2017 at 03:23 PM..
Appreciate 0
      07-18-2017, 03:27 PM   #14
lsturbointeg
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep

Looks like my PU Splitter from MagicDrift showed up at my door today. i'm at work so i'll have to take some pictures of it when i get home in the morning
Appreciate 0
      07-19-2017, 12:23 AM   #15
F10ARNOLD
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: Alpine white F10 535i MSPORT

Awesome job bro!!!! Keep the ball rollin!!!
Appreciate the thread!!!
Shows hard work always pays off!!!!
Appreciate 1
      07-19-2017, 01:32 AM   #16
lsturbointeg
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by F10ARNOLD View Post
Awesome job bro!!!! Keep the ball rollin!!!
Appreciate the thread!!!
Shows hard work always pays off!!!!
aaaaaye...thanks brother!
Appreciate 0
      07-19-2017, 02:34 AM   #17
Simple5
Major
Rep
Drives: 2013 M5

Straight G bruh! I'm in the process of a "owners lci" myself!
Appreciate 1
      07-19-2017, 10:00 AM   #18
DDD31
Captain
Rep
Drives: 24 M3CS, 95 E320, 85 300CD

Quote:
yup! some people talk $hit about CG but i've always had good experience with their products. really excited to see how their vinyl dressing works. had really good reviews on it plus i need to use it also for my Titan as the black fender flares are pretty dull looking after a car wash. i finally just picked up this Ryobi from Home Depot...actually the wife bought it for me cause it was on sale and now i need to find out which foam canon i need to get? i'm assuming none of the garden hose attachments is what i'm looking for but specifically one that works with a water pressure right?
I use the MTM foam cannon $59 on Amazon, works great, lots of thick sudsy foam and it impresses the neighbors.
Attached Images

2021 MBB M5C (retired) 2018 Daytona Violet M3 ZCP (retired), 2016 AW 550i (retired)
2013 EBII 335i (retired), 2008 Platinum Bronze 535xi (retired), 2007 Monaco Blue 335i (retired)
1999 Hellrot M3 coupe (retired)
Appreciate 1
      07-19-2017, 10:07 AM   #19
xxpanipuri
Major
Rep
Drives: 550i

very nice, its crazy to always see before and after pics.

we just bought a new house as well, so talk about empty bank accounts!!! we also have to remodel all 3 bathrooms, plus a host of other MODS to the new house (50+ LED recessed lights, new paint/flooring/baseboard trim, curtains, closet organizers) etc etc

Only in Silicon Valley do you buy a house for 1.5m and you have to dump another 50k into it! but hey real estate is all about LOCATION LOCATION LOCATION....

Appreciate 1
      07-19-2017, 10:39 AM   #20
lsturbointeg
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simple3 View Post
Straight G bruh! I'm in the process of a "owners lci" myself!
Ayyyyyyyyyy Simple! Where the hell have you been hiding?
Appreciate 0
      07-19-2017, 11:13 AM   #21
Ickdeep
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2015 BMW X5  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by DDD31 View Post
I use the MTM foam cannon $59 on Amazon, works great, lots of thick sudsy foam and it impresses the neighbors.
I bought this and since then just been buying the refills for soap. http://www.chemicalguys.com/TORQ_Foa...SABEgJPmfD_BwE

I bought a pressure washer from Costco and been using the combo ever since. My neighbors and people driving are always like "hey, my car next" & if I still have some soap left after my car, I tell them to bring their car over and I use the remaining soap on their cars.
Appreciate 0
      07-19-2017, 01:18 PM   #22
Teddylongtooth
ZEROdoubleZERO
Rep
Drives: 2011 550i m sport

Quote:
appreciate it! for the most part i try to plan what i'm going to do or at least do some homework on it but post it here as well since we all love the build part of it and it's nice to show that part vs just showing what was done

Chemical Guys make a foam cannon for pressure washers. Your car is coming along nicely. Can't wait to see it done, its going to be sweet!!
Appreciate 1