2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10 BMW 5-Series (F10) Forums General 5-Series Sedan and Wagon (F10 / F11) Forum Trunk Latch Issue

07-14-2020, 04:45 PM   #1
ADM1126
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2013 BMW 535xi

Trunk Latch Issue

Hi all, I’m hoping someone can give me an idea on what to replace. I recently opened the trunk to put something inside and pushed the button inside the trunk to close. The trunk seemed to close normally however the dash threw out a ‘Trunk Open’ message. After a few iterations of opening and closing, the Trunk Open message disappeared.

I get home several hours later, tried to open the trunk and now its stuck. I hear the latch mechanics but the trunk remains locked shut. I was able to lower the rear seats and Pulled the emergency release cable. The trunk popped open.

Now the trunk’s latch is not allowing the trunk to close. I used a screw driver to open the latch to allow it to catch but the trunk is now stuck shut again. I had to pull the emergency release again and it popped open.

Any ideas on how to fix this? Can I just replace the latching mechanism?

Thanks in advance.
Anthony
2013 535x
Appreciate 0