2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10 F10 Technical Topics DIY Guides & Discussions Inspection

01-26-2022, 11:55 AM   #1
rssazn
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2013 F10

Inspection

When all you think you need is a new Battery, BMW Claps back hard. Mind as well just buy another for that price...
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      01-26-2022, 12:05 PM   #2
Hoa
Major
No_Country
Rep
Drives: BMW

Most of those you can DIY. I recommend getting a used seat that matches your options. You might can get just the seat bottom as well. eBay have them
Appreciate 0
      01-26-2022, 12:12 PM   #3
rssazn
Enlisted Member
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoa View Post
Most of those you can DIY. I recommend getting a used seat that matches your options. You might can get just the seat bottom as well. eBay have them
Brought it in for a recall for the software update, so hopefully that will wipe out the "Passenger Restraint Malfunction."

I'm not too savy with these things, I plan on shopping at Indies for these items.

That being said, I just moved to Northern Virginia, any recommendations would be appreciated!
Appreciate 0
      01-26-2022, 12:41 PM   #4
Hoa
Major
No_Country
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by rssazn View Post
Brought it in for a recall for the software update, so hopefully that will wipe out the "Passenger Restraint Malfunction."
Which model is your car?

How long are you planning on keeping the car?

If your main concern is the rumble, it's most likely the engine mounts. I would replace those and service the diff fluid first.

Your seat mat is bad so a software update won't fix it. It senses if you have a person sitting in it or not. It's cheapest to replace the seat bottom or get a whole used seat to swap out.
Appreciate 0
      01-26-2022, 12:45 PM   #5
rssazn
Enlisted Member
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoa View Post
Which model is your car?

How long are you planning on keeping the car?

If your main concern is the rumble, it's most likely the engine mounts. I would replace those and service the diff fluid first.

Your seat mat is bad so a software update won't fix it. It senses if you have a person sitting in it or not. It's cheapest to replace the seat bottom or get a whole used seat to swap out.
2013 528i, prolly gonna run it to the ground.
I'm sure I can tackle the thrust strut and bushing; but dam that engine mount looks exhausting...
Appreciate 0
      01-26-2022, 12:57 PM   #6
Hoa
Major
No_Country
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by rssazn View Post
2013 528i, prolly gonna run it to the ground.
I'm sure I can tackle the thrust strut and bushing; but dam that engine mount looks exhausting...
It's actually not that hard. You can easily access it from the bottom. One bolt on top of the mount and three underneath it. Work on one side at a time. Use a small jack and a block of wood to lift the engine up slightly so you can wiggle the mount out
Appreciate 0