2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10 BMW 5-Series Gran Turismo GT (F07) Forums General 5-Series GT (Gran Turismo) (F07) Forum Key not working for opening or starting

02-18-2022, 04:15 AM   #1
V8 EGO
Rep
Drives: 2007 Alpina D3 Touring #166

Key not working for opening or starting

Good day everyone. I have a 2011 535d GT and one of my keys has stopped working. The car has comfort access and I have used a variety of different batteries including Panasonic and none work.

We have two keys and the other one works fine. I have taken the key apart and there are no obvious dry joints and I have re-sprung the battery contacts to no avail. The key will not allow the car to be unlocked/locked either remotely or through comfort access and it won't even allow the car to be started when offering up to the steering column.

Has anyone encountered this themselves and how did they sort it? Failing that, does anyone have any recommendations for either key repair or a replacement key in the UK please?

James

2011 BMW 5353d GT SE
Appreciate 0