2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10 BMW 5-Series Gran Turismo GT (F07) Forums General 5-Series GT (Gran Turismo) (F07) Forum Vibration and rumbling in high gears.

04-14-2019, 01:19 PM   #1
SoZoX
Private
Rep
Drives: 335d

Vibration and rumbling in high gears.

Hi
Have owned BMW for 10 years now and this problem is a new one for me. My F07 2010 530d has a rumbling sound and vibrations over 50 mph in high gears. I can provoke it while putting the gearbox in highest gear available (5-6 gear). When accelerating in these higher gears from 1600 to 2100rpm there is vibration and rumbling sound, I think from the back. It stops around 2100rpm while accelerating. If I put the car in sport mode or just put the pedal to the floor, then the car runs perfect, no problems at all. I bought a guibo and center bearing and my mechanic is going to investigate. My car is tuned and has 90.000 miles on it. There is no codes and engine/gearbox runs perfect. Hope some of you have some advice where to investigate. It must be something to do with the speed of the driveshaft and torque applied maybe differential?
Appreciate 1
      10-06-2019, 10:37 PM   #2
singchris
Registered
Rep
Drives: X5 diesel

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoZoX View Post
Hi
Have owned BMW for 10 years now and this problem is a new one for me. My F07 2010 530d has a rumbling sound and vibrations over 50 mph in high gears. I can provoke it while putting the gearbox in highest gear available (5-6 gear). When accelerating in these higher gears from 1600 to 2100rpm there is vibration and rumbling sound, I think from the back. It stops around 2100rpm while accelerating. If I put the car in sport mode or just put the pedal to the floor, then the car runs perfect, no problems at all. I bought a guibo and center bearing and my mechanic is going to investigate. My car is tuned and has 90.000 miles on it. There is no codes and engine/gearbox runs perfect. Hope some of you have some advice where to investigate. It must be something to do with the speed of the driveshaft and torque applied maybe differential?
Try to check your differential bushing, part itself cost almost 1500 USD without labour, got the same problem with my 550gt drove before, the differential bushing is losing that why u can obviously feel like the car had vibration when u are accelerating, change it immediately
Appreciate 0
      12-09-2020, 12:27 PM   #3
Drifter2090
Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: E90 M3 | E92 335i | E90 335d

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoZoX View Post
Hi
Did you get this resolved? I am having the exact same issue. I will be changing the giubo and rear differential bushing.
SS2-FR E90 M3 6MT / IND / AFE / ActiveAutowerke - SOLD
AW-FR E90 M3 DCT / ACM / IND / AutoTecknic / K&N / H&R / Bilstein - SOLD
Appreciate 0