2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10 F10 Technical Topics Wheels / Tires / Suspension / Brakes Need to install my H&R springs on 2013 550xdrive

04-19-2013, 02:59 PM   #1
BMWdrmz
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW's

Need to install my H&R springs on 2013 550xdrive

Can anyone recommend a good shop in the Akron, Ohio area to install springs. Dealer quoted $1K which seems high, looking for some options.
Appreciate 0
      04-21-2013, 12:06 AM   #2
mdrobc13
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: Made in Bavaria

Garage List
2021 BMW X3e  [0.00]
2016 BMW M4  [9.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by BMWdrmz View Post
Can anyone recommend a good shop in the Akron, Ohio area to install springs. Dealer quoted $1K which seems high, looking for some options.
My dealer charged me like $450... definitely getting ripped off at $1k. Independent non-BMW shop quoted me $275-315 but I ended up going with the dealer just cause the car was brand new and I was concerned after reading posts of folks DIY shock on the f10 who said they needed to go thru the rear speaker assemblies to get to the rear shock towers for removal and replacement without the full benefits of having a lift and associated BMW specific tools/machinery and knowledge. So $125 more roughly was okay for install to preserve any damage to my electronics as well as my car possibly! BTW ask your shop IF they are including a new alignment with that price..that might be why it is costing so much. You do NOT have to re-align the car after new shocks...most do and some do not as the car will settle a bit and so they defer it for a few months/miles to let that occur.

Car definitely looks better on shocks tho and rides alot better! Here's pics with my summer 20" set installed and my factory OEM 19" winter setup installed both post H&R. Good luck.
Attached Images

'10 BMW X5M (Black/Black) - gone not forgotten
'08 BMW M3 (Space Gray/Black) - gone not forgotten
Appreciate 0