2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10 F10 Technical Topics Engine, Transmission, Exhaust, Drivetrain, ECU Software Modifications All my dash warning lights are on

08-02-2020, 03:31 AM   #1
scottychadwick
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW F10 528i xdrive

All my dash warning lights are on

Almost all my dash warning lights are on. the drive train malfunction light is on The speedo is not working. I have no power steering and the car feels almost like the shocks don't work when you sit in it now. I tried to change out the #2 fuse like I have read on some forums and that fuse was blown but even after changing it nothing works. I think it has something to do with my comfort access. The driver door does not unlock by pulling the handle automatically. The 3 other doors do work. Do I have to do something to reset these warning lights or should I wait and hope it works in the AM? Any suggestions? Is it OK to drive it to a garage?
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      08-02-2020, 10:31 AM   #2
Dan944
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2012 BMW 535xi

Garage List
2012 BMW 535xi  [0.00]
I had this happen recently. It ended up being one of my comfort access door handles. It blew the fuse, which unfortunately is the same fuse for all those lights. Check your fuse diagram. Mine was a 5amp in the passenger fuse box. I unplugged all of my comfort access harnesses on the handles and replaced the fuse. After erasing all the codes, it did not happen again. I had to plug each one back one at a time to see which handle was giving me problems. Be sure to have extra fuses as it will blow again once the problematic handle is plugged in again. Since your driver door doesn't work, I would start there.

It's really easy to unplug the door handle. There is just one screw to access on the side of the door. Once you loosen that, the door handle will come off and you can unplug the harness. There are 2. The second one I believe is for the light on the handle.

Also, you can find a fuse puller in the fuse box in the trunk.
Appreciate 2
      08-02-2020, 02:11 PM   #3
beegeezy
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2013 535i M-Sport

A bad battery can make everything act up too.
Appreciate 1
      08-26-2020, 11:48 PM   #4
scottychadwick
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW F10 528i xdrive

So I removed the comfort access from all my handles and changed the fuse again and it worked. I was dumb and changed the fuse the first time without doing the comfort access and it just blew the fuse again but now everything is working great. I don't really care if I have comfort access so for now Ill just leave them off. Thank you for everyone who helped
Appreciate 1
      01-18-2022, 12:50 PM   #5
jahaa
Registered
Rep
Drives: 535xi Activehybrid 5

Bumping this old thread, I have this exact issue and will just unplug all my door handles. But can you please give me a clue which fuse it is? I've had to check the fuses behind the glovebox before and its a real hassle and might need to remove the glovebox from the car.

Thanks in advance.
Appreciate 0
      01-18-2022, 12:58 PM   #6
jahaa
Registered
Rep
Drives: 535xi Activehybrid 5

Just searched around abit more and it seems to be the F2 Fuse. Gonna check it tomorrow and see if it solves my problems
Appreciate 0
      02-29-2024, 09:53 AM   #7
livenlrg
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2014 BMW 535D X-drive

I just want to take a minute to thank everyone for this thread, I had the same problem occur to my BMW535D xdrive after I dropped it off at a body shop for some bumper work. When I got in to drive it home there It was, every light on the dash was on... I had some issues with the right side doors clicking off and on when I'd walk by with the fob.and your thread verified that the comfort Access F2 fuse was blown. I just put a new fuse in and everything's working fine did not blow again. But I still think I'm going to be disconnecting all of them soon..
Thanks again for everyone's input, I had just flown from Michigan to New York last week to buy this car and was really bummed out With this problem so soon
Appreciate 0