2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10 BMW 5-Series (F10) Forums General 5-Series Sedan and Wagon (F10 / F11) Forum No sound in 535i 2011 f10 base stereo

08-14-2020, 06:22 PM   #1
Sayitaintcal
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2011 535i F10

No sound in 535i 2011 f10 base stereo

Hi everyone . Its been a nightmare with this car . Audio has been out and ive neglected it for such a long time . Long story short , i had gotten subs and an amp a few years back , but since i never sat in the back, never knew that my rear speakers didnt work. So then when the subs went down , i noticed that only my front left door , center speaker worked. The right speaker would cut in and out sometimes . When i took the car in the audio shop this past weekend , i knew that the original installer did a shitty job because they used shitty rca adapters which i seen on youtube. So i went to get a lci7 audio control . After a day of rewiring the 5 channel amp and the monoblock along with lci, still.... No sound !!

Wasted money on the labor only to find out it still didnt work . The shop asked me to buy new speakers from them and labor to remove door panels and rear panels they wanted 400 bucks!

Yeahhh right !!!!

So today i went into a local audio shop and i seen on youtube , some folks used focal and bavsound. He ended up having a pair of bavsound speakers for my car so i said ill take them ! Plug and play!

Went home removed panels in the rear, connected speaker... Still no sound!!!

So i went to the front dash where the speaker was working , plugged it in . Sure enough speakers work .

What in the world could be the problem .. Please help me!
Appreciate 0
      08-14-2020, 06:51 PM   #2
Sayitaintcal
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2011 535i F10

Checked al of the fuses that labeled audio and amplifier . All of them are good *
Appreciate 0
      08-14-2020, 09:35 PM   #3
lsturbointeg
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 535i Jet Black

wondering if your OEM amp took a shit?
~F90Conversion~21"3Piece Forged AvantGardeWheels~KWV1Coilovers~CQUENCE slotted/drilled rotors~GoodridgeStainlesslines~MeisterschaftQuadEx haust~Akrapovic 4"tips~VRSF DP~VRSF CP~TurboSmart BOV~K&N filter~CarbonFiberExteriorComponents~GladenAlphaCo mponents~MatchUp7BMW~Punch P300-12T~
Follow me on Instagram: lsturbointeg
Appreciate 0