2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10 BMW 5-Series (F10) Forums F10 Pricing, Ordering, and Tracking (and European Delivery) M-Sport with Alcantara Headliner - Opinions?

06-09-2015, 08:07 PM   #1
TimeFor
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 i3S REx

Garage List
M-Sport with Alcantara Headliner - Opinions?

UPDATE: In MY2016 it seems that Sport Steering Wheel is now standard. This is different than the M-Sport one but at least its ticker than standard. Also sport auto transmission is no longer an option so I think it's also standard. This solves the problems. Going to try an custom code order the Alcantara.

Original Post....

I’d like some opinions and thoughts on best way to solve a dilemma.

I want M-Sport with Alcantara headliner but I'm not going to buy an M5 to get it. The Individual package doesn't allow M-Sport to be selected. I don't care about the bumpers or sporty suspension. I'm getting active drive anyway but the thicker steering wheel is a big deal for me.

The Individual Package doesn't allow sport transmission option

I'm going to lease so I don't want to buy the headliner and add it to an M-Sport car.

Questions
  1. Any way to special order Alcantara headliner as a standalone option without getting the full Individual Package? Other countries seem to allow this. What about US? I want to order M-Sport with Alcantara ideally.
  2. If I order a non-m sport car and buy a M-Sport steering wheel will the paddles work?
  3. Is it still possible to hack sport transmission software if you don't order it from the factory? What the issues with lease / going to the dealer after doing this?
Attached Images

Last edited by TimeFor; 08-06-2015 at 12:16 PM..
Appreciate 0
      06-09-2015, 08:20 PM   #2
SonicEndeavor
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2014 535i MSport

Talk to your SA about special ordering a factory installed headliner. If he can't/won't, then check with other Dealers. Special orders are common.
Coding SAT is very straightforward, it's just an option in the vehicle configuration so any coder can do it for you - no warranty issues since the physical transmission is the same with SAT or non-SAT.
If you need the paddles, then yes, a sport steering wheel with paddles can be added relatively easily (plenty of DIY's on the web if you want to do it yourself).
Again, I'd push your SA for an M-Sport with a special ordered headliner, or alternatively BMW Individual with the sport steering wheel.
Send me a PM if you're having trouble and I can recommend a couple of So Cal dealers.

Last edited by SonicEndeavor; 06-09-2015 at 08:28 PM..
Appreciate 0
      06-10-2015, 11:31 AM   #3
TimeFor
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by SonicEndeavor View Post
Talk to your SA about special ordering a factory installed headliner. If he can't/won't, then check with other Dealers. Special orders are common.
Coding SAT is very straightforward, it's just an option in the vehicle configuration so any coder can do it for you - no warranty issues since the physical transmission is the same with SAT or non-SAT.
If you need the paddles, then yes, a sport steering wheel with paddles can be added relatively easily (plenty of DIY's on the web if you want to do it yourself).
Again, I'd push your SA for an M-Sport with a special ordered headliner, or alternatively BMW Individual with the sport steering wheel.
Send me a PM if you're having trouble and I can recommend a couple of So Cal dealers.
So it is possible to code special options? Any idea how much it should cost? I'm guessing there isn't really a price list out there.
Appreciate 0
      06-10-2015, 12:12 PM   #4
SonicEndeavor
Lieutenant
Rep

You can code the car yourself using a laptop (need cable andBMW software which is easily obtainable) or you can have someone do it either locally or remotely for a couple hundred bucks or so, maybe less if there's a forum member who lives near you willing to help.
There's a group in L.A. At BMW coding groupdotcom (replace "dot" with a period) that should be able to help. Also check out the various coding forums - on this site as well as over at Bimmerfest.com.
Appreciate 0
      06-10-2015, 03:38 PM   #5
TimeFor
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by SonicEndeavor View Post
You can code the car yourself using a laptop (need cable andBMW software which is easily obtainable) or you can have someone do it either locally or remotely for a couple hundred bucks or so, maybe less if there's a forum member who lives near you willing to help.
There's a group in L.A. At BMW coding groupdotcom (replace "dot" with a period) that should be able to help. Also check out the various coding forums - on this site as well as over at Bimmerfest.com.
I meant more in the sense of coding an order for special options when you order the car. Like the option code 776 for Alcantara Headliner
Appreciate 0
      06-10-2015, 03:55 PM   #6
SonicEndeavor
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimeFor View Post
I meant more in the sense of coding an order for special options when you order the car. Like the option code 776 for Alcantara Headliner
Just ask your SA to add whatever option codes you want. He/she will contact BMW for approval and they'll say yes or no.
Guys have factory ordered entire suspensions that aren't supposed to be orderable and BMW approved and built the car, so a simple headliner should be a no-brainier.
Appreciate 0
      06-11-2015, 10:18 AM   #7
remmib
General
Norway
Rep
Drives: 2013 F10 520d M-Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimeFor View Post
So it is possible to code special options? Any idea how much it should cost? I'm guessing there isn't really a price list out there.
In Germany the black (anthracite) alcantara headliner is 1400 Euros if you don't have the regular anthracite headliner that's part of the m-sport package, then it 1020 Euros.

F10 520d M-Sport Alpine White | HRE P43SC 20x9+20x11 | Michelin PSS 255/35+295/30 | KW V3 Coilover | M5 Front Sway Bar + M550d Rear Sway Bar | 3DDesign Front Lip | BMW M Performance CF Spoiler | BMW M Performance Diffuser | BMW M Performance Black Grills | BMW M Performance Pedals |
Appreciate 0
      08-06-2015, 12:07 PM   #8
TimeFor
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Garage List
I ended up seeing this combination in person and have decided its a little too much brown. I'm going to order the black Alcantara headliner instead. I'm working with Greg Poland at Pacific BMW. Just waiting to hear back on the custom code order.

Also found out MY2016 comes with Sport Steering and / Sport Auto Transmission automatically. So that's cool. Don't need M-Sport after all.

This is what I'm going to try to order...
  • 165M - 2016 535d
  • 300 - Alpine White
  • ZAP5 - Amaro Brown Leather
  • XE5 - Dark Red Sycamore Wood Trim
  • ZDA - Driver Assistance Package
  • ZDB - Driver Assistance Plus
  • 5AT - ACC Stop & Go + Active Driving Assistant
  • ZDH - Dynamic Handling Package
  • ZPP - Premium Package
  • 494 - Heated Front Seats
  • 456 - Multi Contour Seats
  • 416 - Power Rear Sunshade + Side Shades
  • 2VH - Integral Active Steering
  • 5DP - Parking Assistant
  • Custom Code Order - 776 - Black Alcantara Headliner
  • Custom Code Order - 4NB - 4-zone automatic climate control
  • Custom Code Order - 4M5 - Leather Dashboard
Appreciate 0
      11-04-2015, 01:23 AM   #9
AP
Major General
Rep
Drives: G30 M550

i ordered my car with option 775 back in 2012 on a 530d msport in the uk. was 795 poinds i seem to recall. jusy one of many options that could be added.
Appreciate 0
      02-03-2016, 05:20 AM   #10
drw1926
Bimmer Mann
United_States
Rep
Drives: 1983 320i; 2006 R1200GS

Apologies to all for resurrecting an old thread, but my curiosity has the best of me...TimeFor what was the end result of this? I'm in the exact same boat you were (I want to special order the Alcantara headliner for a 2016 535d M Sport). Did it all work out in the end?
Appreciate 0
      02-08-2016, 06:01 PM   #11
TimeFor
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by drw1926 View Post
Apologies to all for resurrecting an old thread, but my curiosity has the best of me...TimeFor what was the end result of this? I'm in the exact same boat you were (I want to special order the Alcantara headliner for a 2016 535d M Sport). Did it all work out in the end?
Placed an order for the 535d. BMW was allowing me to special order the 4 Zone climate control, full leather dash, but said no to the black Alcantara headliner. I complained, apparently it got kicked up to the regional office for review and they still said no. I replied it would be a deal breaker for me if I couldn't get the car with the Alcantara headliner. I noted the dealer had an individual order F10 with Alcantara headliner on their own lot at the time and yet the awnser was still no.

I walked away.
Appreciate 1
      02-11-2016, 08:53 AM   #12
drw1926
Bimmer Mann
United_States
Rep
Drives: 1983 320i; 2006 R1200GS

Unreal...I'm considering ordering through Greg as well. I would think that if there was a way it could be done, he would be the guy to find it. Sorry it didn't work out.
Appreciate 0