2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10 F10 Technical Topics Navigation, iDrive, Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Phone, Coding BMW F11 2012 NBT iDrive HDD problem after system update.

05-08-2019, 03:21 PM   #1
rflight
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW F11

BMW F11 2012 NBT iDrive HDD problem after system update.

Hi, looking for help with my BMW F11 2012. I did the software update from bmw.com with VIN number and everything went ok. Inserted the usb (Fat 32) with the file (UPD05081.bin) to a armrest USB and chose update from iDrive. It went all the way to 100%. waited until the display went black like the iDrive advised. After that the iDrive did not boot up anymore. it was displaying the BMW logo and after that NO SIGNAL and constantly restarting. What seemed like being not able to boot up correctly.

After that went to a BMW guy (private guy with all the diagnostics) who told me he could fix this by updating the whole system. He managed to update everything except the iDrive(head unit) and the speedometer. He removed the Hard Drive and the and the iDrive is working without the Navi and Multimedia . He was trying to insert the HDD after the system was running again and the Navi was working until he turned the car off and back on. After that iDrive requested FSC codes which he did not have and decided to enter a random code which did not work.

Would love to being able to put the HDD back in the car and and get the Navi and Multimedia working again. Any ideas what could have caused the problem? And how to obtain all the FSC codes without the BMW Service. Who would more than likely to advise me to buy a new iDrive or slaughter me with their preposterous bills.

Software before the update:

Software update
Telephone: TN-001.022.002
Media: MN-001.022.002

Version: (maps)
BMW Group
Road Map EUROPE Next 2013
NBT_C12341l

Here are the errors what seem to cause the problem. Hope the HDD itself is alright and dont need replacing. Eventually would like to get it to work and update maps also to 2019 NEXT. Already have the maps downloaded. Also FSC generator but only for the maps and as I understand it might not work without the file and just by VIN and date.

The following enabling codes required for running the action plan in its entirety are missing.

Enable code for *'NAV professional application software (ECE/US)':
-Application number = 0x00A0, upgrade index = 0x0001
Enable code for *'Voice input':
-Application number = 0x009E, upgrade index = 0x0001
Enable code for *'Navigation system Professional':
-Application number = 0x00DE, upgrade index = 0x0001
Enable code for *'Voice input with read-out function':
-Application number = 0x009F, upgrade index = 0x0001
Enable code for *'BMW Apps':
-Application number = 0x009C, upgrade index = 0x0001

Thanks for anyone who's willing to help or share their experience!
Appreciate 0