2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10 F10 Technical Topics Navigation, iDrive, Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Phone, Coding Bimmer Tech Back up can install...heat ac not working?

03-01-2019, 07:41 AM   #1
Stlpv07
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW 528 ix (f10)

Bimmer Tech Back up can install...heat ac not working?

Hello!

I installed my bimmer tech back up camera yesterday which took a good 4 hours to do. Install went fairly well and the camera works great!

This morning I noticed my climate control heat/ac/defrost stopped working. All the buttons on the head unit work appropriately but no air is coming out through the vents.

Did anyone have similar issues when installing anything to their head unit? Or does anyone know where the fuse for the climate control and blower are?

I was going to check fuses and then remove the head unit to make sure all my connections are good this afternoon with hopes to remedy the problem!
Appreciate 0
      03-03-2019, 02:52 PM   #2
Stlpv07
Registered
Rep

Update:

I tried taking everything apart again and making sure there were no loose connections and there weren’t.

After putting everything back together again the from climate control unit stopped lighting up and the blower was on auto high. I eventually got the climate control to turn again but still no air was blowing. I am guessing I shorted something out in the head unit climate control part.

Ended bringing it to the dealership where I hope to find out tomorrow what went wrong.

I guess lesson learned..should have paid someone to install instead of trying it myself!
Appreciate 0
      03-03-2019, 05:02 PM   #3
ezaircon4jc
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 540i M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stlpv07 View Post
Update:

I tried taking everything apart again and making sure there were no loose connections and there weren’t.

After putting everything back together again the from climate control unit stopped lighting up and the blower was on auto high. I eventually got the climate control to turn again but still no air was blowing. I am guessing I shorted something out in the head unit climate control part.

Ended bringing it to the dealership where I hope to find out tomorrow what went wrong.

I guess lesson learned..should have paid someone to install instead of trying it myself!
I would think a fuse would blow before anything got shorted-out...
Appreciate 0
      03-03-2019, 05:11 PM   #4
Stlpv07
Registered
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ezaircon4jc View Post
I would think a fuse would blow before anything got shorted-out...
Yea you are probably right. I checked the fuses and couldn’t find any blown.

The climate control part wouldn’t have turned back on if a fuse was blown too. So who knows?

I should have recorded the wife’s response to all this...the forum I am sure would have gotten a kick out of that....
Appreciate 0
      10-23-2020, 09:40 AM   #5
Jayhawker32
Rep
Drives: BMW 535d F10

So reviving a dead thread, did you figure out the issue? I installed Bimmer Techs carplay mmi yesterday and my climate control panel isn't working now.
Appreciate 0
      10-26-2020, 06:52 PM   #6
ghostrider1969
Rep
Drives: F10 530dx

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayhawker32 View Post
So reviving a dead thread, did you figure out the issue? I installed Bimmer Techs carplay mmi yesterday and my climate control panel isn't working now.
I installed the same MMI (CIC) on my f10 and I have the same problem: idrive is dead as the climate control. The screen works, but I can only see the navigation map w/o the possibility to interact with board computer ...
Has someone any ideas? Tx
Appreciate 0
      12-12-2020, 06:38 PM   #7
jerry-l
Rep
Drives: '14 535D, '11 GTI

Ended up with the same problem, did anyone figure it out?
Appreciate 0
      12-18-2020, 03:00 PM   #8
Surge21
Rep
Drives: 2014 BMW M6 GC

Hey guys did anyone figure this out? I have the panel turning on but no A/C is blowing. I’d rather not take it to the dealership with the MMI installed. Any help would be great!
Appreciate 0
      12-21-2020, 07:36 PM   #9
OnlyGerman
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: F15, F13, F10, E60

Have you reached out to bimmertech? Seems to be a common issue....they should be aware of this
Appreciate 0
      01-19-2021, 07:32 AM   #10
WolfRacer
Rep
Drives: 2017 X5M, 2013 535ix

Have same problem after installing car play (taking screen and climate controls out). Heater blower will not blow air.

Did anyone figure out what their problem is? Seems like many of us have similar problem.

I suspect the heater blower motor or the speed resistor went bad. I check all the fuses I could but did not find any blown. But hard to find info on which fuse is the right one.
Appreciate 0
      01-20-2021, 10:32 PM   #11
GrabacrOne
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: F10 535i

I had the same issue when installing my MMI unit. Initially, I had a loose connection in the climate panel which went away after properly reseating the blue connector. But I still had some errors in IHKA at which point I took it apart and redid the connection following what is explained in this thread:

https://f10.m5post.com/forums/showth...7#post27017547

It seems to be a common issue that seems to become a problem when this connection is removed/reseated multiple times because I never had this problem the first time I took apart the climate panel.
Become a BMW CCA member! Click HERE to join and feel free to use my BMW CCA member #578262 as a referral.

F10 535i M-Sport | Gone but not forgotten: G01 X3 xDrive30i M-Sport; F15 X5 xDrive35i; E70 X5 4.8i
Appreciate 0
      11-26-2022, 02:09 PM   #12
miltw3
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW F07 M-Sport

Just spent a frustrating day dealing with this issue! After cleaning the contact with the magic electrical spray and snapping the connector with the latch all the way down in the back, the crazy problems with my climate control is solved.

All started with the install of my new 12.3 inch screen to get CarPlay! SMH!
Appreciate 0
      05-31-2023, 05:16 PM   #13
Tmae
Rep
Drives: BMW F31

Hi guys, having a similar issue with my F31.
I installed the MMI, AC is not blowing cold air.

Actually not sure if it‘s related to the MMI install, because first warmer days just started in Germany, I might not noticed before.

So AC is blowing medium cold air on driver side, on passanger side not cool at all.
Aditionally i removed the MMI and plugged everything again nice and tight —> still same issue.

What you guys think? Related to MMI install?

Regards,
Tmae
Appreciate 0