2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10 F10 Technical Topics Engine, Transmission, Exhaust, Drivetrain, ECU Software Modifications 2013 Bmw 528 xdrive Vacuum Pump and engine cover

01-26-2022, 01:46 PM   #1
Drcook313
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2013 BMW 528 xdrive

2013 Bmw 528 xdrive Vacuum Pump and engine cover

So the dealer did the timing chain and oil pump chain, several miles later I noticed a leak from the rear of the valve cover which was sending smoke into the cabin. Took it in and wanted an inspection to see if the cover was cracked by the tech during the repair, “there’s no way that happened this part fails commonly and we didn’t tell you about it because it wasn’t broken(100,000 miles on the car)
And they say I have a drive train malfunction and i need a new valvetronic servo motor and eccentric shaft.So I call Corp they tell me to get a second Inspection at another dealer. The second dealer said they would have just replaced the valve cover free labor if I bought the part. But they noticed that the engine cover was full of oil and both vacuum hoses were disconnected and one was broken completely from the cover.they said i need a new cover and vacuum pump before the other repairs to diagnose the DTM.So I take it back to the first dealer and they looked lost like they couldn’t believe this happened. I proceeded to EXPLAIN what was going on to the service manager. They are replacing the cover but the service manager doesn’t know if having the hoses disconnected caused the pump to fail and also fill with oil. So I just want to confirm that with the hose(s) disconnected from the cover this would cause the pump to fill with oil . First BMW coming from they SBC World.
Appreciate 0