2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10 BMW 5-Series (F10) Forums General 5-Series Sedan and Wagon (F10 / F11) Forum Xdelete

09-16-2019, 08:57 PM   #1
WinstonE92xi
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 535i Xdrive

Xdelete

For owners with xdrive, has anybody tried out xdelete yet? Any feedback? It seems like an awesome feature to get but I am not sure yet if I should get it.

https://www.xdelete.app/xdelete_manual.pdf
Appreciate 0
      09-17-2019, 08:08 AM   #2
Fynn
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 11' 550ix

I've had this idea in my head for awhile... I read older models doing it.
      09-17-2019, 10:25 AM   #3
WinstonE92xi
Private
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fynn View Post
I've had this idea in my head for awhile... I read older models doing it.
Ive read in their page that F10s and all F series are now available. Im just waiting for some feedback first before I dive in.
Appreciate 0
      09-17-2019, 01:26 PM   #4
BurrNinja
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2017 540i Bluestone Metallic

Garage List
I assume the transfer case gets disabled with this? Would be nice to just turn it on during winter months.
      09-17-2019, 05:02 PM   #5
WinstonE92xi
Private
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by BurrNinja View Post
I assume the transfer case gets disabled with this? Would be nice to just turn it on during winter months.
Correct. As long as there are no issues happen with the car, seems like a great idea. I would love some feedback from an F10 owner with this.
Appreciate 0
      09-17-2019, 05:57 PM   #6
Surly73
Lieutenant Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: '11 535xi 8AT KWv3 MPE MHD xHP

I've been waiting for it to become available for the F10. Now that it is, I may give it a try. xHP is pretty great.

From the looks of it, versions released over the summer are far more than transfer case on/off. They have sport, winter, and several other modes remapping when power goes to the front and how much. Depending on the number of maps available in the transfer case ECU there could be a lot of fun stuff to be done here.

NUTS: seems to support MY>2012 only right now. That leaves me out (for now).
Appreciate 0
      09-17-2019, 06:27 PM   #7
BrandBMW
Private
Rep
Drives: 2011 535ix M-sport

Garage List
2011 535ix Msport  [0.00]
1992 850i  [0.00]
Would work well for us who have snow seasons, but don't need full-time snow traction. I see it paying for itself in fuel and less wear & tear on the transfer case, front axles, and transmission....well less wear on the transmission if you don't flog it with burnouts
Appreciate 1
BurrNinja427.50
      09-17-2019, 06:42 PM   #8
BurrNinja
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2017 540i Bluestone Metallic

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by WinstonE92xi View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by BurrNinja View Post
Correct. As long as there are no issues happen with the car, seems like a great idea. I would love some feedback from an F10 owner with this.
When I order a new bluetooth adapter I will give this a test. Thats if it works for my 08/11 build.
      09-17-2019, 07:04 PM   #9
mediocrechris
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 535i xDrive

Following this thread. Need someone (other than me) to be the guinea pig, please
Appreciate 0
      09-17-2019, 10:23 PM   #10
rkstar9
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: '10 X5 3.5D

Awesome! someone be the hero you where born to be and try this.
      09-25-2019, 12:06 PM   #11
labenzm5
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: E39 m5

Quote:
Originally Posted by rkstar9 View Post
Awesome! someone be the hero you where born to be and try this.
Anyone try it yet?
Appreciate 0
      09-25-2019, 07:49 PM   #12
anthonygan
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW 535i XDrive

Hey! I have this flashed on my car, it’s great! I love it feels great and very easy to flash back to stock!i even have my transmission tuned and there’s no problems.
Appreciate 0
      09-26-2019, 04:50 PM   #13
labenzm5
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by anthonygan View Post
Hey! I have this flashed on my car, it's great! I love it feels great and very easy to flash back to stock!i even have my transmission tuned and there's no problems.
Quote:
Originally Posted by anthonygan View Post
Hey! I have this flashed on my car, it's great! I love it feels great and very easy to flash back to stock!i even have my transmission tuned and there's no problems.
Can you describe (not is crazy detail) the difference? They say you get more power to the rear wheels and handling can be better..

What do you think?

Can you break the tires from a roll of you mash on it?
Appreciate 0
      09-26-2019, 08:04 PM   #14
hlothery
Seeking mental floss
Rep
Drives: 2022 Mercedes EQS 450+

Why in the world anyone would want to do this is beyond my comprehension. I spent most of my time, when I owned my M4, trying to prevent excessive wheelspin when accelerating from corners, passing cars on the highway, etc. It would break the wheels loose in 4th gear at any time. I just drove the M4 at COTA, and felt the same thing. OTOH, my M550i hooks up immediately, rocketing away from red lights, and out of corners in the Hill Country. And the M5 I drove at COTA after I drove the M4 was head and shoulders above in speed, cornering ability and ease of driving. All because there was no wheelspin, just massive acceleration. I'll keep my Xdrive, thank you. YMMV
Appreciate 0
      09-26-2019, 09:14 PM   #15
WinstonE92xi
Private
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by hlothery View Post
Why in the world anyone would want to do this is beyond my comprehension. I spent most of my time, when I owned my M4, trying to prevent excessive wheelspin when accelerating from corners, passing cars on the highway, etc. It would break the wheels loose in 4th gear at any time. I just drove the M4 at COTA, and felt the same thing. OTOH, my M550i hooks up immediately, rocketing away from red lights, and out of corners in the Hill Country. And the M5 I drove at COTA after I drove the M4 was head and shoulders above in speed, cornering ability and ease of driving. All because there was no wheelspin, just massive acceleration. I'll keep my Xdrive, thank you. YMMV
Just having the option of having the best of both worlds is the main idea of doing this.
Appreciate 0
      09-27-2019, 06:31 AM   #16
labenzm5
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by WinstonE92xi View Post
Quote:
Just having the option of having the best of both worlds is the main idea of doing this.
I agree, I'm not out doing burnouts from light to light in my e39 m5, I will break the tires loose on a roll while getting on the highway.

I am just trying to get a sense of what kind of power these cars have. This is my first awd car and yes, traction is very important to me when there is rain and snow and well as when I need to rocket off to beat the car next to me on a merge.

So far I have MHD and XHP along with an BMS intake and MPE. So far the car feels and sounds great. I am excited for the additional x delete maps with the snow and sport settings they have for the other models.
Appreciate 0
      09-27-2019, 06:54 AM   #17
Surly73
Lieutenant Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: '11 535xi 8AT KWv3 MPE MHD xHP

Quote:
I don't like the way my F10 X-Drive "feels" compared to every other RWD German car I've driven. I DO like the way my F10 X-Drive can rocket around in the snow and wet without worrying about traction for accleration. (I also have a friend with an F10 M5 whose chief complaint is traction, so I get it)

The downside of "feel" includes 1/ "dead" steering (but people have accused the F10 M5 of that too); 2/ really strange come-and-go understeer when accelerating, at all - even nowhere near the limit, seems to be a component 3/ torque steer (probably ties into #2). They all add up to my F10 X-Drive not feeling like it wants to be pushed. Yes, it's big and heavy, but so was my E39 and it loved to be pushed when I felt like it. I already have Michelin PS4S, so rubber isn't the problem. I've already tried to balance the handling with sway bar combinations and those are as good as they're going to get too.

I would like the software option of turning off X-Drive for the summer. Even better would be the more advanced X-Delete options: "Sport" mode (likely designed to emulate the F90 M5). I'd be even happier if XDelete offered a mode where X-Drive was on until you set DTC, then it was RWD only.

I know it's not a sports car, but I only have one car, and every previous German car, even in the same size/weight class, has been more fun. For the cost, XDelete would be worth a try. Unfortunately it doesn't cover my build date (yet).

I also have MHD stage 1 and xHP, which have improved the driving experience engagement level quite a bit.

Last edited by Surly73; 09-27-2019 at 07:06 AM..
Appreciate 0
      09-27-2019, 11:34 AM   #18
Snakle535i
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: BMW F11 535i MSport

Garage List
Here in Europe we only get the 535i in RWD, The Xdrive is not full time 4wd like an Audi Quattro. The front drive shafts are driven by a seperate electronic transfer box, Pity BMW didn't give a button or option on Idrive to disable when not required. on the newer Gseries the Xdrive is mechanical.
Appreciate 0
      09-27-2019, 12:58 PM   #19
dcbullets
Rep
Drives: 2015 535i

My first 535 had Xdrive and I hated it. steering felt artificial and weird. My new 535 is RWD and it makes a huge difference. I also never have any issues in rain or light snow. Not sure why so many 535s in the US have Xdrive. it ruins the feel of the car. Now there is Xdelete to get around that. RWD all the way!
Appreciate 0
      09-28-2019, 06:49 AM   #20
BrandBMW
Private
Rep
Drives: 2011 535ix M-sport

Garage List
2011 535ix Msport  [0.00]
1992 850i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snakle535i View Post
Here in Europe we only get the 535i in RWD, The Xdrive is not full time 4wd like an Audi Quattro. The front drive shafts are driven by a seperate electronic transfer box, Pity BMW didn't give a button or option on Idrive to disable when not required. on the newer Gseries the Xdrive is mechanical.
That is actually wrong. xDrive in the F10 is mechanical, the engagement of torque split is electronically controlled. AWD is full-time. In contrast, some Quattro vehicles have a Haldex or an Active On Demand coupling that engages only when there is slip detected. I drove in both styles in blizzard conditions and the xDrive drove better with a more consistent feel rather than a reactive feel to slip in Haldex equipped Quattro. Some other Quattro equipped vehicles use a clutch type center differential, similar to how xDrive uses clutches, for the purpose to vary power split based on driving conditions.

Having an option to disengage the front wheels for summer road trips and long drives in good weather, that is a great option for better mpg and less wear. I would add the same benefits plus the overall feel during daily driving.

The other options of the xDelete are great and I hope it trickles to the F10. That is the option to select the torque split for xDrive. Sport mode AWD with increased rear torque can help reduce understeer and still have power going to the front wheels for overall grip when accelerating out of a turn. Then there is the custom torque split you can set. Set a 50:50 torque split for that 4WD feeling in snow. These options can fit anyone and hope their development will add these features for us.

Now, who remembers the Selec-Trac in Jeep vehicles. It was a mechanical transfer case with a lever to shift into 2wd, Full-time 4wd (with increased front to rear variability for turning), and Part-time 4wd with less variability front to rear. That was a great transfer case, lol.
'11 535ix M-Sport - FMIC, CP, BM3 engine & trans, CQuartz Finest Ceramic, Poly tension bushings, Dynamic, Active Roll, Flappy paddles, HUD, Premium(s), Cold, Convenience, 5-cameras, 4-zones, Driver's Assist, Auto high, Hex trim
'92 850i, '08 XC90 3.2
Past: '93 525i w/ S38B36 M5 engine/trans swap, '99 540i/6sp Sport, etc.
Appreciate 0
      09-28-2019, 02:41 PM   #21
Fynn
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 11' 550ix

not available for my 2011 f10 550