2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10 F10 Technical Topics Engine, Transmission, Exhaust, Drivetrain, ECU Software Modifications Review of Turbo Transformer, Car is STG3

05-05-2022, 02:56 PM   #1
rallyrafa
Brazil
Rep
Drives: 535i gt 2011

Review of Turbo Transformer, Car is STG3

Review of the Turbo Transformer.
First of all, I would like to say my impressions about the product:

As you can see it is as described, it even has this labels for dumb prof.

They sell for audi/VW, FORD, Hyundai/kia, Dodge/fiat/jeep, Infiniti, Volvo, Mini and Mercedes…
My case is a BMW 2011 535i GT, equipped with Full bolt-on and hybrid turbos.
I had it installed as soon as it arrived, since i’m “OEM” heavy modified, and have a custom tune for my car, I just wanted something that would still use 100% the stock ECU from the car, something I want to just control the boost and yet have the ability to stay within the Stock ECU parameters, since i already have a custom tune.
I had placed the TT on this location:

First, I am using an n20 TMAP

My car is using a Custom MAP provided by my tuner installed with MHD, that already has the option to choose your TMAP upgrade.
Since I only need the chargepipe tmap, I struggled to make it work with my car, later I send a message to the company and they actually come in contact with me pretty fast, I was impressed really, since my previous experience from other piggyback was disastrous to say the least…
So, I need to use the manifold hijack from the Turbo transformer, not the chargepipe one, since I was only using one sensor…
Fixed, I tried messing around with the app:

Since my car has some peculiarities the company was able to help me, it even send me a custom firmware to upgrade the one that came with the turbo transformer, and gave the instructions to do so.
I’m using a base psi of 6 and just adding a delta of +3 psi with slope of 0.50, my car is tuned with target of 14 psi, so this throw me at 19 psi, a sweet range that I wanted, and I know if I want to, I can go with a delta of +4 psi.

This is an awesome product for the ones that have a custom tune and you folks that don’t have it.
It uses all the safe parameters of the stock ECU and only aims to modify the sensors, that’s because I choose the turbo transformer, the ability to retain the ECU harsh parameters control of the wastegate and retain its safe parameters… Something I appreciate, since it won’t hijack the wastegate sensor and cause some trouble…
To finish, it’s cheap, it’s great, it does have a nice phone app that you can control and you can achieve custom tune of your boost, something I wanted…
It’s a nice product with the best cost x benefit on the market right now…
That will not charge you for the app, the bluetooth and the product…
x-PH does sell it and I bought mine from there.

[CAN SOMEONE QUOTE TO SEE PICKS?]
Appreciate 0
      05-05-2022, 09:14 PM   #2
BimmerHausPerformance
Major
Rep
Drives: 2011 535i 6MT

Garage List
2011 BMW 535i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by rallyrafa View Post
Review of the Turbo Transformer.
First of all, I would like to say my impressions about the product:

As you can see it is as described, it even has this labels for dumb prof.

They sell for audi/VW, FORD, Hyundai/kia, Dodge/fiat/jeep, Infiniti, Volvo, Mini and Mercedes…
My case is a BMW 2011 535i GT, equipped with Full bolt-on and hybrid turbos.
I had it installed as soon as it arrived, since i’m “OEM” heavy modified, and have a custom tune for my car, I just wanted something that would still use 100% the stock ECU from the car, something I want to just control the boost and yet have the ability to stay within the Stock ECU parameters, since i already have a custom tune.
I had placed the TT on this location:

First, I am using an n20 TMAP

My car is using a Custom MAP provided by my tuner installed with MHD, that already has the option to choose your TMAP upgrade.
Since I only need the chargepipe tmap, I struggled to make it work with my car, later I send a message to the company and they actually come in contact with me pretty fast, I was impressed really, since my previous experience from other piggyback was disastrous to say the least…
So, I need to use the manifold hijack from the Turbo transformer, not the chargepipe one, since I was only using one sensor…
Fixed, I tried messing around with the app:

Since my car has some peculiarities the company was able to help me, it even send me a custom firmware to upgrade the one that came with the turbo transformer, and gave the instructions to do so.
I’m using a base psi of 6 and just adding a delta of +3 psi with slope of 0.50, my car is tuned with target of 14 psi, so this throw me at 19 psi, a sweet range that I wanted, and I know if I want to, I can go with a delta of +4 psi.

This is an awesome product for the ones that have a custom tune and you folks that don’t have it.
It uses all the safe parameters of the stock ECU and only aims to modify the sensors, that’s because I choose the turbo transformer, the ability to retain the ECU harsh parameters control of the wastegate and retain its safe parameters… Something I appreciate, since it won’t hijack the wastegate sensor and cause some trouble…
To finish, it’s cheap, it’s great, it does have a nice phone app that you can control and you can achieve custom tune of your boost, something I wanted…
It’s a nice product with the best cost x benefit on the market right now…
That will not charge you for the app, the bluetooth and the product…
x-PH does sell it and I bought mine from there.

[CAN SOMEONE QUOTE TO SEE PICKS?]
I can't see any pictures

2011 F10 S55 6MT
Website Insta @bimmerhausperformance YouTube
Appreciate 0
      05-06-2022, 09:12 AM   #3
mike@x-ph.com
Joint Chiefs of Staff
United_States
Rep
Drives: 07-335/12-328/18-M4/21-M4CP

Thank you for the review