2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10 BMW 5-Series (F10) Forums General 5-Series Sedan and Wagon (F10 / F11) Forum Manual transmission thread

03-02-2016, 12:33 PM   #23
peter91118
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: '01 325xit, '09 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keyser Soze View Post
Last month, I took mine into the dealer for its yearly oil change and when I picked it up the car fetcher boy had to come get me, he had no idea how to drive a stick.
At least he didn't try to drive your car over...
Appreciate 0
      03-02-2016, 10:13 PM   #24
Bmw doubles
Dream crusher
United_States
Rep
Drives: Fast

Garage List
2011 535  [0.00]
Reppin 310
Attached Images

535i MIssion Performance, PS2, Helix HPFP Kit, Wagner FMIC, Spec 3 clutch, Steel SMF, Wolf Racing CP, UUC SSK, GFB dv, SprintBooster, Custom Dynomax Exhaust, M5 Sways, Eibach OE Springs, Koni Sports Adjustable, Custom Short Ram CAI

IG: @bmwdoubles
Appreciate 0
      03-04-2016, 09:37 AM   #25
///Msport
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 550i M-Sport

Cool

Love my 6 speed ... Don't know why the picture is so huge lol
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      03-05-2016, 10:41 AM   #26
535iMT6F10
Registered
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 535i F10 6 spd MT

Just recently joined the forum, and it's my first post here. I do, too, own a 2011 535i 6MT. Unfortunately no MSport package, but it's the only one I could find in the 300 mile radius. I was lucky enough, however, that even though she had a touch over 53,000 mi on her, she is in mint condition and the dealer found her worthy enough to CPO.

I love every time I get behind the wheel, just a joy to drive. I live in Michigan, but go to Chicago quite frequently for work, and every time I do, I tell the Mrs "I'm taking my Mistress to Chicago for a few days, don't wait up..." she just laughs.

I just picked up an SSK kit from UUC Motorwerks and can't wait to install it, just waitng to hear back from the manufacturer if they have a matching double shear selector rod (DSSR) as I can't seem to find it on their site specifically for a non-M5 F10

http://store.uucmotorwerks.com/ultim...eed-p1448.aspx

Does anyone have any experience with it? Just curious to hear your thoughts on it.

@ Bmw doubles - mine looks a lot like yours, especially the interior (all black even the wood trim), though it appears you have a custom front bumper, is that a 550 bumper? Can't tell for sure since it's a profile view pic.

Last edited by 535iMT6F10; 03-05-2016 at 11:05 AM..
Appreciate 0
      03-05-2016, 12:47 PM   #27
Bmw doubles
Dream crusher
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2011 535  [0.00]
535iMT6F10 welcome to the F10 squad I mean boards. I'm excited you got the SSK I've been very interested in it, but heard fitment was a bit of a challenge. I can't wait to hear your review on that. Be sure to tag me when you put them that review up.

Since you don't have DHP like me you're gonna wanna upgrade your suspension. So far I got the Eibach sport springs and its increased quicker rebound by 50 percent over stock, even with my blown shock. Koni yellows adjustable are next.

The front and rear bumper I have is OE M Sport with M Sport diffuser. Again Welcome and congrats on your new ride.
535i MIssion Performance, PS2, Helix HPFP Kit, Wagner FMIC, Spec 3 clutch, Steel SMF, Wolf Racing CP, UUC SSK, GFB dv, SprintBooster, Custom Dynomax Exhaust, M5 Sways, Eibach OE Springs, Koni Sports Adjustable, Custom Short Ram CAI

Appreciate 0
      03-06-2016, 09:57 PM   #28
DLerner
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: F10 535, X164 GL550

Quote:
Originally Posted by YodaSyrup
After 4 years, I still love my '11 535 with 6MT and hope she lasts a long time.
Here's a shot of my 2011 535 with the M Performance shifter.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      03-06-2016, 10:03 PM   #29
Bmw doubles
Dream crusher
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2011 535  [0.00]
Quote:
Quote:
Nice, is it weighted?

Appreciate 0
      03-08-2016, 09:56 PM   #30
535iMT6F10
Registered
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 535i F10 6 spd MT

Thanks Bmw doubles.

I never got to test drive a 5er with DHP, none of the dealers around here had one on the lot... though my colleague drove a '12 550i and spoke volumes of it, but he recently traded it in for a brand new X5 M (what a beats of a vehicle that is).

How long have you had those springs in, and was the shock already blown when you installed them? I've heard some folks being concerned of a mismatch with OE dampers and shortening their life due to springs dropping the car a bit, hence why you are probably looking at KONI yellows.

Where I live the roads are not in the best of shape so definitely a factor for me when i'm ready to upgrade the suspension. I'm going to wait for CPO to expire before moving on to other mods beyond SSK. Speaking of which, was it this particular one I got (UUC) that has some fitment challenges, or another brand? I will definitely let you know my take on it once it's in.

Last edited by 535iMT6F10; 03-08-2016 at 10:34 PM..
Appreciate 0
      03-09-2016, 01:54 AM   #31
Bmw doubles
Dream crusher
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2011 535  [0.00]
The springs have been in for a little over a month now. The left strut was already blown when we put in the spring. I didn't realize that until I pulled it out. Koni adjustable queued up for delivery some time next week. Putting lowering springs on your OE dampers will defiantly cut the life span down by more than half, but that applies to any brand of car.

As far as I know that is the only brand available to us and yes I've heard it was a difficult fit, but still doable. Again, it's what I have heard not a fact.

Appreciate 0
      03-09-2016, 08:28 PM   #32
DLerner
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: F10 535, X164 GL550

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bmw doubles
Quote:
Quote:
Nice, is it weighted?
It feels heavier and shorter than the stock shifter - so yes. When I stay stock, I mean base 6 speed shifter, not M Sport 6 speed shifter.
Appreciate 0
      03-10-2016, 02:00 AM   #33
Bmw doubles
Dream crusher
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2011 535  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by 535iMT6F10
Just recently joined the forum, and it's my first post here. I do, too, own a 2011 535i 6MT. Unfortunately no MSport package, but it's the only one I could find in the 300 mile radius. I was lucky enough, however, that even though she had a touch over 53,000 mi on her, she is in mint condition and the dealer found her worthy enough to CPO.

I love every time I get behind the wheel, just a joy to drive. I live in Michigan, but go to Chicago quite frequently for work, and every time I do, I tell the Mrs "I'm taking my Mistress to Chicago for a few days, don't wait up..." she just laughs.

I just picked up an SSK kit from UUC Motorwerks and can't wait to install it, just waitng to hear back from the manufacturer if they have a matching double shear selector rod (DSSR) as I can't seem to find it on their site specifically for a non-M5 F10

http://store.uucmotorwerks.com/ultim...eed-p1448.aspx

Does anyone have any experience with it? Just curious to hear your thoughts on it.

@ Bmw doubles - mine looks a lot like yours, especially the interior (all black even the wood trim), though it appears you have a custom front bumper, is that a 550 bumper? Can't tell for sure since it's a profile view pic.
Check this thread
Installed the UUC Evo3 SSK http://www.2addicts.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1206262

Appreciate 0
      03-11-2016, 01:07 PM   #34
bmw//msport
United_States
Rep
Drives: '13 BMW 535//Msport

Picked up a '13 F10 535i MSport 6speed with CPO for a steal. Knew it was rare, had to have it! But, I need help.. I am a manual freak, but the delay in throttle response and clutch is killing me in SoCal. I just purchased the JB4, and charge pipe. Looking for the ER Downpipe and exhaust as we speak.. I thought with these upgrades I'll get the response I want... Am I correct with this assumption?
Appreciate 0
      03-11-2016, 01:24 PM   #35
PJinCA
USAF Pararescue Veteran
United_States
Rep
Drives: F10 535

I love 3 pedal cars, and I am glad that BMW still makes them. However, they are extremely hard to find in the US (and non-existent in Europe, IIRC). Definitely, if you are in the market for a 5 series and find one with a manual, snap it up!!!! LMAO, if for no other reason than it's an anti theft device nowadays, most younger people have no clue how to drive a manual car
Appreciate 1
      03-11-2016, 03:00 PM   #36
Bmw doubles
Dream crusher
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2011 535  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmw//msport
Picked up a '13 F10 535i MSport 6speed with CPO for a steal. Knew it was rare, had to have it! But, I need help.. I am a manual freak, but the delay in throttle response and clutch is killing me in SoCal. I just purchased the JB4, and charge pipe. Looking for the ER Downpipe and exhaust as we speak.. I thought with these upgrades I'll get the response I want... Am I correct with this assumption?
If you want to fix throttle and clutch, a tune and CP will be of no assistance. Clutch feel is improved by modding or deleting your clutch delay valve or CDV as it's known. If you're under warranty then do CDV mod. If you're out then do delete. You can PM me for more info if you're in Socal and I'll tell you more.

Throttle delay, jeez, where do I start. I had tunes where they flashed the throttle maps and zero results, OEM DP which is blamed for throttle delay is maybe 5% at best in terms of throttle delay improvement. Add more horses just adds more horses and torque the same. Since everything is electric including the throttle plate it's all about signals from the throttle position sensor to the DME and finally the throttle plate. Hardware is the best results I've EVER had. If you remap the table your intercepting the signal too early. You have to start from the pedal hardware.

The Sprint Booster is no joke. I have a very good BMW mechanic that only deals with forum people and the real BMW community and he laughed at me when I told him I was going to get a Sprint Booster. I let him try it out just the other day and he's a believer now. This coming from a fully modded 400+Whp e93 335 6MT driver.

See here:
http://f10.5post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1214567

Appreciate 0
      03-11-2016, 03:37 PM   #37
PJinCA
USAF Pararescue Veteran
United_States
Rep
Drives: F10 535

As an example of the rarity of the manual trans: When I was looking for my previous E60 550 I wanted the 6spd manual, however, those were extremely rare because BMW imported only 100 per year into the US.
Appreciate 0
      03-11-2016, 04:45 PM   #38
Boulder Bill
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 Porsche Cayman GTS

Rare indeed.

My 2013 550 is one of only 97 sold in North America and that was the last model year in which a manual was available.

So sad. A market driven selection obviously.
2013 F10 550i | 6 Speed Manual | M Sport Package | Carbon Black | Oyster & Black Nappa | Dynamic Handling w/Dynamic Damper Control | Executive Package (Comfort Access - Soft Close - HUD) | B&O Sound | Luxury Seating & Heated Seats
(retired: 2002 E39 540i | 6 Speed Manual)
Appreciate 0
      03-14-2016, 07:33 AM   #39
Nalod
Major
Rep
Drives: 2013 535i

Came from a 2007 328i coupe with 6spd MT Sport, premium and loved that car!
Sold it over the weekend with only 78k on it. I had bought that car in 2010 with 37k miles on it.

Got a Black on black 2013 535i with 6mt, MSport, Premium,Technology, Comfort Seats and Premium Radio. Other than heated seats it had everything I wanted.

As of last week Auto Trader had only 5 mt's on a national search with no M-Sports and every car had something that did not make me rush out and buy one. The M-sports that come up with MT do sell for a 5-7% premium compared to Steptronic.

When my unicorn appeared she was only 50 miles from my residence. I had taken a vacation and did not see this one come up for week after it was posted. it was the only one in the BMW inventory search which only lets you search within a 500 mile radius. By the time I called on it two people tried to buy it but lacked the funding and it was out on 24 hour test drive with a fellow who had a bad back but wanted the comfort seats and tried to make a go of it with the MT. It did not work for him, but it did for me!

With only 28k miles on it right at three years old and a clean car fax I d I paid $39,400 but it was a CPO with 14 months left on maintenance and now had 38mos on the warranty. While a bit high priced the car was very gently worn and pristine! My only comp in my weeks of searching was I paid about $2000 more vs a car with 12k more miles on it and not CPO and no comfort seats. With half down and using .9% from BMW finance for 60 months my payment is under $400 a month. I don't like to go that long but at that interest rate its nearly free money.

Prior to my 328i I had leased a 2007 530i 6MT in monoco blue and that orangy/brown leather interior with comfort seats. I was not thrilled with the sport package at the time (reports that the active suspension was causing rear occupants to get car sick a bit).

There is an old saying: "Price is only an issue in the absence of value". When buying a used car "value" is subjective. In this case I feel good not about getting a "Steal" but getting the quality, color and options which add up to a very good price paid.

I'll tint the windows a bit, eventually change the grill and slap on a black license plate frame. First Car I can remember I don't even have to change the shift knob on!!!! Other than that we'll keep her stock!

The car: Nice to be back in a 5 series after 6 years of having fun in the coupe. She is very much a grand touring personality and much larger than my E92. The premium stereo is very engaging as is the massive amount of tech on the car. The extended display is always changing but with only 3 days of ownership I still have a long way to go learning. I have not even gotten to the BMW Apps yet! Looking forward to some long trips and many happy years of ownership!!!

Three pedals! While many tell me they have "Paddles" I remind them that there is nothing like having 300 horse power transfer from the left leg, thru the groin, and to the right leg. Still feels good!!! Torque converters eat that up.
Appreciate 1
      03-14-2016, 01:32 PM   #40
bmw//msport
United_States
Rep
Drives: '13 BMW 535//Msport

Thanks so much for the input, the time in ur response.. Definitely taking the recommendation.
Appreciate 0
      03-14-2016, 09:25 PM   #41
Gpfarrell
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 6MT Imperial Blue 550i M-sport

I need to update my little avatar description... but here's a pair of 6-speed M-sports in my driveway. It's a bit of a tale that I need to put in its own thread, but the only sedan I've found more enjoyable than a 535 6MT is a 550 6MT. When I got a lead on a 1 of 22 M-sport, it was time to make a trade!
Attached Images

Appreciate 1
      03-14-2016, 10:27 PM   #42
Bmw doubles
Dream crusher
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2011 535  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gpfarrell
I need to update my little avatar description... but here's a pair of 6-speed M-sports in my driveway. It's a bit of a tale that I need to put in its own thread, but the only sedan I've found more enjoyable than a 535 6MT is a 550 6MT. When I got a lead on a 1 of 22 M-sport, it was time to make a trade!
Baller

Appreciate 0
      04-09-2020, 10:07 AM   #43
Thedriver85
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 Mustang GT "Beast"

I know I'm 4 years late...but this is an awesome thread. Do any of you still have these?
Appreciate 0
      04-09-2020, 10:39 AM   #44
ey2001
Captain
Rep
Drives: F10 535i 6spd

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thedriver85 View Post
I know I'm 4 years late...but this is an awesome thread. Do any of you still have these?
Still have mine.. 2014 535i
Attached Images

Appreciate 0