2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10 BIMMERPOST Universal Forums Off-Topic Discussions Board The Sports Lounge Julio Jones traded to Titans

06-07-2021, 06:10 AM   #1
tcphoto
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 335i 6MT Coupe

Julio Jones traded to Titans

After moving back to Nashville following twenty years in Atlanta, I am thrilled that Julio ended up with the Titans. I realize that he’s had a few injuries but how is he only worth a second round pick and a couple of Mr. Irrelevants? I’m sure that Matt Ryan isn’t very happy right now.
      06-07-2021, 07:47 AM   #2
G3min1
Curious Gooner
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2010 BMW 135i M-Sport

Garage List
2010 BMW 135i  [0.00]
Maybe Julio will finally get targeted in the redzone now.

The fact that there's the beast known as Derek Henry on the team, it will def open Julio's game up.
Appreciate 0
      06-07-2021, 01:41 PM   #3
ramman434
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: F30 335i

Titan up!!
Appreciate 0
      06-16-2021, 10:37 AM   #4
Dizzy21
Rep
Drives: 2018 Chevy Colorado

Quote:
Originally Posted by G3min1 View Post
Maybe Julio will finally get targeted in the redzone now.

The fact that there's the beast known as Derek Henry on the team, it will def open Julio's game up.
He will probably have a great year although AJ could soak up some targets. I read that Matt Ryan is basically a robot and because of this Julio doesn’t get forced fed in the end zone like he should’ve his entire career. Closest thing to megatron.
Appreciate 0
      06-18-2021, 08:38 AM   #5
tcphoto
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

After living in Atlanta for twenty years, I've seen how Julio plays the game. As he said after the trade, he just wants to win. He was a great example to the WR room in Atlanta and they'll all say the same about him. It was frustrating to see Julio's lack of targets in the red zone but you can't always beat a double team so Ridley ended up being the open man. He may have lower attempts, catches and yardage but he will go further into the playoffs with the Titans.

As far as Matt Ryan goes, he's a pocket QB and his numbers speak for themselves. If you're not mobile and your OL is hurt or not playing well, you don't have time to go through your progressions and find the open receiver. The Falcon's have addressed the OL in recent drafts and added Mike Davis but the RB position has been weak since Micheal Turner's exit.
      09-22-2021, 04:59 PM   #6
Maxmil982
Private
Rep
Drives: 2010 e60 535i xDrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by tcphoto View Post
After moving back to Nashville following twenty years in Atlanta, I am thrilled that Julio ended up with the Titans. I realize that he’s had a few injuries but how is he only worth a second round pick and a couple of Mr. Irrelevants? I’m sure that Matt Ryan isn’t very happy right now.
Julio looking good!
Appreciate 0
      09-22-2021, 05:01 PM   #7
Maxmil982
Private
Rep
Drives: 2010 e60 535i xDrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by tcphoto View Post
After living in Atlanta for twenty years, I've seen how Julio plays the game. As he said after the trade, he just wants to win. He was a great example to the WR room in Atlanta and they'll all say the same about him. It was frustrating to see Julio's lack of targets in the red zone but you can't always beat a double team so Ridley ended up being the open man. He may have lower attempts, catches and yardage but he will go further into the playoffs with the Titans.

As far as Matt Ryan goes, he's a pocket QB and his numbers speak for themselves. If you're not mobile and your OL is hurt or not playing well, you don't have time to go through your progressions and find the open receiver. The Falcon's have addressed the OL in recent drafts and added Mike Davis but the RB position has been weak since Micheal Turner's exit.
Julio used to live in my building in 2017. He told me the SB was intentionally thrown and it fractured the whole team.
Appreciate 0
      09-22-2021, 05:37 PM   #8
tcphoto
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

...because the NFL felt bad about deflategate and Kraft didn't get his happy ending in Florida.
      10-12-2021, 10:47 AM   #9
ryan stewart
Major
Rep
Drives: 2008 328it

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxmil982 View Post
Julio used to live in my building in 2017. He told me the SB was intentionally thrown and it fractured the whole team.
Having watched the game, no it wasn't. It was a foregone conclusion because of the stupid decision to slow the game down with a lead. Atlanta never had a defense or a reliable run game, they just had aggressive ass Shanahan covering it up with deep passing. And the offense was in rhythm.

The moment they shifted to "prevent" I knew the game was over, I actually told everyone in the room. The defense had already been on the field the whole game because ToP was short despite the score, thanks to how quickly they scored. That defense was never going to be able to hold the line and certainly not being tired. By the time they started to spin the offense back up it was too late, they were never going to get rolling in time.

Anyone who watched that team all season knew they were going to get scored on in the second half, it had been happening to them all season. Often giving up double digits in the 4th. It just never mattered because they had already scored 30+ points and it was too late. They literally only won ONE game where they didnt score over 30 points.

This time they pulled back the offense too early and against the wrong team. They had been blowing leads all season, they just always had a bigger lead.

Then Shanahan left and the offense didnt have the chemistry to reliably score over 30 points a game anymore.

They should have kept it in the air to keep eating up yards, they had a balanced passing attack the whole game. As far as Jones and the red zone, he was never a true red zone receiver. His insane advantage is his combination of height and speed, he needs to bump and run and not be engaged in a scuffle with a corner. When you're packed in a shorter corner has an advantage because they can hold (I was taught to, everyone does it, just dont get caught) and break your step, not letting you elevate, and there is nowhere to run away to. His skill isnt fighting off a defender, that is why TEs are the TD kings, big physical guys who dont need to be able to leap but instead swat away a linebacker or safety.

Im not calling him soft, dude could take (and deliver) a hit, its just the reality. Its like wrestling, being fast and tall isnt an advantage when someone is swiping at your legs. He is an amazing player, he just needs to be utilized properly. Cutting him loose to work in an open field.
Appreciate 0