2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
 

2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10 F10 Technical Topics Engine, Transmission, Exhaust, Drivetrain, ECU Software Modifications G Plus F10 Intercooler
Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      03-22-2019, 10:13 PM   #45
top ramen
Private First Class
26
Rep
183
Posts

Drives: Schwarz II 535i
Join Date: Sep 2015
Location: NC

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bullitts5 View Post
DIY Posted!!
Thanks bro.
Appreciate 0
      03-23-2019, 12:47 AM   #46
neejay
Private
3
Rep
96
Posts

Drives: 2011 535i M-Sport
Join Date: May 2015
Location: Atlanta, GA

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrderekmeier View Post
FYI I emailed the eBay seller yellowspeed and they sent me the brackets.
Interesting. So an eBay seller was able to send you the correct brackets, no hassle or BS in an acceptable time frame, but VRSF still can't produce the correct brackets (going on a month and a half) even though testing and production have been going on for over a year?
Appreciate 0
      03-23-2019, 12:24 PM   #47
Bullitts5
Private
Bullitts5's Avatar
32
Rep
64
Posts

Drives: 2015 535i
Join Date: Jan 2019
Location: Gilbert Az

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2018 Ford F150  [0.00]
2015 535i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by neejay View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrderekmeier View Post
FYI I emailed the eBay seller yellowspeed and they sent me the brackets.
Interesting. So an eBay seller was able to send you the correct brackets, no hassle or BS in an acceptable time frame, but VRSF still can't produce the correct brackets (going on a month and a half) even though testing and production have been going on for over a year?
Ouchhhh hahahaha Ebay for the win
__________________
E60 M550i Sold / 2015 F10 535i
“Im a crazy car guy”
If it has a motor, it has my attention
Appreciate 0
      04-05-2019, 07:29 AM   #48
Rayzor
Private
South Africa
10
Rep
55
Posts

Drives: F10 Msport 535i
Join Date: Oct 2016
Location: South Africa

iTrader: (0)

Such a disappointment that non of the suppliers ship to South Africa
Appreciate 0
      04-16-2019, 05:19 PM   #49
MOBF10
First Lieutenant
66
Rep
342
Posts

Drives: 2015 535i Msport
Join Date: May 2018
Location: Socal

iTrader: (1)

sub'd. really interested in more reviews.
Appreciate 0
      04-22-2019, 09:57 PM   #50
Unspec
Private
United_States
18
Rep
62
Posts

Drives: 2015 BMW 535xi
Join Date: Apr 2019
Location: New Jersey

iTrader: (0)

Not sure if this is what happened here, but it most likely is. A lot of times companies send over specs to manufacturers in China (or other cheap labor countries) to produce their product, and the manufacturer either copies the specs down and starts producing their own, or produce extra stock and brand it as their own. Either way, they produce a near carbon copy of the same item, just without the markup due to no R&D and branding costs. I'd be willing to bet this IC performs pretty similarly to Wagner one.

One good giveaway that they're made in the same factory is the brand stamp. They're both in the same area, at roughly the same offsets if measured from center. Most likely just a stamp head being swapped out and that's it.

The part I find the most funny about the g plus one (and the main reason I finally registered an account) is if you look at the ebay item descriptions for both gplusmotor and yellowspeed. They literally ripped it straight from Wagner's website, with some hilariously bad attempts to make it look different. They even list it under the same part number as the Wagner one, 200001069

Wagner:
...providing a 92% larger frontal area and 97% more volume compared to the original intercooler. Our engineers have increased the intercooler core size and efficiency, as well as improved the end tank design to remove any OEM bottlenecks, resulting in increased flow rating and charge cooling properties. WAGNERTUNING Performance Core with high cooling performance and a weight of 11,7kg. Combined with cast aluminum end tanks which are optimized by CFD for.best possible internal airflow. This intercooler is the best choice when it comes to performance gains and low intake temperatures. Less pressure drop then OEM Intercooler. Anti corrosion protective coating with perfect thermal heat dissipating character. Optimal cooling with clearly more power. Kit is ready for installation, 100% perfect fit. Fitment is easy, replacing the OEM intercooler. All of our products undergo rigorous quality control.

yellow:
...providing a 92% larger frontal area and 97% more volume compared to the original intercooler. Our engineers have increased the intercooler core size and efficiency, as well as improved the end tank design to remove any OEM bottlenecks, resulting in increased flow rating and charge cooling properties. The Competition Core with high cooling performance and light weight combined with cast aluminum optimized by CAD. Flow analyses and simulations were created to optimize the design for best possible internal airflow. This intercooler is the best choice when it comes to performance gains and low intake temperatures. Less pressure drop then OEM Intercooler. Anti corrosion protective coating with perfect thermal heat dissipating character. Optimal cooling with clearly more power. Kit is ready for installation, 100% perfect fit. Fitment is easy, replacing the OEM intercooler. All of our products undergo rigorous quality control.

If you're trying to saving money, there's really no reason to not buy the g-plus, it's great bang for the buck. My only concern would be QC, but even then, Ebay has buyer protection and if you can show definite manufacture defect they will refund you.

Last edited by Unspec; 04-22-2019 at 11:23 PM..
Appreciate 0
      04-23-2019, 05:08 PM   #51
gpabalinas81
Private
20
Rep
56
Posts

Drives: 2014 535i M Sport
Join Date: Apr 2019
Location: Vallejo, CA

iTrader: (0)

Shoot, kinda tempted to buy one now from reading all these posts lol. Under 300 bucks, you can't beat that! especially if it's identical to the Wagner
Appreciate 0
      04-23-2019, 06:41 PM   #52
Unspec
Private
United_States
18
Rep
62
Posts

Drives: 2015 BMW 535xi
Join Date: Apr 2019
Location: New Jersey

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by gpabalinas81 View Post
Shoot, kinda tempted to buy one now from reading all these posts lol. Under 300 bucks, you can't beat that! especially if it's identical to the Wagner
Fin density might be a different. But to be honest, if you can get even 50% of the performance of the Wagner one, you're getting that for like 30% of the cost. Pretty good bang for your buck. The biggest benefit of it being a clone is that you know it'll fit without modification.

Of course, if money isn't a major concern, Wagner is probably better since you definitely know what you're getting.

Either way, clone or real, both are better than stock lol
Appreciate 0
      05-18-2019, 09:40 PM   #53
gpabalinas81
Private
20
Rep
56
Posts

Drives: 2014 535i M Sport
Join Date: Apr 2019
Location: Vallejo, CA

iTrader: (0)

Just ordered mine today, Ebay had a 10% off coupon, got it for $218.00 bucks!!!!!! Can't Wait!! Hopefully it's as good as the Wagner!!! I'll let you guys know!
Appreciate 0
      05-19-2019, 09:57 AM   #54
John H.
Second Lieutenant
John H.'s Avatar
United_States
136
Rep
265
Posts

Drives: 2014 535i XDrive
Join Date: Jun 2017
Location: The O.C.

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by gpabalinas81 View Post
Just ordered mine today, Ebay had a 10% off coupon, got it for $218.00 bucks!!!!!! Can't Wait!! Hopefully it's as good as the Wagner!!! I'll let you guys know!
Good deal! Take some pics please!

BTW, I graduated from Vallejo Sr.
Appreciate 0
      05-20-2019, 07:44 PM   #55
gpabalinas81
Private
20
Rep
56
Posts

Drives: 2014 535i M Sport
Join Date: Apr 2019
Location: Vallejo, CA

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by John H. View Post
Good deal! Take some pics please!

BTW, I graduated from Vallejo Sr.

Sweet! Me too, what year? I was class of 1999. And yes, I will take pics when it arrives. Going to have my buddy that works at BMW come by and install. Suppose to be coming on Friday the 24th. We shall see!
Appreciate 0
      05-23-2019, 07:40 PM   #56
jonobro
Lieutenant
24
Rep
562
Posts

Drives: bmw f10 535i
Join Date: Jun 2018
Location: CA

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by gpabalinas81 View Post
Shoot, kinda tempted to buy one now from reading all these posts lol. Under 300 bucks, you can't beat that! especially if it's identical to the Wagner
Would this add HP?
Appreciate 0
      05-23-2019, 07:41 PM   #57
jonobro
Lieutenant
24
Rep
562
Posts

Drives: bmw f10 535i
Join Date: Jun 2018
Location: CA

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unspec View Post
Not sure if this is what happened here, but it most likely is. A lot of times companies send over specs to manufacturers in China (or other cheap labor countries) to produce their product, and the manufacturer either copies the specs down and starts producing their own, or produce extra stock and brand it as their own. Either way, they produce a near carbon copy of the same item, just without the markup due to no R&D and branding costs. I'd be willing to bet this IC performs pretty similarly to Wagner one.

One good giveaway that they're made in the same factory is the brand stamp. They're both in the same area, at roughly the same offsets if measured from center. Most likely just a stamp head being swapped out and that's it.

The part I find the most funny about the g plus one (and the main reason I finally registered an account) is if you look at the ebay item descriptions for both gplusmotor and yellowspeed. They literally ripped it straight from Wagner's website, with some hilariously bad attempts to make it look different. They even list it under the same part number as the Wagner one, 200001069

Wagner:
...providing a 92% larger frontal area and 97% more volume compared to the original intercooler. Our engineers have increased the intercooler core size and efficiency, as well as improved the end tank design to remove any OEM bottlenecks, resulting in increased flow rating and charge cooling properties. WAGNERTUNING Performance Core with high cooling performance and a weight of 11,7kg. Combined with cast aluminum end tanks which are optimized by CFD for.best possible internal airflow. This intercooler is the best choice when it comes to performance gains and low intake temperatures. Less pressure drop then OEM Intercooler. Anti corrosion protective coating with perfect thermal heat dissipating character. Optimal cooling with clearly more power. Kit is ready for installation, 100% perfect fit. Fitment is easy, replacing the OEM intercooler. All of our products undergo rigorous quality control.

yellow:
...providing a 92% larger frontal area and 97% more volume compared to the original intercooler. Our engineers have increased the intercooler core size and efficiency, as well as improved the end tank design to remove any OEM bottlenecks, resulting in increased flow rating and charge cooling properties. The Competition Core with high cooling performance and light weight combined with cast aluminum optimized by CAD. Flow analyses and simulations were created to optimize the design for best possible internal airflow. This intercooler is the best choice when it comes to performance gains and low intake temperatures. Less pressure drop then OEM Intercooler. Anti corrosion protective coating with perfect thermal heat dissipating character. Optimal cooling with clearly more power. Kit is ready for installation, 100% perfect fit. Fitment is easy, replacing the OEM intercooler. All of our products undergo rigorous quality control.

If you're trying to saving money, there's really no reason to not buy the g-plus, it's great bang for the buck. My only concern would be QC, but even then, Ebay has buyer protection and if you can show definite manufacture defect they will refund you.
Do you think this adds hp?
Appreciate 0
      05-24-2019, 06:07 PM   #58
MOBF10
First Lieutenant
66
Rep
342
Posts

Drives: 2015 535i Msport
Join Date: May 2018
Location: Socal

iTrader: (1)

It doesnt add hp. Getting a better flowing intercooler helps maintain hp. Also allows you to run more boost with other mods.
Appreciate 0
      05-24-2019, 10:13 PM   #59
Unspec
Private
United_States
18
Rep
62
Posts

Drives: 2015 BMW 535xi
Join Date: Apr 2019
Location: New Jersey

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonobro View Post
Do you think this adds hp?
No, not directly. But it does unlock higher potential power through more aggressive tunes. If you're bone stock, running a bigger intercooler does nothing for you besides reduce heat soak if you don't tune the car.
Appreciate 0
      05-25-2019, 01:57 PM   #60
gpabalinas81
Private
20
Rep
56
Posts

Drives: 2014 535i M Sport
Join Date: Apr 2019
Location: Vallejo, CA

iTrader: (0)

Just Got it in yesterday, found the brackets on the inside flap sitting on top as if they just tried to throw it in there last minute. Looks to be good quality! Having my BMW buddy install next week, i'll post some install photos! But I did email the buyer right when I bought it to "don't forget the brackets" lol
Attached Images
     
Appreciate 2
John H.136.00

      05-25-2019, 09:42 PM   #61
lsturbointeg
Lieutenant General
lsturbointeg's Avatar
United_States
4972
Rep
12,585
Posts

Drives: 2011 535i Jet Black
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: Asian lost in OH

iTrader: (0)

ah comon' take off the plastic and show us the goods!
__________________
~CinnamonLeatherInterior~21"3Piece AlphaForgedWheels~BMSgoldTitaniumLugz~ 3dCarbonRearSpoiler~3dCarbonFrontLip~3dCarbonSideS kirtExtensions~DTMCarbonDiffuser~CarbonWrapPUFront Splitter~CarbonRearSplitters~CarbonEmblems~Lederma nzWheel~ShadowlineKit~DoubleSlatGrills~WstyleCarbo nRoofSpoiler~CarbonMirrorCovers~MeisterschaftEVC90 mmQuadExhaust~CarbonTipCovers~KWV1Coilovers~MPedal s~G2GoldCalipers~35%TinT~JB4~
Appreciate 0
      05-25-2019, 11:40 PM   #62
Casebrius
Private
5
Rep
54
Posts

Drives: 2016 535 M-Sport; 95,97 E36 M3
Join Date: Mar 2019
Location: Loosiana

iTrader: (0)

How long was lead time?
Appreciate 0
      05-26-2019, 12:23 AM   #63
gpabalinas81
Private
20
Rep
56
Posts

Drives: 2014 535i M Sport
Join Date: Apr 2019
Location: Vallejo, CA

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casebrius View Post
How long was lead time?
I ordered 5/18, shipped out 5/20 and it arrived 5/24, came from Miamisburg, OH
__________________
2014 535i M Sport Mods: BMS Intake, FTP Charge Pipe, FTP Boost Pipe, G-Plus FMIC, JB4, Remus Sport Exhaust with 84mm Black Carbon Tips

Last edited by gpabalinas81; 05-26-2019 at 12:38 AM..
Appreciate 0
      05-26-2019, 12:32 AM   #64
gpabalinas81
Private
20
Rep
56
Posts

Drives: 2014 535i M Sport
Join Date: Apr 2019
Location: Vallejo, CA

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by lsturbointeg View Post
ah comon' take off the plastic and show us the goods!
Unwrapped it just for you! lol!, didn't want to unwrap it until the install, but here you go! S#!T is clean son!! sorry, my little girl's feet and toys in the background lol!!
Attached Images
     
__________________
2014 535i M Sport Mods: BMS Intake, FTP Charge Pipe, FTP Boost Pipe, G-Plus FMIC, JB4, Remus Sport Exhaust with 84mm Black Carbon Tips
Appreciate 1
      05-26-2019, 01:07 AM   #65
gpabalinas81
Private
20
Rep
56
Posts

Drives: 2014 535i M Sport
Join Date: Apr 2019
Location: Vallejo, CA

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonobro View Post
Would this add HP?
It does and it's doesn't, the purpose of an upgraded FMIC is to keep the air going into the engine cooler and denser, potentially making more horse power on colder days, but during normal driving it can keep the HP consistent, while driving, since the stock FMIC is a heat soaker, heat will potentially cause HP loss since the air is less dense, upgrading the FMIC will get cooler air into the engine and will keep the HP consistent while your driving and will lessen heat soak.
__________________
2014 535i M Sport Mods: BMS Intake, FTP Charge Pipe, FTP Boost Pipe, G-Plus FMIC, JB4, Remus Sport Exhaust with 84mm Black Carbon Tips
Appreciate 0
      05-26-2019, 02:13 PM   #66
lsturbointeg
Lieutenant General
lsturbointeg's Avatar
United_States
4972
Rep
12,585
Posts

Drives: 2011 535i Jet Black
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: Asian lost in OH

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by gpabalinas81 View Post
Unwrapped it just for you! lol!, didn't want to unwrap it until the install, but here you go! S#!T is clean son!! sorry, my little girl's feet and toys in the background lol!!
Very nice. Are you able to get pictures during the install or maybe a good DIY
__________________
~CinnamonLeatherInterior~21"3Piece AlphaForgedWheels~BMSgoldTitaniumLugz~ 3dCarbonRearSpoiler~3dCarbonFrontLip~3dCarbonSideS kirtExtensions~DTMCarbonDiffuser~CarbonWrapPUFront Splitter~CarbonRearSplitters~CarbonEmblems~Lederma nzWheel~ShadowlineKit~DoubleSlatGrills~WstyleCarbo nRoofSpoiler~CarbonMirrorCovers~MeisterschaftEVC90 mmQuadExhaust~CarbonTipCovers~KWV1Coilovers~MPedal s~G2GoldCalipers~35%TinT~JB4~
Appreciate 0
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:25 AM.




5post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST