2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10 BIMMERPOST Universal Forums Off-Topic Discussions Board Health, Fitness, Martial Arts, and Nutrition Medicinal Cannabis

01-18-2022, 05:21 PM   #67
shoei
Banned
Rep
Drives: MW Vespa w/pink racing stripes

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmuroRay View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by shoei View Post
Depends what you're looking for. Also depends on your state most likely lol.

There's some good tinctures (a ton of terrible ones as well) that you can utilize if it's for increasing appetite or for sleep aid for example.

If you're just looking to get high, almost anything will get you there lol.

Edibles also for medicinal purposes tend to go down easier. When you digest cannabis it effects your body differently as opposed to smoking it. Lungs vs liver.
Do you have anything that actually has medical properties, not just euphoric.
Without the "euphoric" you will want something with cbd mixed with the thc. Cbd counteracts the "euphoric" feels associated with thc.

HOWEVER, again, depending on what you need / want it for, some of the "healing" proponents are located within the thc portion.

I'll pop a 1:1 gummy (1:1 ratio of cbd and thc) but I'll need closer to 100mg to get "high". They have 2:1, 5:1, even a 20:1 ration of cbd to thc.

What state are you in?
Appreciate 0
      01-18-2022, 05:33 PM   #68
AmuroRay
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: M235i

Quote:
Without the "euphoric" you will want something with cbd mixed with the thc. Cbd counteracts the "euphoric" feels associated with thc.

HOWEVER, again, depending on what you need / want it for, some of the "healing" proponents are located within the thc portion.

I'll pop a 1:1 gummy (1:1 ratio of cbd and thc) but I'll need closer to 100mg to get "high". They have 2:1, 5:1, even a 20:1 ration of cbd to thc.

What state are you in?
Florida
      01-18-2022, 05:47 PM   #69
shoei
Banned
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmuroRay View Post
Quote:

What state are you in?
Florida
You've got medicinal. You've got some fuckery going on in FL with cannabis. Lots of conglomerates own the majority, selling their own products, not carrying competitors etc etc. But these three brands are reputable and focus more so on the healing portions. Canna kids for example, started off by providing tinctures for children who have cancer.

https://www.papaandbarkley.com/

https://cannakids.org/

https://www.cbd.org/ (Care By Design)

Just shoot me a DM if you want to get into specifics and don't want to blast it out on public forums. Good luck though, hope this at least provides some more info for you.
Appreciate 1
      01-29-2022, 11:41 PM   #70
markosvaba
Registered
Serbia
Rep
Drives: BMW f20

Cannabis is great for sleep. But don't use it every day.
Appreciate 1
      02-02-2022, 08:23 PM   #71
TopJimmy
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2023 M3 Comp xDrive

My doc prescribed Trazodone for sleep but it gave me the spins for a few hours after I woke up. One good vape of medical Indica gives me a solid 8h of rest…no dreams but no nightmares either.
      02-05-2022, 05:01 AM   #72
Sedan_Clan
Law Enforcer
Brazil
Rep
Drives: '22 Chalk Gray Porsche C2S

As long as people aren't operating motor vehicles while impaired by marijuana, I have no issues with it. The moment the above stated happens is the moment I have a problem. Otherwise, get high, but don't get high off your own supply. LOL!

Last edited by Sedan_Clan; 02-05-2022 at 05:23 AM..
Appreciate 2
chris7197226.50
      02-07-2022, 03:52 AM   #73
Andrew01
Registered
Canada
Rep
Drives: M3 F80 2015

Taking cannabis strains whenever I am depressed. Normally, Hookah once a week with friends is the best option for me to stay focused and relaxed.
Appreciate 0
      02-22-2022, 09:43 AM   #74
shoei
Banned
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelton57 View Post
Quote:
Present day? Sativa indica hybrid is mostly placebos. In the rush to come up with the quickest growing, less finicky more potent flower, a metric fuck ton of cross breeding has come about.

Vape oils? When the plant goes through extraction process, what made it indica or sativa is evaporated. You're left with terpenes they add to the vape oil. Vapes are 100% placebo. Flowers and pre-rolls are quickly getting to that level too. They market lower thc flower as "sativa" for example. Plus, sativa is a pain to grow. Takes longer than indica. Tack on another month of time.
I'm not really sure about your requirements. But if you wanted some tinctures, there are good ones and there are bad ones as well. If people want to increase appetite, or help sleep deprivation, they use the tinctures respectively. It's true that edibles can be beneficial for medicating purposes, and they do go down easier. When you digest cannabis, it affects your body differently than when you smoke it. Smoking affects your lungs while eating cannabis can affect your liver.
Tinctures are a crapshoot. People are experimenting with different oils as delivery methods. I.E olive oil, coconut oil et all. Some of it doesn't sit well with individuals. 1 out of 10 tinctures are produced properly, the majority are just guessing at formulations and ingredients.

It's not so much that the flower effects the lungs or it effects the liver - it's more so the cannabis gets PROCESSED by your lungs or liver depending on smoking or digesting.
Appreciate 0
      05-18-2022, 08:49 AM   #75
floridaorange
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 bmw 320i xdrive

No. But have smoked plenty in my past. I think like any medicine it can be a bridge toward a better life and way of thinking, but careful with dependence.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrussGott View Post
Sounds pizzagatey.
Appreciate 0
      05-25-2022, 09:48 AM   #76
M-technik-3
Major
Rep
Drives: E30 M3, E36 M3, 328iT, 335i

Garage List
1995 M3  [9.00]
2007 E91  [7.25]
1988 M3  [9.50]
I tried the CBD in extract form for variety of pain but it never really helped imo. Legal in MA in both rec and med but somebody has probably already mentioned that. I can't stand the smell and don't smoke so that will be out always.
Appreciate 0
      08-19-2022, 02:06 PM   #77
Mason Hatcher
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW 230i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yapakanichi View Post
So who else uses medicinal Cannabis? I know we have a lot of Cali, Oregon, Colo, Washington, Michigan....hell there are other states. But who else is a supporter of cannabis?

I've actually got a podcast and radio talk show that promotes cannabis in-lieu of the pills the doctors tell us to take. I've personally gotten off of Cymbalta, Prazosin, and Trazadone because of cannabis. It's given me the freedom of my own medical care. I can manage my pain and mental issues without the harmful side effects.

Anyone else? Or will this get me banned, closed and terminated?
"Without any harmful side effects" Stoners....🙄
Appreciate 0
      08-19-2022, 10:19 PM   #78
Sedan_Clan
Law Enforcer
Brazil
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mason Hatcher View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yapakanichi View Post
So who else uses medicinal Cannabis? I know we have a lot of Cali, Oregon, Colo, Washington, Michigan....hell there are other states. But who else is a supporter of cannabis?

I've actually got a podcast and radio talk show that promotes cannabis in-lieu of the pills the doctors tell us to take. I've personally gotten off of Cymbalta, Prazosin, and Trazadone because of cannabis. It's given me the freedom of my own medical care. I can manage my pain and mental issues without the harmful side effects.

Anyone else? Or will this get me banned, closed and terminated?
"Without any harmful side effects" Stoners....🙄
I suppose he meant relative to those drugs……but yeah, marijuana isn't a wonder drug that is without its side effects.
Appreciate 0
      08-19-2022, 11:23 PM   #79
shiftdnb
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2017 F31 328dx

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sedan_Clan View Post
I suppose he meant relative to those drugs……but yeah, marijuana isn't a wonder drug that is without its side effects.
What side effects? Munchies and naps?
Appreciate 0
      08-19-2022, 11:36 PM   #80
Sedan_Clan
Law Enforcer
Brazil
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by shiftdnb View Post
Quote:
What side effects? Munchies and naps?
As it pertains to what I care about when dealing with marijuana users driving impaired….

….various ocular conditions that affect reaction time, rebound dilation, object constancy (…e.g…impaired short term memory), etc.

In general, you develop lung issues and other similar health issues associated with smoking.
Appreciate 0
      08-20-2022, 09:08 PM   #81
shiftdnb
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
As it pertains to what I care about when dealing with marijuana users driving impaired….

….various ocular conditions that affect reaction time, rebound dilation, object constancy (…e.g…impaired short term memory), etc.

In general, you develop lung issues and other similar health issues associated with smoking.
Man I smoke mad bowls and do iracing in VR. Have a 4.99 safety rating which can’t go any higher. Can’t say much for driving regular because I don’t smoke before night time but it definitely has no effect on my racing.

you’re also wrong on lung issues.

https://erj.ersjournals.com/content/35/1/42

Quote:
Cumulative cannabis use was associated with higher forced vital capacity, total lung capacity, functional residual capacity and residual volume. Cannabis was also associated with higher airway resistance but not with forced expiratory volume in 1 s, forced expiratory ratio or transfer factor. These findings were similar among those who did not smoke tobacco. In contrast, tobacco use was associated with lower forced expiratory volume in 1 s, lower forced expiratory ratio, lower transfer factor and higher static lung volumes, but not with airway resistance.

Cannabis appears to have different effects on lung function from those of tobacco. Cannabis use was associated with higher lung volumes, suggesting hyperinflation and increased large-airways resistance, but there was little evidence for airflow obstruction or impairment of gas transfer.

Last edited by shiftdnb; 08-20-2022 at 09:26 PM..
Appreciate 1
chris7197226.50
      08-20-2022, 09:14 PM   #82
Sedan_Clan
Law Enforcer
Brazil
Rep

I'm not here to debate with you about it. Have you ever seen the lungs of a marijuana smoker in real life? I have (…many times). Do as you please, but let's not sit here and act like drugs have zero adverse affects on the body.
Appreciate 0
      08-20-2022, 09:33 PM   #83
Suds
/M Enthusiast
United_States
Rep
Drives: Responsiblish

What about edibles, if you don’t smoke them?
Appreciate 0
      08-20-2022, 09:40 PM   #84
Sedan_Clan
Law Enforcer
Brazil
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suds View Post
What about edibles, if you don't smoke them?
What exactly are you asking? Edibles are largely inconsistent and the potency is hard to quantify……even within the same batch.
Appreciate 1
chris7197226.50
      08-20-2022, 10:20 PM   #85
shiftdnb
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
What exactly are you asking? Edibles are largely inconsistent and the potency is hard to quantify……even within the same batch.
This I agree with. Edibles definitely hit different as well. Anytime I’ve eaten them I’m either not affected or they knock me out.
Appreciate 0
      08-24-2022, 10:18 AM   #86
TopJimmy
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2023 M3 Comp xDrive

As I am a legal registered Caregiver let me share my recipe for Gummies for those that are eligible. Please read the entire recipe and steps before starting anything.

=INGREDIENTS=
1 small box of regular Jell-o, any flavor (the Jolly Rancher flavors have more taste)
2 packs of Knox Gelatin Powder (there are four packs in a box)
a 1mL syringe of Distillate (not RSO or Tincture)
1/2 teaspoon of dry soy or sunflower Lecithin crumbles, not the liquid
a teaspoon or two of dry Cornstarch powder
Cold water
1 or 2 silicone soap block molds

=STEPS=
In a small pot add the package of flavored Jell-o, two packs of Gelatin, the half teaspoon of Lecithin, and HALF of the water that the Jell-o box asks for (cold). Stir well to combine and let set 5min for the gelatin to absorb water. The syringe, cornstarch and silicone mold are set aside.

Fill up a silicone mold with water almost completely full, but you can still move it without spilling. Pour this water into a small glass and put a tape mark outside so you know how much liquid fills one soap mold. Dump the water out so our little measuring cup and soap mold are empty and ready.

Get a small cup of hot tap water and set the unopened distillate syringe in there to warm up, and go pointy side down. Don't fill the cup too deep with water so the plunger doesn't get too hot for your fingers. If no small cups you could just hold the pointy end in hot water. You know it's liquid enough when the bubble can move around easily.

Put the pot of cold Gelatin/Lecithin/Water on the stove on high heat. Stir constantly and watch for the sugar to melt, liquid to clarify, and then it will boil (keep stirring). When you have a good boil shut off the heat and move to our measuring and pouring area.

Get our measuring with the tape line and squirt all the warmed Distillate on the bottom. I usually chomp the whole plastic cap in my back teeth and hold it, twist the syringe a little, and the entire plastic cap slips off the glass tip. Pour hot Jell-o mix over top of the Distillate up to the tape line. Stir with a teaspoon until you see no oil drops, and then pour this medicated liquid into the silicone mold. Scrape the measure with the spoon and taste your work.

Set the silicone mold in the freezer for one hour. I use the tray from my toaster to move it easily. The gummie mix will firm up nicely. You know it's ready when the sides of the mold can be pulled away from the gummie block, and it's firm to the touch. Tap a little Cornstarch on top so that it's dry and moisture doesn't condense on the gummie block. Turn the mold over onto a cutting board and pop the silicone edges around the block, it should fall out easy. Dust the outside with more cornstarch, enough to powder the whole thing and sides. Do not be a knucklehead and take a bite of this giant block like one of my silly patients...she slept for an entire day.

=DOSAGE=
To make reasonable dosage you cut the block into 10 or 25 pieces. 10 is one cut longways and five cuts across. 25 is five cuts each direction. Use the powder to make lines first and eyeball things up. A straight flat sharp knife works best. Dust all cut sides with cornstarch, and then shake off the excess with a strainer or colander. Jar up your pieces and keep in the fridge, but safely away from others. The lecithin and extra gelatin make these room-temp stable, but it's still Jell-o and sugar so they will get melty if you warm them up too much.

The box from the distillate will say how many milligrams of medication was in the tube. Let's say 75% medication as an example...that means you had 750mg in the tube, and now in the big gummie block. If you cut the big block into 10 pieces each one has 75mg of medication (that's Very strong, like sleep for bad insomnia). If you cut the big block into 25 pieces each one has 30mg of medication (still quite a bit for most people, try a half first).

As always, use your medication safely and don't drive. Give a full day to determine your effects. Never think "it's not working..." and take more.

Last edited by TopJimmy; 08-24-2022 at 10:30 AM..
Appreciate 1
      03-01-2023, 02:51 AM   #87
Kick 6
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BMW M6

One of the issues with cannabis is that it is being genetically modified by the high volume producers. The THC/CBD ratio is being altered to create very high THC levels to promote euphoria. When they do this, it also lowers the CBD levels which has most of your beneficial effects. What this creates is a drug that can cause serious neurological side effects like psychoses and paranoia. CBD makes cannabis safer and without it, it is something that will not benefit society.
2018 M6 Gran Coupe> DME Stage 2 ECU Remap>Xpress Power Catless Downpipes>Resonator Delete> KW Height Adjustable Springs>Rear Carbon Fiber Diffuser>Carbon Fiber Rear Spoiler>Carbon Fiber Mirrors>IND Painted Front Grille> IND Painted Front Reflector>JR-34 Gunmetal Wheels, 20mm Spacer on rear, 10mm Spacer on front>RK Autowerks Carbon Air Intake>Racing Dynamics Carbon Engine Cover>Carbon Steering Wheel
Appreciate 1
      03-05-2023, 08:11 PM   #88
F32Fleet
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 435i

Not a fan. Expect worsening of mental health for users not to mention the number it does on your respiratory system.

435i, MPPK, MPE, M-Sport Line
Appreciate 0