2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10 BMW 5-Series (F10) Forums General 5-Series Sedan and Wagon (F10 / F11) Forum Assisted connected not quite right

09-20-2010, 02:04 AM   #1
uktivo
Private
Rep
Drives: 530D - F10

Assisted connected not quite right

Hi All,
I've used the function to fire over directions from googlemaps now about 6 times. On EVRY occasion, the information sent differs from the information I entered into the maps. let my explain.

I left last week from Stafford to go to the Apple Store in the bullring centre (Birmingham) then from there to go onto Worcester.

I checked and double checked the information I had entered (as I've not had much success in the past) and fired the maps to the car.
When in the car.. sure enough the maps were there. Off we go..

Now anyone that knows the journey will know its a simple hike down the M6, then off on the A34 (i think it is) straight into Birmingham centre. WRONG..
The sat nav wanted me to leave for M5 travel to junction 2, turn around and travel back up the M5 then back onto the M6.. yep.. thats right. Of course I spotted the mistake and took the correct journey.. stopped the guidance and re entered the details myself.. strangely enough, it all seemed ok from there on. this has happened every time i have remotely sent a journey map to the car.. on one instance, I was going to Ikley Moor (West Yorkshire) entered using postcode, google maps shows correct place. fired to the car and when I started, the satnav wanted me to go to the south coast..

Anyone else had issues?
Appreciate 0
      09-20-2010, 03:50 AM   #2
Lukeswarm
Always Warm
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW 318i M-Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by uktivo View Post
Hi All,
I've used the function to fire over directions from googlemaps now about 6 times. On EVRY occasion, the information sent differs from the information I entered into the maps. let my explain.

I left last week from Stafford to go to the Apple Store in the bullring centre (Birmingham) then from there to go onto Worcester.

I checked and double checked the information I had entered (as I've not had much success in the past) and fired the maps to the car.
When in the car.. sure enough the maps were there. Off we go..

Now anyone that knows the journey will know its a simple hike down the M6, then off on the A34 (i think it is) straight into Birmingham centre. WRONG..
The sat nav wanted me to leave for M5 travel to junction 2, turn around and travel back up the M5 then back onto the M6.. yep.. thats right. Of course I spotted the mistake and took the correct journey.. stopped the guidance and re entered the details myself.. strangely enough, it all seemed ok from there on. this has happened every time i have remotely sent a journey map to the car.. on one instance, I was going to Ikley Moor (West Yorkshire) entered using postcode, google maps shows correct place. fired to the car and when I started, the satnav wanted me to go to the south coast..

Anyone else had issues?

Do you use the postcode each time? If so i have had similar but not quite the same. On the demo car i had i stuck in my home postcode (i live in staffordshire as well) and my postcode is WS** *** got in set of day dreaming then realised it was sending it me to Walsall which also uses WS** *** codes. I opened my laptop when i got home and the route was still on the screen... in google it was correct but my car had a mental somewhere along the line
Appreciate 0
      09-20-2010, 10:11 AM   #3
uktivo
Private
Rep
Drives: 530D - F10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lukeswarm View Post
Do you use the postcode each time? If so i have had similar but not quite the same. On the demo car i had i stuck in my home postcode (i live in staffordshire as well) and my postcode is WS** *** got in set of day dreaming then realised it was sending it me to Walsall which also uses WS** *** codes. I opened my laptop when i got home and the route was still on the screen... in google it was correct but my car had a mental somewhere along the line
Yes I always use postcode. The effect you are seeing is the same I'm getting. There seems to be a translation issue between BMW site and the car.
Glad it isn't just me..

PEOPLE.. please be aware of this issue as it does cause issues if you take for granted that the route has transferred correctly
Appreciate 0