2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10 F10 Technical Topics Engine, Transmission, Exhaust, Drivetrain, ECU Software Modifications N53 Injector Port Ovaling

01-25-2023, 04:44 PM   #1
newbornuser
Rep
Drives: F20 F10

N53 Injector Port Ovaling

Hello,
I would like to know please if anyone has had experience with an injector port ovaling?

I have read that there are cheaper and more important solutions than changing the top of the engine.
There is an existing kit now "PPI BMW Injector Bore Repair Kit" costing 500 dollars.
I find this a considerable price even if I don't question the research and development of this kit which can justify the price.

Other people have managed to find solutions.
I could read the thread of a user named KClemente who explained that he managed to make a kind of seal with the injector caps but unfortunately he seems not to have been active for a while, so I can't ask him after a while if his solution was effective.
Also, the injector caps are a bit hard to find since you have to buy a new injector, nobody sells these injector caps only.

So here it is, if anyone has a solution or an idea I'm interested.
Thank you very much to all those who will take the time to answer.
Appreciate 0
      01-26-2023, 02:40 AM   #2
Hoa
Major
No_Country
Rep
Drives: BMW

How did it ended up like that? Negligence while removing injectors? Perhaps new gasket ring will help seal it. Part number is 13537584315
Appreciate 0