2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10 BIMMERPOST Universal Forums General Automotive (non-BMW) Talk + Photos/Videos Tesla - no thanks!

12-02-2022, 02:34 PM   #133
BGM-M3COMP
The Ben Shapiro of this place. I never lose! LOL
Rep
Drives: 12 plaids on order

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sophisticated Redneck View Post
Yes, think about that for a second. A 10 year old 184k mile n63 engine (this engine is often on the 10 worst lists!) powered 5500lb tank with just 2k in mods will beat a top of the line model 3 performance with the space daddy upgrade pack. Insulting no?

Your right, I don't beat to 60, we are neck and neck and if I dont pre-spool and shift perfect the tesla will get half a car length on me, BUT by the end of the 1/4 your getting an excellent view of my 10 year old tail lights. Model 3's seem to run out of steam past 80. Like I said, I end up in races with model 3s every week here, they are everywhere and driven aggressively vs Model S drivers which are the opposite.

I will play it out for you since you are the typical arrogant model 3 driver: We both get on the onramp and you think you can typically punch right past me, then the utter shock on your face takes over as you can't pass me, you end up behind me as I pull away (sorry for the smoke, it runs a bit rich at full throttle). Then two things happen: The model 3 either blows past me after I slow back down to to normal speeds or stays a car length behind in the next lane while they furiously google my model to see what the hell is in it. Which one would you do? My bet is speed past me.

"Also love how people have to modify cars to beat commuter ev cars lol." - I LOVE how much this offends you, knowing you can't mod your tesla. I mean I guess you could toss out your seats...

The best part is, If I wanted to I could make it faster then a plaid. It would take about 1400hp and 30+ grand in mods, but it could be done. You however can do nothing... Your locked in, and the clock is ticking....Do you feel it? Soon geo-fenced HP limits will be here. I feel for you brother. Mod envy sounds painful.
But you’re doing all that to an old ass dinosaur. A car with no warranty, about to blow up given the miles just to prove a point you have a better top end than a commuter model 3?

Try to race a plaid then. That’s the real performance Tesla and watch elons work disappear from your sight instantly.

Not really envious when your time is almost up.

Again it’s good to be a cheerleader from the sidelines in present time because that’s all you have. Present time.

ICE worst enemy is time and ev’s best friend is that time.

Let’s revisit these discussion in one year increments. That will be fun for sure lol

Tick tock tick tock lmao

Time is running out! Haha
      12-02-2022, 02:36 PM   #134
RM7
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: Camaro SS 1LE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sophisticated Redneck View Post
As you expected? We never mentioned the track so yes of course it was about straight line captain obvious.

Sir please do take the time and show me where EV dominates in any unlimited drag race vs ICE? From top fuel drag racing to the draggy boards, ALL of the top spots are dominated by ICE with no EV's to be found.

Sure you can cherry pick the 8-9 second range but where are the 4, 5 & 6 second 1/4 mile EV's? Home built 6 & 7second ICE cars are common in drag racing now that will destroy the Rimac at a fraction of the price.

Will 6 second EV'seventually happen? Absolutely, just a matter of time. Just as adding an electric motor to the drive shaft and a mini battery pack to the 6 second ICE now takes it to 5 or lower.

Hybrid is the future for drag racing my friend, EV only will never dominate that is the fact.

Expected was a little too strong, i should have said “suspected”. I didnt know if by faster you meant track or strip. You meant strip obviously now.

Good luck trying to hold onto that in the near future…
Appreciate 0
      12-02-2022, 02:47 PM   #135
chad86tsi
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2019 BMW M760i P60 Greyblack

Quote:
Originally Posted by BGM-M3COMP View Post
Try to race a plaid then.
I could duplicate his car and mods for under $10K. A plaid is 140K+

Perhaps I could buy a model 3 long range and modify it (buy the one speed upgrade available), and that might allow me to do a thorough tail light inspection. That would still cost 4-5 times as much though.

I could also tow a boat and a load of passengers up a hill in it, or drive cross country at a drop of a hat with 5 minute fill ups the whole way.
Appreciate 0
      12-02-2022, 02:50 PM   #136
BGM-M3COMP
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by RM7 View Post
Yep, the Teslas at autoX go all day, usually 8 runs or more. But you said faster than an M3P…which i severly doubt on a track.
Wait let me buy an old ass car to modify so I can go out and beat teslas only from 100+mph because I wanna show ev is not the future!!!!

But I can’t do shit to a plaid because it’s too damn fast.
      12-02-2022, 02:54 PM   #137
BGM-M3COMP
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by chad86tsi View Post

Perhaps I could buy a model 3 long range and modify it (buy the one speed upgrade available), and that might allow me to do a thorough tail light inspection. That would still cost 4-5 times as much though.

I could also tow a boat and a load of passengers up a hill in it, or drive cross country at a drop of a hat with 5 minute fill ups the whole way.
I could do the same.

You’re still playing with thumbs trying to figure out how to beat a stock 4 door ev missile.

Times are changing. This is the future.
      12-02-2022, 03:03 PM   #138
chad86tsi
Captain
Rep

Quote:
I could do the same.

You’re still playing with thumbs trying to figure out how to beat a stock 4 door ev missile.

No, I already beat it. I'm playing with thumbs to figure out how you came to the idea you have the fastest non-stock commuter.

I guess when I think about it, I used to win every race I ever had when I commuted in my 1997 Ford Econoline 1 ton service van. Never mind the person next to me didn't know it was a race. I guess that van was pretty fast then, because I went undefeated. It was especially satisfying to look at those confused faces in my rear view mirror of school bus drivers in school zones. Some of them even seemed angry, angry at my superior speed. They just couldn't keep up.
Appreciate 1
      12-02-2022, 03:18 PM   #139
Sophisticated Redneck
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2012 BMW X5 50i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Efthreeoh View Post
Yeah man, it was a joke... alluded to BGM racing (and annihilating) his fellow morning commuters. I think it flew over your head
oh lol, my apologies then.
Appreciate 1
Efthreeoh17276.00
      12-02-2022, 03:21 PM   #140
Rono63
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: M4

Quote:
Quote:

I could do the same.

You're still playing with thumbs trying to figure out how to beat a stock 4 door ev missile.

If that's the case then why are you ordering a C8z?
Appreciate 1
Efthreeoh17276.00
      12-02-2022, 03:26 PM   #141
Sophisticated Redneck
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Wait let me buy an old ass car to modify so I can go out and beat teslas only from 100+mph because I wanna show ev is not the future!!!!

But I can’t do shit to a plaid because it’s too damn fast.
Ev's ARE the future...for drone bots going to work. Nobody is arguing that.

LOL Plaid fast? Maybe to you, but to anyone serious into drag racing, its fucking slow when compared to what is capable with ICE. Hell even the Rimac places 247th on the draggy boards and it blows a Plaid out of the water. You EV zealots have a way to go and when you get there, we will just take one of your motors and toss it in with our ICE engines and beat you all over again. Hybrid is the future my friend for racing, EV only for drone drive to work.

If you REALLY want to kill ICE, you need to make EV's FUN. Good luck with that.

(And yes that is a 1993 Nissan Pulsar that someone made faster then a Rimac) LOL
Attached Images

Last edited by Sophisticated Redneck; 12-02-2022 at 03:33 PM..
Appreciate 0
      12-02-2022, 03:43 PM   #142
BGM-M3COMP
Rep

Garage List
Right a Rimac, a 2 million dollar ev.

The Chiron of the ICE world. Let’s race a stock m340i against a Chiron!!!

Or wait a puslar you said? A gutted pos, out of warranty, fully built, will blow up after 2 passes, no power steering and no ac, no interior and did I say it looks like shit? That beat a plaid and a Rimac?

Well shit then I commend that owner for even having the right state of mind to even brag about having that to beat STOCK ev missiles.

It’s ok, the time will come soon. Until then these arguments of finding random modified ice cars that could beat or barely beat a stock ev is pretty entertaining to watch.
      12-02-2022, 03:45 PM   #143
Sophisticated Redneck
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:
But you’re doing all that to an old ass dinosaur. A car with no warranty, about to blow up given the miles just to prove a point you have a better top end than a commuter model 3?

Try to race a plaid then. That’s the real performance Tesla and watch elons work disappear from your sight instantly.

Not really envious when your time is almost up.

Again it’s good to be a cheerleader from the sidelines in present time because that’s all you have. Present time.

ICE worst enemy is time and ev’s best friend is that time.

Let’s revisit these discussion in one year increments. That will be fun for sure lol

Tick tock tick tock lmao

Time is running out! Haha
Hmm I dunno, its been modded for 84k miles now and still going. But when it does finally go, it will cost me 5k to rebuild and get another 200k miles out of it. How much does it cost to get 400k miles and 20 years out of a model 3 again? How does that battery pack hold up past 10 years?

Sure, 30k in mods and I will beat a plaid so approx. 50k total with cost of the X5. Will take the 100k I saved and depending on how I feel either invest wisely or go crazy in Vegas for weekend with finest Columbian Snow and ladies of the night....maybe both

Incorrect my friend, time is EV's worst enemy. As the numbers of EV increase, so do the catastrophic accidents. 8+ hour backups while trying to contain EV fires, idiots with 1000hp trucks plowing through cars and people, entire buildings & ships burning due to EV's will enact draconian rules and overnight your EV will be downgraded in performance. Enjoy it while it lasts. BTW electric cost increase will be 4-6 fold by 2030 so enjoy cheap electric while it lasts too.

The future my friend is you driving XXXXX EV to work each day bored out of your mind while cruising the internets trying to find a deal on a pre 2030 ICE car you can mod and have fun with on the weekends.
Appreciate 4
chad86tsi1605.00
Cos270608.50
nicholasn261.00
      12-02-2022, 03:50 PM   #144
chad86tsi
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Until then these arguments of finding random modified ice cars that could beat or barely beat a stock ev is pretty entertaining to watch.
only half as entertaining to listen to a guy that had to modify his EV to keep up in his commute.
Appreciate 0
      12-02-2022, 03:52 PM   #145
Sophisticated Redneck
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Right a Rimac, a 2 million dollar ev.

The Chiron of the ICE world. Let’s race a stock m340i against a Chiron!!!

Or wait a puslar you said? A gutted pos, out of warranty, fully built, will blow up after 2 passes, no power steering and no ac, no interior and did I say it looks like shit? That beat a plaid and a Rimac?

Well shit then I commend that owner for even having the right state of mind to even brag about having that to beat STOCK ev missiles.

It’s ok, the time will come soon. Until then these arguments of finding random modified ice cars that could beat or barely beat a stock ev is pretty entertaining to watch.
Whats entertaining is watching your cognitive dissonance and true Olympic level mental gymnastics convincing yourself EV is superiors to ICE for performance. There are countless cars (heck I just posted a full interior R8 running 7's and 190+MPH traps that would DESTROY your plaid)

EV is SLOW my friend. If you think a mid 8 second car is the fastest thing out there, you need to get out more. Let that SINK in, number 247th on the draggy board. I didn't even bother with the Plaid, it took to long to scroll down to the bottom where they are LOL!

EV's are not in the top 10, 100, or even 200!
Appreciate 2
chad86tsi1605.00
RichF90M5C1630.50
      12-02-2022, 04:00 PM   #146
BGM-M3COMP
Rep

Garage List
The plaid ran the same or better time than an m5cs, a car that went through decades of evolution just to beat a car that took 9 years to evolve into the ev monster it is.

Ev beats ice when it comes to straight line performance period. It’s already beating ice in real world driving when you consider all factors. :cough cough Tesla::

It’s amusing how you think this is siding with you when again, let’s look at the car makers each year and see what they’re doing. Let’s start looking at Ferrari and lambo etc. they’re all going ev.

Let’s revisit this thread next year this time. Then again one year after that.

This discussion isn’t a race it’s a rally.

Ev will win this rally that’s for sure lmaoo
      12-02-2022, 04:12 PM   #147
CarsAndGuitars
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2022 M240i

Quote:
The plaid ran the same or better time than an m5cs, a car that went through decades of evolution just to beat a car that took 9 years to evolve into the ev monster it is.

Ev beats ice when it comes to straight line performance period. It’s already beating ice in real world driving when you consider all factors. :cough cough Tesla::

It’s amusing how you think this is siding with you when again, let’s look at the car makers each year and see what they’re doing. Let’s start looking at Ferrari and lambo etc. they’re all going ev.

Fan motors are not new tech. They've been around as long as electricity has been harnessed, 150 years?

Yes, lets consider all factors: A 500 mile race through the Rocky mountains in February while towing a small U haul trailer. Ready, set..
      12-02-2022, 04:13 PM   #148
Sophisticated Redneck
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:

That is just a straight up LIE. EV does not even come close to ICE in staight line performance racing. I just posted the receipts, fastest EV costs 2.5 million and places 247th!!!
Stop lying to yourself my friend, its honestly getting sad at this point.

They are going hybrid NOT EV. Even Rimac next car is Hybrid. EV is boring, even 8 second EV will make you fall asleep.

Yes lets come back year after year. I will especially be here when the geo fencing comes in to rub it in your face.
Appreciate 0
      12-02-2022, 04:32 PM   #149
BGM-M3COMP
Rep

Garage List
So the rimac is faster than the plaid right?

The plaid runs 9.2.

What ICE cars run around that time and then state the price.

EV is here, it took only 9 YEARS for tesla to take their intro car, and turned it into one of the fastest production car EVER (it was THE fastest last year). Then of course lucid air which costs double, then your rimac which would be bought by NBA players or jeff bezos.

Again judging today's results is like claiming victory and calling a sports team the best team of the season after 10 games lol.

The EV prize is that championship game. And the winner will be EV.

I don't mind entertaining and killing these arguments in the meantime. But my time will shine when you see how right i am, as we visit this discussion in 1 year increments. I would say 2, just how i killed that other argument with someone else in a different section of this forum. He was proven wrong after 4 months and i gave him 2 years lol.

Let's see how long your argument lasts. I'll do 1 year to be kind. But i may entertain this again next summer

Man i can't wait!
      12-02-2022, 04:46 PM   #150
RM7
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: Camaro SS 1LE

Look at how far EVs have dug into the Pikes Peak field. Change is coming.
Appreciate 0
      12-02-2022, 05:09 PM   #151
chad86tsi
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Yes, EV's are finally catching up. They are also hitting the wall of physics.

Look how fast ICE's have improved. They too are hitting the wall of physics, but are a little more adaptable to this fact.

Your prior discussion about tracking a model 3 had me curious, so I looked up some videos. This one is interesting :

The battery starts to overheat well before the run is over and started to cut power, the brakes overheated early in, and it consumed 40% of the charge in one lap. It also was getting passed by several "lesser" ICE's, even though it had some modifications to make it more track worthy.

Some weeks ago I posted a link to an Electric GT (EV road car) race series, it was disbanded because EV's were so poorly suited to the task, the short laps made for boring racing.

https://www.theverge.com/22751453/el...s-ev-ambitions
Appreciate 0
      12-02-2022, 05:29 PM   #152
G80indy
Save the Manuals
United_States
Rep
Drives: Z3, E46, G80

Quote:
Quote:
Yes, EV's are finally catching up. They are also hitting the wall of physics.

Look how fast ICE's have improved. They too are hitting the wall of physics, but are a little more adaptable to this fact.

Your prior discussion about tracking a model 3 had me curious, so I looked up some videos. This one is interesting :

The battery starts to overheat well before the run is over and started to cut power, the brakes overheated early in, and it consumed 40% of the charge in one lap. It also was getting passed by several "lesser" ICE's, even though it had some modifications to make it more track worthy.

Some weeks ago I posted a link to an Electric GT (EV road car) race series, it was disbanded because EV's were so poorly suited to the task, the short laps made for boring racing.

https://www.theverge.com/22751453/el...s-ev-ambitions
Hey look at that !! Full circle to a Tesla catching on fire from its battery - maybe
LOL
Appreciate 1
chad86tsi1605.00
      12-02-2022, 06:08 PM   #153
Sophisticated Redneck
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:
So the rimac is faster than the plaid right?

The plaid runs 9.2.

What ICE cars run around that time and then state the price.

EV is here, it took only 9 YEARS for tesla to take their intro car, and turned it into one of the fastest production car EVER (it was THE fastest last year). Then of course lucid air which costs double, then your rimac which would be bought by NBA players or jeff bezos.

Again judging today's results is like claiming victory and calling a sports team the best team of the season after 10 games lol.

The EV prize is that championship game. And the winner will be EV.

I don't mind entertaining and killing these arguments in the meantime. But my time will shine when you see how right i am, as we visit this discussion in 1 year increments. I would say 2, just how i killed that other argument with someone else in a different section of this forum. He was proven wrong after 4 months and i gave him 2 years lol.

Let's see how long your argument lasts. I'll do 1 year to be kind. But i may entertain this again next summer

Man i can't wait!
Lol your killing nothing, you suffer from NPD my friend, your like a mini Kanye West.

You have and will always lose this argument as your foundation is flawed and you don't understand the world you speak of. When it comes to straight line performance, the future will be hybrid. Even if solid state batteries come out tomorrow, we are just going to take them and add them to our existing ICE powered cars with motors inserted into the drivetrain. In fact entire aftermarket kits are already coming for this. The torque converter is perfect to replace with a motor as well as a driveshaft intercept.

Yes let's revisit this thread every year. Think EV's might be able to get into the top 200 fastest car list in a few years? Not holding my breath though.

Your future is rolling up next to a sweet 60's muscle car hybrid, then hearing it's fire breathing engine spark up as the fear sinks in your stomach knowing he is faster then you as he already knows EXACTLY how fast you are since you can't mod your car.

Hey you didn't answer my question, what city do you live in? I need your help checking my tail lights to make sure they stay lit through the 1/4mile. My car is old and has a ton of miles on it and I need your help and your slow ass model 3 you think is God's gift to the automotive wold will give you the perfect view point.

I'll do you a solid and cover up my physical buttons and contoured leather dash since you just have a plank of wood and eBay tablet for dash, I don't want to hurt your feelings.

Last edited by Sophisticated Redneck; 12-02-2022 at 06:21 PM..
Appreciate 0
      12-02-2022, 06:14 PM   #154
Sophisticated Redneck
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Pretty disappointing considering there is zero performance impact on EV vs elevation which is the entire freaking point of pikes peak. Don't understand why anyone would brag about this.

Hey how are those 15,000 horsepower 2300lb EV dragsters coming along? Waiting for those bad boys to show up and decimate the top fuel crowd.

Your right change is coming....to our electric bills. Really looking forward to paying a dollar per kw/h.
Appreciate 0