2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10 F10 Technical Topics Wheels / Tires / Suspension / Brakes Time for Suspension Replacement

01-27-2022, 10:44 AM   #1
rssazn
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2013 F10

Time for Suspension Replacement

Anyone here recently changed out their suspension for a more "luxury" feeling? How much did it cost you? I'm over the stiff sport stuff.

TIA.
Appreciate 0
      01-27-2022, 06:44 PM   #2
cdmulders
Captain
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2013 535xi

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by rssazn View Post
Anyone here recently changed out their suspension for a more "luxury" feeling? How much did it cost you? I'm over the stiff sport stuff.
You may be the first person that I know of that has complained of their stock F10 suspension being too stiff. Then again, the stock run-flat tires do provide a harsh ride on some roads. If you are still running the run-flats (especially the original Goodyear LSTs) then I would consider upgrading to better run-flat tires or ditching them altogether for non run-flats.
Appreciate 0
      01-27-2022, 07:20 PM   #3
rssazn
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2013 F10

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdmulders View Post
You may be the first person that I know of that has complained of their stock F10 suspension being too stiff. Then again, the stock run-flat tires do provide a harsh ride on some roads. If you are still running the run-flats (especially the original Goodyear LSTs) then I would consider upgrading to better run-flat tires or ditching them altogether for non run-flats.
I ditched the run-flats long time ago. Just recently noticed on the last few drives how much bounce i'm starting to get with my stock oems. I just wanna feel like floating on a cloud going over bumps
Appreciate 0
      01-27-2022, 09:47 PM   #4
Blue Angel
Major
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2011 323i and 2016 535d

If the suspension has lots of miles and is worn out, why not just replace it with original (or equivalent) parts?

The stock F10 suspension is pretty darn soft, and would actually ride better over larger bumps with slightly firmer dampers… the stock dampers lack body control and the ability to properly soak up large bumps. In my opinion, of course.

A conspiracy to upsell people on the active dampers I think!
Appreciate 0