2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10 F10 Technical Topics Navigation, iDrive, Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Phone, Coding CIC crashes and related problems

05-29-2019, 03:15 PM   #1
craigcochrane
Rep
Drives: 2011 F10 535 MSport

CIC crashes and related problems

I have a 2011 F10 535:

I have the Carly App and OBD adapter for coding. I have coded multiple features and had no issues.

About 2 months ago I took the car in for warranty repairs and I believe they updated the software.

After that I started having CIC crashes that seemed to coincide with using the Cruise Control. The dash info screen would flicker and then the central display would flicker or die completely and reboot.

It has progressively gotten worse and now includes errors like "Steering Behavior Changed" or "Chasis Stabilization" errors and I can feel the steering pump go out and come back.

I feel like it is a coding/new software issue, but it might be more than 1 problem.

Any ideas on the cause or how to correct it?

When the Dealership upgraded the software, would it wipe out the coding that was there (it didn't seem to) so that I could just reload the original files and undo all the coding, or would that just introduce more things the new software doesn't like?
Appreciate 0
      05-29-2019, 05:11 PM   #2
ezaircon4jc
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 540i M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by craigcochrane View Post
I have a 2011 F10 535:

I have the Carly App and OBD adapter for coding. I have coded multiple features and had no issues.

About 2 months ago I took the car in for warranty repairs and I believe they updated the software.

After that I started having CIC crashes that seemed to coincide with using the Cruise Control. The dash info screen would flicker and then the central display would flicker or die completely and reboot.

It has progressively gotten worse and now includes errors like "Steering Behavior Changed" or "Chasis Stabilization" errors and I can feel the steering pump go out and come back.

I feel like it is a coding/new software issue, but it might be more than 1 problem.

Any ideas on the cause or how to correct it?

When the Dealership upgraded the software, would it wipe out the coding that was there (it didn't seem to) so that I could just reload the original files and undo all the coding, or would that just introduce more things the new software doesn't like?
Depending on the modules that the dealer updated, yes and no. Sounds like something got screwed-up in the dealer's update.
Appreciate 0