2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10 F10 Technical Topics Navigation, iDrive, Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Phone, Coding Coded 6NR but very underwhelmed with its functionality..

05-06-2019, 09:20 PM   #1
starlights
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: G05 50i

Coded 6NR but very underwhelmed with its functionality..

Coded 6NR option but very disappointed with its limited functionality. Perhaps someone who else has coded 6NR can help me set my expectation?

I have the phone cradle. To start any app I have to start the connected drive app on the phone (PITA when the phone is in the center cradle) and then the app that I want to use (such as TuneIn, Audible etc). Only one app shows up on the iDrive at one time. If I want to change from one app to another, I have to do it on the phone first before it shows up on the iDrive.

In the past I had briefly (for a few hours) got the BMW online activated and while I didnt get much time to play with it, I saw weather, news etc.

I was expecting 6NR option to be better than it turned out to be. Its easier to play the app on the phone and connect via BT to play the audio...

Can anyone share your experience? Am I missing something?
Appreciate 0