2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10 BMW 5-Series (F10) Forums General 5-Series Sedan and Wagon (F10 / F11) Forum f82/f83 M3/M4 steering wheel on LCI-F10 with sport package

06-12-2019, 11:18 AM   #1
Klerin
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 550i M-sport

does anyone knows if this will work? I have been searching for a while now, one hour here, one hour there, and I was pretty set on the conclusion that it will not work because of the spindle size, but then I found this:

https://motowey.com/products/bmw-m-p...steering-wheel

and, well, uhm.. I'm just so confused.

worth mentioning two things; 1) every post I found, the person was trying to retrofit the steering wheel to get the updated look, I just want to swap it because the leather on mine is bad, and me getting excited with the magic eraser did NOT make things better. 2) I found a brand new M3/M4 steering wheel for $200

any help would be greatly appreciated!!

PS: First post on this forum, other than inquiring for items at the marketplace. I don't even know if my post is in the right place. sorry, I have forum-anxiety.. it's a thing.
Appreciate 2
Zippyd0.00
      06-12-2019, 03:39 PM   #2
wcr3d
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2013 535i XDrive M Sport

So you are thinking since they list several series of is one fits all?
More than likely they have bases for each.
If you want to double check, get your part number or look up the M part number and to to www.realoem.com .
Search that number and it should list cross compatibility.

Also, there are places that will rewrap your wheel.
Appreciate 1
Klerin106.00
      06-12-2019, 05:03 PM   #3
Klerin
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by wcr3d View Post
So you are thinking since they list several series of is one fits all?
More than likely they have bases for each.
If you want to double check, get your part number or look up the M part number and to to www.realoem.com .
Search that number and it should list cross compatibility.

Also, there are places that will rewrap your wheel.
Yeah I thought of that but I tried to go through with the transaction and it never gave me the option to choose between chassis. I am also aware that this company could be wrong/shady. I am just looking for someone to tell me it's a good ide to purchase that cheap and new steering wheel

part numbers are different but that could be because as others have mentioned in other threads, the 3 series/4 series use a wheel that is smaller in diameter, which I would not mind, since I think that would mean a slightly (of at all noticeable) steering feel. I can't find concrete info in this topic, as far a lci goes.

I thought about a wrapped wheel, but there are may things that I am not sold on, like the finish being sub-part (at least from some posts I've seen), the fact that someone mentioned heated feature doesn't work as well, possibly because heat is being dissipated through a larger area, and the fact that I'd probably have to ship it somewhere.

seems like I am at a loss and I'll have to bite the bullet and pay $800 for a new steering wheel.
Appreciate 0
      06-12-2019, 05:11 PM   #4
wcr3d
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2013 535i XDrive M Sport

I'm not talking about a cover over wrap, they strip the wheel and put a new one layer on.
Appreciate 1
Klerin106.00
      06-12-2019, 05:54 PM   #5
Klerin
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by wcr3d View Post
I'm not talking about a cover over wrap, they strip the wheel and put a new one layer on.
ah, yes, I read about that too and apparently there is high chance of the heating element getting destroyed since it's just a thin layer of... copper, I assume, since I can't remember for sure, but I do remember another member having the same issue.

Thanks for all the input!
Appreciate 1