2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10 BIMMERPOST Universal Forums General Automotive (non-BMW) Talk + Photos/Videos Tesla - no thanks!

11-26-2022, 07:34 AM   #67
CarsAndGuitars
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2022 M240i

Quote:
Originally Posted by BGM-M3COMP View Post
This isn’t the 90s or the 2000s. Car makers build their performance cars that will exceed any of the buyers capabilities.

How many proven studies have shown that in the multi billion dollar business of modifying cars more often than not and the number is probably staggering that when people modify their car it makes the car WORSE. Or you can pay a shop to do the work and claim “my car was built not bought” lmao. And lose your warranty in the process. Worry about noises, engine blowing up, tune being right and all that bullshit to your expensive car just to go 1 more second faster in the 1/4 lol.

These ev’s will all soon be 11, 10 or 9 second 0-60 daily drivers because horsepower will be regulated and rationed..
that give you full confidence of not only being safe with the latest tech, but the all wheel drive and the fierce urgency of going fast because of the electric motors.

Imagine daily driving a 9 second car with a warranty.

Yeah that’s a plaid.
FIFY
Appreciate 2
Cos270608.50
Efthreeoh17164.50
      11-26-2022, 07:51 AM   #68
BGM-M3COMP
The Ben Shapiro of this place. I never lose! LOL
Rep
Drives: 12 plaids on order

Garage List
Just like today, there will be tiers.

Soccer mom suv will be 13 second cars. Higher performance models will be 11 seconds and those hyper models, of whatever variant will be 9 or even faster.

The future is exciting!
      11-26-2022, 09:25 AM   #69
Burrcold
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2024 M3 Comp xDrive

Quote:
This isn’t the 90s or the 2000s. Car makers build their performance cars that will exceed any of the buyers capabilities.

How many proven studies have shown that in the multi billion dollar business of modifying cars more often than not and the number is probably staggering that when people modify their car it makes the car WORSE. Or you can pay a shop to do the work and claim “my car was built not bought” lmao. And lose your warranty in the process. Worry about noises, engine blowing up, tune being right and all that bullshit to your expensive car just to go 1 more second faster in the 1/4 lol.

These ev’s will all soon be 11, 10 or 9 second daily drivers that give you full confidence of not only being safe with the latest tech, but the all wheel drive and the fierce urgency of going fast because of the electric motors.

Imagine daily driving a 9 second car with a warranty.

Yeah that’s a plaid.
I'm absolutely done with you. Your responses are so nonsensical it makes my brain bleed. Enjoy your EV.
gatorfast4991.50
      11-26-2022, 11:08 AM   #70
G MONEY
Major
Rep
Drives: 2017 458/ YAS m4

Quote:
Just like today, there will be tiers.

Soccer mom suv will be 13 second cars. Higher performance models will be 11 seconds and those hyper models, of whatever variant will be 9 or even faster.

The future is exciting!
Yawn X4
Appreciate 3
gatorfast4991.50
Efthreeoh17164.50
      11-26-2022, 03:28 PM   #71
G80indy
Save the Manuals
United_States
Rep
Drives: Z3, E46, G80

You guys - don't feed the troll- nor permit takeover of the thread— it's his M.O.

Anyways….
The reason I love my G80 M3 manual is
Well…
It's a manual !
And ….
I know that it will have the same performance when I start it up in 10 years.
The performance won't have degraded. This is a huge factor for me because it's a Fairweather car and I take it out when I want to,
When the weather is perfect — nothing but smiles on my face.

I would never consider an EV because the battery bank starts to degrade as soon as you park in the garage. The battery levels over time degrade and there's nothing anyone can say to change that. No long novel-like thread replies.

Long live fossil fuels. 😉💪🏻
Appreciate 0
      11-26-2022, 05:58 PM   #72
RM7
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: Camaro SS 1LE

Quote:
Originally Posted by 330indy View Post
I would never consider an EV because the battery bank starts to degrade as soon as you park in the garage. The battery levels over time degrade and there's nothing anyone can say to change that. No long novel-like thread replies.

Long live fossil fuels. 😉💪🏻
Wow, that sounds like your intake manifold with DI
Appreciate 0
      11-26-2022, 06:29 PM   #73
G80indy
Save the Manuals
United_States
Rep

Only in a car that's not well-maintained. I doubt M owners would let that happen.
Is your Camaro or Stinger DI ?
Appreciate 0
      11-26-2022, 07:45 PM   #74
Red Bread
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Smog machines

Quote:
Only in a car that's not well-maintained. I doubt M owners would let that happen.
Is your Camaro or Stinger DI ?
Do you really not know the answer? It's weird that you can be a BMW enthusiast and think that the average BMW owner knows anything about carbon buildup but not know if other cars have DI. Hint, they do.
Appreciate 0
      11-26-2022, 08:28 PM   #75
chad86tsi
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2019 BMW M760i P60 Greyblack

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Bread View Post
Do you really not know the answer? It's weird that you can be a BMW enthusiast and think that the average BMW owner knows anything about carbon buildup but not know if other cars have DI. Hint, they do.

Did you miss the sarcasm/irony?
Appreciate 0
      11-26-2022, 08:30 PM   #76
G80indy
Save the Manuals
United_States
Rep

He Sure did
Appreciate 0
      11-26-2022, 10:00 PM   #77
Red Bread
Major General
United_States
Rep

It is the internet.
Appreciate 0
      11-27-2022, 03:22 AM   #78
RM7
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: Camaro SS 1LE

Quote:
Well, the stinger has port injection, so it doesnt have the DI-only issue that a lot of engines have. The camaro has a stock catch can on one side, but really should have both to avoid the issue, or port like the stinger and mustang. Bmw, like others, only cares about the car getting past the warranty period.

I seriously doubt the majority or even a good % of M owners blast/clear their intake manifold every 10 or 20k.
Appreciate 2
Cos270608.50
BGM-M3COMP2328.00
      11-27-2022, 10:30 AM   #79
G80indy
Save the Manuals
United_States
Rep

One thing about Tesla that's appealing is the low maintenance.

Re DI
Buildup on the back of valves is also from oil mist. Lack of routine oil changes - letting the oil get really dirty.
Only put VPower in the tank
Change oil often

YMMV
it doesn't keep me up at night that's for sure.
ICE trade offs are well worth it for the sound, feeling and emotion.
Don't want an expensive golf cart.
Not to mention the farcical lies of EVs being green —
Appreciate 2
      11-27-2022, 11:39 AM   #80
Red Bread
Major General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
One thing about Tesla that's appealing is the low maintenance.

Re DI
Buildup on the back of valves is also from oil mist. Lack of routine oil changes - letting the oil get really dirty.
Only put VPower in the tank
Change oil often

YMMV
it doesn't keep me up at night that's for sure.
ICE trade offs are well worth it for the sound, feeling and emotion.
Don't want an expensive golf cart.
Not to mention the farcical lies of EVs being green —
Good grief. The farcical lies just happen to be true, full life cycle. Most EVs break even around 30k miles and unless you live in West Virginia, charging is cleaner too. Oil extraction isn't a clean, easy process either and the hope of solid state batteries would really swing this into an even easier argument.

Full disclosure, I drive a manual VW and have one that gets even worse mileage on order.
Appreciate 0
      11-27-2022, 11:53 AM   #81
Red Bread
Major General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Efthreeoh View Post
Quote:
Good grief. The farcical lies just happen to be true, full life cycle. Most EVs break even around 30k miles and unless you live in West Virginia, charging is cleaner too. Oil extraction isn't a clean, easy process either and the hope of solid state batteries would really swing this into an even easier argument.

Full disclosure, I drive a manual VW and have one that gets even worse mileage on order.
Wait, 30,000 mile break even? (need to show the math on that statistic) And what, West Virginia?
West Virginia is all coal, hard to charge an EV on coal and claim you're clean. Texas is still about 15% coal, so it's a longer payoff down here too, without reverting to solar, which, of course, has its own life cycle issues.

There are a number of independent white papers on full life cycle comparisons, this is a link to one example. One factor to consider too is that the US hasn't built a new refinery in forty five years and the annual costs of upkeep on those old things is continuing to rise. Of course we also but quite a bit of refined gas and diesel too, but even international refineries are nearly as old. There have been large investments in new facilities for biodiesel and SAF, but as yet, only Porsche is really doing any significant work on synthetic unleaded.

https://arstechnica.com/cars/2021/07...tudy-confirms/
Appreciate 0
      11-27-2022, 12:03 PM   #82
Red Bread
Major General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
West Virginia is all coal, hard to charge an EV on coal and claim you're clean. Texas is still about 15% coal, so it's a longer payoff down here too.
Ah, you were talking green. LOL. I thought you were discussing cost payback. Makes sense since WV produces a lot of coal...

There are sources on the net that say EV green (carbon) payback is more like 120,000 miles. I'm not going to argue the point; it's the internet.
Statistics are always dubious. I do find that many studies that list longer payoffs tend to discount the cost of oil extraction and delivery, but it's certainly a grey area just as EV charging sources are.
Appreciate 0
      11-27-2022, 12:03 PM   #83
BGM-M3COMP
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Burrcold View Post
I'm absolutely done with you. Your responses are so nonsensical it makes my brain bleed. Enjoy your EV.
You never had anything to begin with lol.

I have shitted on every piece of argument anyone has thrown.

The end result is rather simple.

2030+ you WILL SEE EV's fully take over. It doesn't even matter what is more green, what will sell more, what looks better, what has better tech.

2 facts.

Tesla is NUMBER ONE NOW. And will be for many years to come. I suspect car makers to finally catch up to it in 6-8 years. But by then tesla will also step their game up.

2030+, you WILL see a gigantic swing in EV vs ICE on the road. As each year that passes the EV fleet of every car maker grows and the option for ICE becomes LESS.

Anything else you think about my "nonsensical" posts mean nothing other than it's a failed attempt at trying to hurt my feelings. They can't be hurt, because i am not wrong now, and i won't be wrong in the future.
      11-27-2022, 12:28 PM   #84
Cos270
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2015 M235i

Garage List
2015 F22 M235i  [0.00]
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Burrcold View Post
You never had anything to begin with lol.

I have shitted on every piece of argument anyone has thrown.

The end result is rather simple.

2030+ you WILL SEE EV's fully take over. It doesn't even matter what is more green, what will sell more, what looks better, what has better tech.

2 facts.

Tesla is NUMBER ONE NOW. And will be for many years to come. I suspect car makers to finally catch up to it in 6-8 years. But by then tesla will also step their game up.

2030+, you WILL see a gigantic swing in EV vs ICE on the road. As each year that passes the EV fleet of every car maker grows and the option for ICE becomes LESS.

Anything else you think about my "nonsensical" posts mean nothing other than it's a failed attempt at trying to hurt my feelings. They can't be hurt, because i am not wrong now, and i won't be wrong in the future.
Truly spoken like someone who "loves to debate".
Appreciate 0
      11-27-2022, 12:55 PM   #85
G MONEY
Major
Rep
Drives: 2017 458/ YAS m4

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Wait, 30,000 mile break even? (need to show the math on that statistic) And what, West Virginia?
West Virginia is all coal, hard to charge an EV on coal and claim you're clean. Texas is still about 15% coal, so it's a longer payoff down here too, without reverting to solar, which, of course, has its own life cycle issues.

There are a number of independent white papers on full life cycle comparisons, this is a link to one example. One factor to consider too is that the US hasn't built a new refinery in forty five years and the annual costs of upkeep on those old things is continuing to rise. Of course we also but quite a bit of refined gas and diesel too, but even international refineries are nearly as old. There have been large investments in new facilities for biodiesel and SAF, but as yet, only Porsche is really doing any significant work on synthetic unleaded.

https://arstechnica.com/cars/2021/07...tudy-confirms/
There are big investments now on the old ones to produce more and start units back up. ( Thanks Biden ) LOL. Can't live without yet and for a long time. Of course they are expensive to maintain, but they are also having billion dollar Qtr earnings. They are ok. Lol
Appreciate 1
Red Bread4463.00
      11-27-2022, 01:15 PM   #86
Red Bread
Major General
United_States
Rep

Haha, yeah, they'll be fine. They're also behind a lot of the non Tesla charging networks and working hard to at least green wash their image.
Appreciate 0
      11-27-2022, 03:11 PM   #87
BGM-M3COMP
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cos270 View Post
Truly spoken like someone who "loves to debate".
Discussions are always fun, when there's good input on both sides.

On this forum, it's pretty predictable.

BMW or nothing. OR, if non BMW, then it's porsche or nothing.

EV's? They all suck. They'll never work. They're harmful to the environment, no soul yada yada yada.

Teslas? Wait a minute. I like the EV6 GT!!! AMAZING EV!! I told my wife we need one of those. They're amazing. Great EV!

Oh wait i'm not supposed to like EV. Wait why are we even talking about a car that's not a BMW?

Great i don't know what is the meaning to these posts now.

^^^^ That right there is the sum of how most people post on this forum.

Too fucking easy to read. That is why i crush these debates. Lots of smart dudes on this forum for sure. But when it comes to debates, y'all are terrible lol
      11-27-2022, 03:14 PM   #88
chad86tsi
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2019 BMW M760i P60 Greyblack

Quote:
Discussions are always fun, when there's good input on both sides.

On this forum, it's pretty predictable.

BMW or nothing. OR, if non BMW, then it's porsche or nothing.

EV's? They all suck. They'll never work. They're harmful to the environment, no soul yada yada yada.

Teslas? Wait a minute. I like the EV6 GT!!! AMAZING EV!! I told my wife we need one of those. They're amazing. Great EV!

Oh wait i'm not supposed to like EV. Wait why are we even talking about a car that's not a BMW?

Great i don't know what is the meaning to these posts now.

^^^^ That right there is the sum of how most people post on this forum.

Too fucking easy to read. That is why i crush these debates. Lots of smart dudes on this forum for sure. But when it comes to debates, y'all are terrible lol
Do you live on a farm? I can't figure out where you get all that straw to build your strammen arguments from.
Appreciate 3
Cos270608.50
Burrcold5208.50
G80indy1714.00