2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10 BMW 5-Series (F10) Forums Regional Forums UK Views on Carwow/Broadspeed/similar

07-26-2017, 10:52 AM   #1
en1gma
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: G03 X3

Views on Carwow/Broadspeed/similar

My company's car scheme is ending - just as my current company car term is also nearing the end...

I'm not sure whether to go for a new 5-series or one that is up to 3 years old. Yes, with the latter it is possible to get a very decent specification - including 530/535d engines which we'll probably not see again in the near future... But as I will be financing, it looks to be better to get a new car as they tend to have more deals.

So, I've discovered that Carwow do more than just video reviews and have got offers with 10-15% discount from BMW dealers through that channel, including builds to my spec, not just on stock already available.

Would Broadspeed be any better? Even if similar price wise, just wondering if actual user experience of one is better than the other? Anyone else I should be looking at?

Secondly, BMW are offering just under 4k GBP deposit contribution, which the dealers via Carwow appear to include within their offers. Is it likely that a dealer will get close to, or even beat, the overall Carwow offers?

Unfortunately I cannot wait until the end of the quarter/ until i hear of another 'VIP event' as my car goes back in August (unless I go the secondhand route) - I'm one of the few caught out by my company's sudden decision re company cars!
Appreciate 0
      07-26-2017, 04:22 PM   #2
nsa100
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: G31 540i & G30 540i M Sport

Try coast to coast.

https://www.coast2coastcars.co.uk

They have best discount, providing you take BMW Finance, which their discount takes into account.

You spec it how you want and a dealer will get in touch.

My local dealer matched it by the way.
Appreciate 0
      07-26-2017, 06:12 PM   #3
en1gma
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by nsa100 View Post
Try coast to coast.

https://www.coast2coastcars.co.uk

They have best discount, providing you take BMW Finance, which their discount takes into account.

You spec it how you want and a dealer will get in touch.

My local dealer matched it by the way.
Thanks - will check them out also.

Found another thread in the G30 forums (about 5 pages in, via the iPhone app) on a similar theme, which also mentions Coast2Coast. I do prefer the layout of the Carwow site, though.

Interesting to hear your local dealer matched their quote...
Appreciate 0
      07-26-2017, 06:31 PM   #4
morellomax
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2022 M440i xDrive convertible

Broadspeed have the best headline discounts of the brokers, followed by coast2coast, with carwow some way behind. Carwow's site is great but having tested them across several makes I've found them generally more expensive than these other 2 or (my usual favourite for non-BMW orders) drivethedeal.

Some reasonable prices on nearly new G30s starting to appear. May do a deal on one tomorrow.

Sytner dealers are offering 2k contribution on used car finance but the APR is 10.9% and their headline prices aren't always the best.

Or you could buy my fantastic F10 535d if you can arrange finance elsewhere !
Appreciate 0
      07-27-2017, 04:22 AM   #5
nsa100
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep

My Dealer matched Coast to Coast (£10K disc) on a new G31 with finance at 3.9%.

You can buy my 535D F11 if you wish

http://f10.5post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=910988
Appreciate 0
      07-27-2017, 06:13 AM   #6
en1gma
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by nsa100 View Post
My Dealer matched Coast to Coast (10K disc) on a new G31 with finance at 3.9%.

You can buy my 535D F11 if you wish

http://f10.5post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=910988
That's a lovely car...
Appreciate 0
      07-27-2017, 06:17 AM   #7
en1gma
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by morellomax View Post
Broadspeed have the best headline discounts of the brokers, followed by coast2coast, with carwow some way behind. Carwow's site is great but having tested them across several makes I've found them generally more expensive than these other 2 or (my usual favourite for non-BMW orders) drivethedeal.

Some reasonable prices on nearly new G30s starting to appear. May do a deal on one tomorrow.

Sytner dealers are offering 2k contribution on used car finance but the APR is 10.9% and their headline prices aren't always the best.

Or you could buy my fantastic F10 535d if you can arrange finance elsewhere !
Is it the same that they will mail you back with an offer?

The way the Broadspeed site is, it looks like they post the typical discount upfront, which you then apply for... which looked less than I had been offered to date.

Maybe I will register with them anyway and see what happens.
Appreciate 0
      07-27-2017, 03:09 PM   #8
JLR1969
Major General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: Kubota GR1600

Coast2Coast or Drive the deal
Appreciate 0
      07-28-2017, 03:15 AM   #9
nsa100
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep

With Coast to Coast you fill in your info on the website and a dealer contacts you direct who does the offer and sale direct to you based on coast to coast figures.

I tried it on Coast to Coast and the dealer even brought a demo car to my house to try. Very easy.
Appreciate 0
      08-01-2017, 01:34 PM   #10
Balster
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW G30 530d MSport xDrive

Drive the Deal, my dealer matched them. Most dealers will match internet brokers, after all they all buy the cars from BMW at the same price. Then start playing off dealers against each other until there is only one left - do it via email, I did.

G30 530d M Sport xdrive, Adaptive Drive and with all of the important options.
Appreciate 0
      08-20-2017, 01:23 PM   #11
en1gma
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep

Finally pulled the trigger and surprisingly Carwow was the cheapest... c19% off list. Got a build slot in September also.

DrivetheDeal were good but the dealer from Coast2Coast didn't really do it for me. I suppose that is the luck of the draw based on where I live and the cars/spec I was looking at.

An interesting experience (first time I've used online brokers) and for people who know what they want, a no-brainer to at least explore.
Appreciate 0
      08-21-2017, 08:05 AM   #12
morellomax
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2022 M440i xDrive convertible

Good to know. Maybe carwow have teamed up with a more competitive dealer now, or maybe they've just worked out why they weren't getting the volumes !

Carwow seems to have some serious private equity backers pouring a lot of money in. I'll be interested to see whether the model can be profitable enough to justify the investment long term.
Appreciate 0
      08-21-2017, 11:45 AM   #13
en1gma
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by morellomax View Post
Good to know. Maybe carwow have teamed up with a more competitive dealer now, or maybe they've just worked out why they weren't getting the volumes !

Carwow seems to have some serious private equity backers pouring a lot of money in. I'll be interested to see whether the model can be profitable enough to justify the investment long term.
Offers from the different dealers in Carwow varied significantly... they show you five (I think the first five who reply) and in my case two were very good, the others not so.
Appreciate 0
      06-15-2022, 09:41 AM   #14
en1gma
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep

Going through my forum and saw this old thread and thought I'd give an update some 4/5 years later!

Decided on an hybrid X3 to replace the 5 series. When I was looking last September-ish, carwow were not showing any offers on the X3 so ended up using Coast2Coast. Got a decent discount and what was originally a sharp build date, but that went out the window and was delayed from November to end of January.

Like my previous experience with Coast2coast, only one dealer was offered - this time they were OK to deal with. Didn't even have to deal with a Business Manager, the online sales rep did everything.

There were no BMWs at all on DriveTheDeal.

Overall, had a good experience twice now going via such brokers as opposed to direct to the dealer and will consider them again in the future.
Appreciate 0