2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10 F10 Technical Topics Wash, Wax, Detailing and Cosmetic protection/repairs hood and trunk emblem different?

10-28-2020, 10:15 AM   #1
kennf10
Private
Indonesia
Rep
Drives: 2013 528i

hood and trunk emblem different?

just did an emblem changed to all black. trunk fit perfectly but the hood is my problem. when i took it off, there is no holes for the grommet or whatsoever, its just some sort of plastic sealent that holds the roundels. i have the non msport bumper.

anyone else have the same problem? how to solve the hood one? tried to cut the thingy for the grommets but still wont fit on the hood
Appreciate 0
      05-27-2021, 10:15 PM   #2
RJV3
Customize Everything!
United_States
Rep
Drives: 17 F06 Gran Coupe/ 16 F10 535

Quote:
Originally Posted by kennf10 View Post
just did an emblem changed to all black. trunk fit perfectly but the hood is my problem. when i took it off, there is no holes for the grommet or whatsoever, its just some sort of plastic sealent that holds the roundels. i have the non msport bumper.

anyone else have the same problem? how to solve the hood one? tried to cut the thingy for the grommets but still wont fit on the hood
I know the hood and trunk emblems are different sizes. JB Speed sells some good quality roundels which is where I got my black and white one. Depending on the color of your car, you can order some color matched vynly stickers and affix onto the roundels. My car is black sapphire metallic. I changed the roundels to black and white and bought the floating center caps and put the color matched Vynl stickers on them. Great combo.
Appreciate 0