2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10 BMW 5-Series (F10) Forums F10 / F11 5-Series Photos - Video - Media Help and recommendations for Mods

06-30-2019, 12:15 AM   #1
Mmoon024
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW 535ixdrivei xdrive

Lightbulb Help and recommendations for Mods

Daily driver with ~64k miles. It’s a 2015 bmw 535ix. Currently installed is a K&N intake and an Eisenmann performance quad race exhaust.

I want a CPO M550(v8), but a Kbb trade in value of $19k is insulting for my car. Figure I would mod and enjoy it a few more years.

Bootmod 535 Flash tune + Free Enet Cable + All Maps
VRSF F Chassis 535 Race Intercooler
VRSF F10 535 Charge Pipe
VRSF F10 535 Downpipe Catless 4"

Is this overkill? Catless or Catted downpipe? How would I be able to pass emissions test? Looking for quote for install and other suggestions.

Thanks you, Michael
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      07-22-2019, 11:46 PM   #2
destruct007
Private
Rep
Drives: 2013 535i M-Sport

I see your not getting a lot of traction with your question. Its hard to say. I'm conservative. I don't want the headache of no cats, but I also live in CA. I also didn't buy this car for speed, or rather acceleration.
If your budget is $1500ish, I don't think you're going to get a lot of bang for your buck. That said I'm also talking out my a$$. lol. I watch a lot of review but other than that I'm no expert. But what I gather from reviews and looking at power curves, its just meh (at the sub $5k level). I think you can get more and how much is enough or what is more you each person is going to be different. Some people care more about the sound, others the look, others pure performance.

I'd also say make mistakes. Go for it if you feel this will give you a few more years of enjoyment out of the car. Don't pass inspection so what, so back put the cats back in undo some things and pass. Worst case its inconvenient and what, $500 more?
Appreciate 0
      07-23-2019, 01:20 PM   #3
kanecvl
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 15 535d

I'd say get the catted downpipe because the smell of catless will give it away at the time for inspection. That being said I don't think your list is overkill and will and some more enjoyment to driving the car.