2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10 BMW 5-Series (F10) Forums F10 / F11 5-Series Photos - Video - Media My New 2011 550I M-Sport 90K Miles & Route 66 Extended Warranty 3YR/36K

02-19-2017, 09:49 PM   #1
ClasickTV
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 G80 Comp BG/YasMarina

My New 2011 550I M-Sport 90K Miles & Route 66 Extended Warranty 3YR/36K

Some shots I did with my Panasonic Gh4 & 12-35mm Native Lumix Lens, and a little editing in Lightroom.

I upgraded, in my book from a 435i, to this gem of a well maintained 2011 550i with 90K, I understand the deprecation with our wonderful vehicles however I got this puppy on a steal. I decided to go thru PenFed Credit union with a Route 66 Main Street coverage for 36K/3YR Extended on my 90K. The car has a full detailed print out of everything done including the CCP back in 2015, and all work was done at a certified BMW Fields Dealership. The car has no issues as of the 3rd day, so far, and by all means the car is superior in every way. The upgrade of every option almost in the entertainment and seats are far phenomenal then my 2014 435i. The active & comfort seats, are quite amazing. The m-sport it self is quite astonishing as what it does to the F10 in general when it comes to aesthetics and performance at least in the suspension. The wheels, and suspension are a nice pair especially with the upgraded aerodynamics kit.

I paired it with the route 66 for piece of mind, I have read about the common issues our N63 runs into, but *Knock on Wood* I have yet to experience anything. Please let me know if there is issues that are common, that I should check for as buying a used 2011 550i. The car was meticulously taken care for.

As I do more research and meet some more F10 owners in the Local FL Area, ill decide to upgrade and tinker with all the bells and whistles, until then here is some pics as promised.

Last edited by ClasickTV; 02-19-2017 at 09:57 PM..
Appreciate 0
      02-19-2017, 10:33 PM   #2
5eries619
Private
Rep
Drives: 528i x drive

Nice score for a 2011 that looks super clean!! Someone loved that car and they took very good care of it; at least from the exterior.
Appreciate 0
      02-19-2017, 10:39 PM   #3
Clasick13
Private
Rep
Drives: BMW M Sport - 550i

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5eries619 View Post
Nice score for a 2011 that looks super clean!! Someone loved that car and they took very good care of it; at least from the exterior.
I will post some interior shots here soon, it looks 10/10 inside as well. Very good care is an understatement, i've just gotta up keep it cause she is a beauty.
Appreciate 0
      02-20-2017, 12:14 AM   #4
xxpanipuri
Major
Rep
Drives: 550i

Nice ride! Looks great and congrats!

BTW I used to work for West Marine Corp HQ here in NorCal....

I rolled out back in 2003 the exchange environment for in store email, as well as the back end payment processing systems that all happened through our NorCal Data Centers...
Appreciate 0
      02-20-2017, 02:18 AM   #5
.BMW.
Major General
Sweden
Rep
Drives: BMW F11/F31

Congrats on a beautiful F10!
Appreciate 0
      02-20-2017, 04:45 AM   #6
lsturbointeg
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 535i Jet Black

Congrats! She's a beauty!
~F90Conversion~21"3Piece Forged AvantGardeWheels~KWV1Coilovers~CQUENCE slotted/drilled rotors~GoodridgeStainlesslines~MeisterschaftQuadEx haust~Akrapovic 4"tips~VRSF DP~VRSF CP~TurboSmart BOV~K&N filter~CarbonFiberExteriorComponents~GladenAlphaCo mponents~MatchUp7BMW~Punch P300-12T~
Follow me on Instagram: lsturbointeg
Appreciate 0
      02-20-2017, 05:05 AM   #7
AWF87M2
Major
Rep
Drives: BMW

Congrats. Since you have a 2011 M sport like me I would also keep an eye out for the Active Roll Stabilization system that is part of the DHP. BMW bundled this option along with the M sport package for the first year 535i/550 making the package roughly $6500. BMW later took the packages apart from 12-16. These systems are known to leak hydraulic fluid so I would keep an eye out for any signs of fluid spills on the garage floor.
Appreciate 1
      02-20-2017, 08:18 AM   #8
bake
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 F10, 2013 E93

Beautiful car, congrats! Next time, post larger pics.
Appreciate 1
      02-20-2017, 10:11 AM   #9
Ickdeep
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: '13 F10 M5 | '15 F15 X5

Garage List
2015 BMW X5  [10.00]
2013 BMW M5 [SOLD]  [10.00]
2013 BMW 535i [SOLD]  [10.00]
Welcome and congratz!

And there is plently of mods that will keep you busy for a while.
Appreciate 1
      02-20-2017, 10:31 AM   #10
ClasickTV
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by AWF87M2 View Post
Congrats. Since you have a 2011 M sport like me I would also keep an eye out for the Active Roll Stabilization system that is part of the DHP. BMW bundled this option along with the M sport package for the first year 535i/550 making the package roughly $6500. BMW later took the packages apart from 12-16. These systems are known to leak hydraulic fluid so I would keep an eye out for any signs of fluid spills on the garage floor.
Thanks for that brother, I will def keep an eye out.

Also thanks for all the love guys, excited to join the F10 club!

Things I will do as the pocket allows me too, as follows would be:

Suspension either Coilovers or H&R Springs.

Wheels 20x__ either deep concave or have my Work VS-XX re lipped and fitted.

Diffuser for the msport rear and maybe a front lip with carbon fiber rear spoiler.

An exhaust of some sort not sure which route yet, something suttle yet can be awaken. Lol

I think with all that it should be me busy and motivated.

I also plan on selling my condo and moving into a house. So all my goals are being worked into 2017, with that being said thanks again everyone for all the comments and hopefully you can see the journey as I progress with the F10.
Appreciate 0
      02-20-2017, 04:44 PM   #11
ezaircon4jc
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 540i M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by xxpanipuri View Post
Nice ride! Looks great and congrats!

BTW I used to work for West Marine Corp HQ here in NorCal....

I rolled out back in 2003 the exchange environment for in store email, as well as the back end payment processing systems that all happened through our NorCal Data Centers...
My son still works there; order desk. Watsonville, yes??
Appreciate 0
      02-20-2017, 05:43 PM   #12
AWF87M2
Major
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClasickTV View Post
Quote:

Diffuser for the msport rear and maybe a front lip with carbon fiber rear spoiler.

An exhaust of some sort not sure which route yet, something suttle yet can be awaken. Lol

I also plan on selling my condo and moving into a house. So all my goals are being worked into 2017, with that being said thanks again everyone for all the comments and hopefully you can see the journey as I progress with the F10.
I would stay away from coilovers just because you have ddc and ars, even if you were to disable to edc the ars system would eventually throw a fault code from the coils. The best option for those with dhp is Dinan shockware flash + ACS springs, I would stay away from H&R springs as they tend to ride harsh from the high spring rates.
Appreciate 1
      02-20-2017, 06:06 PM   #13
ClasickTV
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

I would stay away from coilovers just because you have ddc and ars, even if you were to disable to edc the ars system would eventually throw a fault code from the coils. The best option for those with dhp is Dinan shockware flash + ACS springs, I would stay away from H&R springs as they tend to ride harsh from the high spring rates.
Can you elaborate a little more on this. I saw the post earlier about it however never knew our 2011 F10s have it....sounds like a bad thing or a lot of problems with it. DDC or DHP? Or are you guys talking about two different things. Sorry if I sound like a complete idiot lol

Anything else I should be aware of on my vehicle? I still have a maintenance package on the car for 9K more miles or like 3 months, thru BMW. What does that cover and anything I should bring up?

Also have to take it in for the Fuel Pump Recall from Dec, but since it will be in there anything I should mention?
Appreciate 0
      02-20-2017, 06:26 PM   #14
AWF87M2
Major
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Can you elaborate a little more on this. I saw the post earlier about it however never knew our 2011 F10s have it....sounds like a bad thing or a lot of problems with it. DDC or DHP? Or are you guys talking about two different things. Sorry if I sound like a complete idiot lol

Anything else I should be aware of on my vehicle? I still have a maintenance package on the car for 9K more miles or like 3 months, thru BMW. What does that cover and anything I should bring up?

Also have to take it in for the Fuel Pump Recall from Dec, but since it will be in there anything I should mention?
DHP consists of both dynamic damper control and active roll stabilization which are self adjusting sway bars. As I stated earlier DHP is part of the m sport package for 2011 and became standalone option from 12-16.
Appreciate 1
      02-20-2017, 08:50 PM   #15
Clasick13
Private
Rep
Drives: BMW M Sport - 550i

Quote:
DHP consists of both dynamic damper control and active roll stabilization which are self adjusting sway bars. As I stated earlier DHP is part of the m sport package for 2011 and became standalone option from 12-16.
whats the lowest drop I can do, without sacrificing the DDC.
Appreciate 0
      02-20-2017, 09:28 PM   #16
AWF87M2
Major
Rep

ACS springs which is a 1" drop all around is the best option out there for those with DDC... Rides pretty much like stock in all the modes with sport being a tad stiffer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clasick13 View Post
whats the lowest drop I can do, without sacrificing the DDC.
Appreciate 1
      02-23-2017, 10:09 AM   #17
ClasickTV
United_States
Rep

Quote:
ACS springs which is a 1" drop all around is the best option out there for those with DDC... Rides pretty much like stock in all the modes with sport being a tad stiffer.
Thanks again. What are the down sides if one where to put coilovers on the car.....Could it bag it? haha or is that a negative...I was planning to have a slammed 550I but having DDC unexpectingly could put a road black to that! lol
Appreciate 0
      02-23-2017, 07:01 PM   #18
AWF87M2
Major
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Thanks again. What are the down sides if one where to put coilovers on the car.....Could it bag it? haha or is that a negative...I was planning to have a slammed 550I but having DDC unexpectingly could put a road black to that! lol
You can run coilovers but you will have to either code out ddc error code or get a emulator module. The coils may or may not throw an error code for the ars system. My friend with dhp threw a chassis malfunction light after coding out ddc for his car when he ran kw v2's.
Appreciate 0
      02-24-2017, 06:19 AM   #19
lsturbointeg
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 535i Jet Black

Keep in mind tho your OEM shocks are not meant for lowering springs thus reducing the longevity of your shocks. It's been noted here already from several members had their shocks blow/leak not too long after the install. Some had great luck with no issues after years! So just something to think about.
~F90Conversion~21"3Piece Forged AvantGardeWheels~KWV1Coilovers~CQUENCE slotted/drilled rotors~GoodridgeStainlesslines~MeisterschaftQuadEx haust~Akrapovic 4"tips~VRSF DP~VRSF CP~TurboSmart BOV~K&N filter~CarbonFiberExteriorComponents~GladenAlphaCo mponents~MatchUp7BMW~Punch P300-12T~
Follow me on Instagram: lsturbointeg
Appreciate 0
      02-24-2017, 11:13 AM   #20
xxpanipuri
Major
Rep
Drives: 550i

Quote:
Originally Posted by ezaircon4jc View Post
My son still works there; order desk. Watsonville, yes??
Yes! I was there 2003-2005...good company to work for...great culture...At least in IT
Appreciate 0