2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10 F10 Technical Topics Navigation, iDrive, Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Phone, Coding Android 8.1 - problem with maps voice in f10

02-08-2019, 05:51 PM   #1
Brahms1980
Rep
Drives: BMW 535xi

Android 8.1 - problem with maps voice in f10

Hello

How are you? I'm new to the forum, well, I'm really new, although I'm not new because I read the forum for a long time, lol.

I have registered because I have a problem that I have not been able to solve or I have seen that it happens to anyone.

I have a BMW 535xi 2013, a few years ago I put an Android 6.0.1 radio and last week I walked on an Android 8 radio. One of those radios similar to those sold in Avinusa, but I bought it on Aliexpress.

I installed the android Auto and the maps, in addition to waze, tomtom, etc.

By the way, my radio is one of those that do not need to use the auxiliary jack for sound to work.

My problem is:
When I activate google maps and start giving me directions, another type of voice is activated which I can not control with the car's controls. (It's like Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde, lol) It's random and very annoying. Other times it stops and the normal volume sounds which I can control with the controls of the car without problem.
It is as if another channel is activated by which the voice goes, and I think that it even only sounds through the drivers' side speakers, although I am not totally sure about this last.
This happens to me with google maps and with GPS app that use google voices. This does not happen to me with GPS that use their own voices like tomtom.

I have checked the cables several times, I have reviewed the configuration, the configuration of the jack, I have tried to put the sound by auxiliary jack but it does not pay attention to me. I do not know what to do.

I think it must be something from the voices or from the audio outputs of the google voices, or configuration but I've run out of ideas.
The previous radio with android 6 worked fine without problems, although it was one of those radios that needed the jack output to work.

Thanks
Appreciate 0
      02-20-2019, 07:28 AM   #2
John Reed
Rep
Drives: x3

Hi you know I had the same problem in my previous car BMW f10 so what I did just hard reset and I change my NAV system from that moment I an only used Igo and that's all
Appreciate 0
      02-20-2019, 11:14 AM   #3
Brahms1980
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Reed View Post
Hi you know I had the same problem in my previous car BMW f10 so what I did just hard reset and I change my NAV system from that moment I an only used Igo and that's all
I thought it would be just my car, lol. I use TomTom, because the problem comes only with the programs that use google voices, so the problem arises with Google maps and with Waze, and the worst thing is that it is random. Sometimes it works well for me and sometimes it does not. I reset the browser, but it comes up again randomly. I do not understand, it's as if the system picked up another audio channel for the voices.
Appreciate 0
      02-20-2019, 11:15 AM   #4
Brahms1980
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brahms1980 View Post
I thought it would be just my car, lol. I use TomTom, because the problem comes only with the programs that use google voices, so the problem arises with Google maps and with Waze, and the worst thing is that it is random. Sometimes it works well for me and sometimes it does not. I reset the browser, but it comes up again randomly. I do not understand, it's as if the system picked up another audio channel for the voices.
I was thinking. Would not there be some option to remove the cables that make the sound direct and force for the sound to go through the jack?
Appreciate 0
      02-20-2019, 01:23 PM   #5
etnsandman
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2015 M5 Competition

Would you mind posting a link of the no-Aux required unit you purchased or send in in a message?
Appreciate 0
      02-20-2019, 05:29 PM   #6
kao123
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2015 F10

Quote:
Originally Posted by etnsandman View Post
Would you mind posting a link of the no-Aux required unit you purchased or send in in a message?
+1 If you could share a link to the unit you got, I'm trying to decide on an android unit for my 2015 F10 and the no-Aux option is what I'm interested in too.
Cheers
Appreciate 0
      02-21-2019, 12:59 PM   #7
Brahms1980
Rep

I bought it on Aliexpress, I looked for the cheapest on aliexpress and bought it. Now I can not put the link because the seller stopped selling that product, but they are all the same. The fact that you do not need aux does not depend on the device, it depends on the car. In the f30 forum, a lot has been discussed about this.
Appreciate 0