2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10 F10 Technical Topics Navigation, iDrive, Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Phone, Coding Champ2 to NBT retrofit

02-10-2019, 05:33 AM   #1
drejcof
Rep
Drives: BMW F11

Champ2 to NBT retrofit

Hello.

This is my first post. I have F11 year '14, with champ2 cd radio, 6.5'' screen and combox, but no navigation.

With eNet cable, I enebled Navigation. After I press Navi button on iDrive, navigation starts. Screen showing picture (see attachment) and that is all. Does that mean, that I have navigation, but is not activated? This very bother me becouse, everythink else like Enhanced Bluetooth audio, works great.

I would like to retrofit with bigger screen and NBT or NBT EVO. I have read, that retrofiting champ2 with combox is very dificult. Is this true? What is the procedures to retrofit champ2 to NBT?

I hope, someone can help me.

Thanks a lot.
Attached Images

Last edited by drejcof; 02-10-2019 at 08:14 AM..
Appreciate 0
      07-18-2019, 12:11 PM   #2
Franklinc
Rep
Drives: F10 528 LCI

sorry just see your post today, have u upgraded?
is your car LCI? I did that to my 13LCI champ2 last Nov.

not easy as later 2014 model (which is plug and play) but still managable.
Challenge is need to bypass the combox on the back redirct all microphone and AUX wires to nbt unit, also aerial diversity has to changed as well otherwise no radio signal.
Appreciate 0
      03-03-2024, 10:10 AM   #3
ACRA
ACRA
Rep
Drives: BMW F10 520d

Quote:
Originally Posted by drejcof View Post
Hello.

This is my first post. I have F11 year '14, with champ2 cd radio, 6.5'' screen and combox, but no navigation.

With eNet cable, I enebled Navigation. After I press Navi button on iDrive, navigation starts. Screen showing picture (see attachment) and that is all. Does that mean, that I have navigation, but is not activated? This very bother me becouse, everythink else like Enhanced Bluetooth audio, works great.

I would like to retrofit with bigger screen and NBT or NBT EVO. I have read, that retrofiting champ2 with combox is very dificult. Is this true? What is the procedures to retrofit champ2 to NBT?

I hope, someone can help me.

Thanks a lot.

Hello Drejof,

Conseguiu fazer esta alteração? Eu também estou na mesma situação. Tenho um F10 de 2013 com as mesmas caracteristicas e também a procurar como fazer esta alteração. Até já pensei em mudar apenas a HU para uma com navegação e um ecran de 10,25. Queria também acrecentar uma camera tarseira.
Aguardo a sua respsota.

Muito obrigado.
Appreciate 0