2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10 F10 Technical Topics Navigation, iDrive, Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Phone, Coding BMW map FSC no longer accepted after retrofitting 6NR

02-14-2018, 12:06 PM   #1
wufy
Rep
Drives: f11 520d

BMW map FSC no longer accepted after retrofitting 6NR

The original BMW map FCS that comes with my 2 year map subscription doesn't work any more after retrofitting BMW Apps 6NR.
The car programmer who did the retrofit first flashed my NBT to the latest (or so) version, then VO coded 6NR, then keyed in the FCS for 6NR. After restarting, the NBT was asking for a code for the maps, so he keyed it in, but apparently not my original FCS.
When I recently tried to upgrade the map to 2018-1 and used the FSC that BMW sent me, the car wouldn't accept it.
I have been told that had something to do with the 6NR retrofit. Can someone explain it in more detail?
What do I have to do so that my car is again accepting the original BMW map FSC?
Cheers!
Appreciate 0
      02-14-2018, 05:06 PM   #2
Mashman
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: E93

When you say "car programmer", you are not talking about someone from BMW, are you?

If that is correct, then it appears that the 'car programmer' used a third party FSC kit. When this is done, the security certificate on the headunit is replaced with a certificate from the third party. After that, BMW FSC codes will no longer work.

I would image that the third party navigation FSC is for lifetime map updates. I think if you use the code that the guy retrofitting 6NR used, it should work.

If I am incorrect, and the 'car programmer' is someone from BMW, you need to go to them, and find out why the code they gave you isn't working.

I could close it but I feel doing so would be a victory for the thieves....
Appreciate 0