2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10 BMW 5-Series (F10) Forums Regional Forums ASIA Cause a little traffic accident

08-15-2012, 04:42 AM   #23
AC_S5
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2011 F10 523i

Quote:
Originally Posted by clarence View Post
Insurance should already be included in the rental paid to the owner.
From what I heard, the taxi driver need to pay a deposit when they rent the car. If they got into an accident and need to file police report their insurance will be ceased. So they don't want you to call the police and want you to settle on the spot as their deposit will be taken away if they file a police report regardless of who's at fault.

So maybe their rent does not cover the insurance part, they need to pay more if they got into an accident.
2005 E60 523i, 1999 E39 523i, 1998 E46 323i
Appreciate 0
      09-30-2012, 04:28 AM   #24
stroyer
India
Rep
Drives: 2012 F10 530d

grimlock, you shouldn't feel guilty at all, rather proud for maintaining a decent braking distance between you and the SL for whatever speed you were going at, and for being aware of your surroundings...a lot of drivers have no clue what cars are around them, what they're doing, what pedestrians are doing, etc.

in any situation its always the fault of the rear-ender, for not doing precisely what you did!
Appreciate 0
      10-01-2012, 03:06 PM   #25
grimlock
Colonel
Rep
Drives: F10 N52B30@255PS

Quote:
Originally Posted by stroyer View Post
grimlock, you shouldn't feel guilty at all, rather proud for maintaining a decent braking distance between you and the SL for whatever speed you were going at, and for being aware of your surroundings...a lot of drivers have no clue what cars are around them, what they're doing, what pedestrians are doing, etc.

in any situation its always the fault of the rear-ender, for not doing precisely what you did!
I find myself constantly overestimating the manners of other drivers, i need to expose myself to more rude people.
Today, when starting the car, i notice there is another car several spaces over started engine, i get in car slowly playing around, i can't see the other car behind a pillar, then leisurely get in gear, before i have travelled 2 ft, the other car cuts in front of me (on way out).. i am thinking, coinicedence or this guy has a serious problem. one most have skin of steel to survive in the rude city
Appreciate 0
      10-02-2012, 12:11 AM   #26
stroyer
India
Rep
Drives: 2012 F10 530d

Haha, Murphy's Law...What can go wrong, will go wrong!

I drive in New Delhi and its also a big mess, you have to assume every driver is going to do something stupid and be ready to compensate for it in your own driving...
Appreciate 0
      10-02-2012, 09:12 PM   #27
AC_S5
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2011 F10 523i

Quote:
Originally Posted by grimlock View Post
I find myself constantly overestimating the manners of other drivers, i need to expose myself to more rude people.
Today, when starting the car, i notice there is another car several spaces over started engine, i get in car slowly playing around, i can't see the other car behind a pillar, then leisurely get in gear, before i have travelled 2 ft, the other car cuts in front of me (on way out).. i am thinking, coinicedence or this guy has a serious problem. one most have skin of steel to survive in the rude city
Hong Kong is a great city to drive in when you have driven in other places like Indo and Thailand. But I do think the people in Indo and Thai have more conscious of their surroundings then people here in HK.
2005 E60 523i, 1999 E39 523i, 1998 E46 323i
Appreciate 0
      10-03-2012, 07:19 PM   #28
donniemcm
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BMW X5 F15

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by grimlock View Post
One night I almost got car crashed as someone on the left was driving fast while on my side was a priority road
Hopefully I slowed down at the crossing ... and the guy was "fast" enough to just passed in front on my nose ...

Then when almost home I almost saw a car crash
Was waiting behind 2 taxis, the 1st one drive once traffic light was green and somehow the right side car was charging on his red light. But the worst thing was that a (stupid) taxi behind the rushing car followed ...

People here are really unthinking
Appreciate 0