2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10 F10 Technical Topics DIY Guides & Discussions Could oil and coolant temps that carly app gave me be wrong?

03-26-2023, 02:10 PM   #1
Ziofinkel
Registered
Rep
Drives: F10

Could oil and coolant temps that carly app gave me be wrong?

Hello, im new to this site and its my first posted question any help is much appreciated. Ive got a 2014 f10 535xi

Ive not had the great fortune of being around someone that was mechanically inclined growing up so i know very little about my 'problem' and it has me stuck without being able to drive my f10. I dont want to possibly cause it more damage resulting in more costly repairs of it does indeed need repairing.

I got the carly app and obd2 scanner and from the time i plugged it in its told me my oil temp and coolant temp was astronomically high (see screen shot)
But when i went into the secret menu and monitored these temps they were in between 90 and
And 100c but never getting over 110c this was readings from idle until engine was at operating temp then driven for a few miles once i hit operstional temp on the reg temp gauge
So im confused and you might see why i am stuck not knowing which is correct thinking maybe a temp sensor may be making my car think its a certain temp when its truly off. Water pump is working im not sure if its oil temp sensor or thermostat or possible nothing and its just carly giving me an inaccurate reading?? But i dont have anyone to go to for questions other than the dealership or another shop and whos to know i hate putting my trust in those only few options. My temp gauge has never showed over heating but carly has always shown me those temps outta the gate
Any suggestions this is driving me insane!!
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      03-27-2023, 10:03 AM   #2
Unspec
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW 535xi

Contact carly.
Appreciate 0