2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10 BMW 5-Series (F10) Forums General 5-Series Sedan and Wagon (F10 / F11) Forum Comfort Seats retrofit advice

05-01-2024, 05:19 PM   #1
jmfecon
Rep
Drives: 535i 11

Comfort Seats retrofit advice

Hello everybody,

I am considering upgrading my 11 535i seats to comfort seats, and I have some minor questions that I couldn't really find a good and definitive answer.

Considering that I already have fully eletric basic seats with memory, and I plan to change them to comfort seats with no heat/ventilation/massage, my questions are:

- Do I need an additional wire harness to plug the head restraint to ACSM?
- My car has memory controller on the driver side only, but it seems that the donor had memory on both sides. So, it will require additional wiring to make this work on passenger side? I mean, at the door?
- Is just VO code the option (replace 459 with 456, will need to add lumbar support which I think is 488) or need to flash some ECUs?
- The seats that I am considering buying have the RSE professional screens, mine is the regular RSE. Just changing options (from 6FH to 6FG) should be enough? What else I need to flash?

Any answers are highly appreciated, so thanks in advance.
Appreciate 0
      05-01-2024, 09:51 PM   #2
M_Bimmer
Captain
Rep
Drives: G12 B7, G07 XB7, F02 B7, 991.1

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmfecon View Post
Hello everybody,

I am considering upgrading my 11 535i seats to comfort seats, and I have some minor questions that I couldn't really find a good and definitive answer.

Considering that I already have fully eletric basic seats with memory, and I plan to change them to comfort seats with no heat/ventilation/massage, my questions are:

- Do I need an additional wire harness to plug the head restraint to ACSM?
- My car has memory controller on the driver side only, but it seems that the donor had memory on both sides. So, it will require additional wiring to make this work on passenger side? I mean, at the door?
- Is just VO code the option (replace 459 with 456, will need to add lumbar support which I think is 488) or need to flash some ECUs?
- The seats that I am considering buying have the RSE professional screens, mine is the regular RSE. Just changing options (from 6FH to 6FG) should be enough? What else I need to flash?

Any answers are highly appreciated, so thanks in advance.
Sounds like you are trying to fit LCI F10 seats into a pre-LCI. If true, the seat rails will keep you from doing a safe and proper swap. A pre-LCI F10 must use pre-LCI seats.

Please confirm that your replacement seats are pre-LCI......
Appreciate 0
      05-02-2024, 09:41 AM   #3
jmfecon
Rep
Drives: 535i 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by M_Bimmer View Post
Sounds like you are trying to fit LCI F10 seats into a pre-LCI. If true, the seat rails will keep you from doing a safe and proper swap. A pre-LCI F10 must use pre-LCI seats.

Please confirm that your replacement seats are pre-LCI......
Yes, the seats I want to buy are from pre-LCI car, I am aware that the rails are different in a LCI car. Donor is a 550i 2012.
Appreciate 0