2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10 BMW 5-Series (F10) Forums General 5-Series Sedan and Wagon (F10 / F11) Forum Suspension Noise & Aircon Fault Code

09-20-2018, 10:14 AM   #1
Palmo
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F10 535d & E92 335d

Suspension Noise & Aircon Fault Code

Hi Folks,

I have a few seperate niggles that I'm wondering if any of you have ever had / got? I have a 2012 F10 535d M-Sport (Euro spec 313ps) fitted with Dynamic Drive.

Dynamic Drive Suspension Noise
Firstly I am getting a very light tapping sound when going over speed bumps, particularly from cold first thing in a morning. Its not major and seems to be more apparent during the first few miles in a morning - car has only done 30k miles. Sounds like it is coming from the near side rear..... almost like a toned down worn drop-link noise, but not as loud..... I can't feel any play or see anything loose. I read on an F30 forum that some people had experienced a similar thing on F30's fitted with Dynamic Drive and after months and months of people chasing directly with BMW there was a software update / enhancement to the suspension module which cured the problems in virtually every case...... however I can't find any links / references to this on F10's?

Aircon Fault Code
I have a recurring fault code relating to aircon - "801222 - Air conditioning compressor: switch off due to missing DDE/DME release". I don't get any symptoms, the aircon is icey cold and it's more a case of me wondering whats causing it than anything else - plus my software is fully up to date. A quick search around has highlighted a few others have had this but mostly the source of the problem never found. One guy claimed he had it and one of his drive belt idler pully's was worn, which one replaced, cured it..... that sounds strange though for a fault code to be set for what is essentially a bearing failure. Others have suggested it can be down to engine power demand or high under bonnet temperatures. However, can't be the cause in my case as the code appears immediately after re-setting when aircon is switched on, even with car stationary and at idle. Despite the fault code the aircon doesn't ever appear to dis-engage.

Any thoughts / experiences or feedback greatly appreciated.
Appreciate 0