2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10 BMW 5-Series Gran Turismo GT (F07) Forums General 5-Series GT (Gran Turismo) (F07) Forum Just brought a 5 Gt. m sport

02-10-2013, 02:27 PM   #1
Big Ste
Rep
Drives: BMW 530d GT M Sport

Just brought a 5 Gt. m sport

I just took the plunged yesterday and changed my e70 for F07.

A 2012 m sport in sophisto grey with black leather, reverse camera, comfort seats, 20" wheels and detachable tow bar.

So far so good. The first drive of 250 miles gave me 45mpg, happy days so much better than 28mpg and such a smoother ride as well.

I wanted a tow bar fitted, BMW wanted £2k however got Moto-bars of Leamington to fit a removable with 13 pin electrics and they were able to code the cars reverse camera so it knows a tow bar is fitted and all for only £500, i would highly recommend them.

I will update as I go.
Appreciate 0
      02-10-2013, 02:51 PM   #2
jadnashuanh
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 535iGT x-drive; i3 BEV

I waited for BMWUSA for nearly two years to decide to bring that engine model to the US, but finally gave up and bought a 535i. Would much have preferred the diesel. It's been nearly two years now with mine, and although there are hints they may bring more diesel engined vehicles into the US, it hasn't proven true (yet?!). Love my comfort seats, but not sure I'd have opted for the larger wheels. I think you'll like it long-term. My best tanks were all highway on a long trip where I got a bit over 37mpg - Imperial, or 30mpg US. I'm sure yours would have gotten better under those circumstances - essentially non-stop at a constant speed with no secondary roads at all.

When I was in Harrogate last fall visiting my sister, I picked up a RightConnections towing electric harness package and installed it myself. It doesn't need any reprogramming to work with the camera, stability control, PDC control at all. I use it primarily with a cycle carrier and I also picked up a light board to tell the system there's something behind. I think the 13-pin DIN connector is much nicer than the standard ones used in the States. I bought a couple of extra plugs to make adapters, should I need to pull something rather than the lightboard and cycle carrier.

Good luck...I'm sure you'll love it in the long term as well.
Appreciate 0
      03-10-2013, 10:03 AM   #3
ken m sport
Second Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 420d F36 Gran Coupe

Great stuff, would love to see some pictures please.
Appreciate 0