2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10 F10 Technical Topics Engine, Transmission, Exhaust, Drivetrain, ECU Software Modifications 10th billion Sprint Booster review

01-13-2017, 06:36 PM   #111
Bmw doubles
Dream crusher
United_States
Rep
Drives: Fast

Garage List
2011 535  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Norman Soper View Post
Hey Guys,
Let me introduce myself. I am the head technical advisor for Sprint Booster USA. I came across this thread in one of our meetings and wanted to lend my support with any question or concerns. I am not here to sell anything, keep this in mind. I am only here to help

Whatever questions you may have you can reply to this post or email me direct at : Norman@SprintBoosterUSA.com

I do prefer to answer questions on here so that it helps everybody. If the question needs to be answered more quickly please feel free to email me.

Cheers !!

Awesome! Is there a fanboy discount?
535i MIssion Performance, PS2, Helix HPFP Kit, Wagner FMIC, Spec 3 clutch, Steel SMF, Wolf Racing CP, UUC SSK, GFB dv, SprintBooster, Custom Dynomax Exhaust, M5 Sways, Eibach OE Springs, Koni Sports Adjustable, Custom Short Ram CAI

IG: @bmwdoubles
Appreciate 0
      01-14-2017, 10:27 PM   #112
Sylverlee
Captain
Rep
Drives: White 535i M-Sport, 911 GTS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Norman Soper View Post
Hey Guys,
Let me introduce myself. I am the head technical advisor for Sprint Booster USA. I came across this thread in one of our meetings and wanted to lend my support with any question or concerns. I am not here to sell anything, keep this in mind. I am only here to help

Whatever questions you may have you can reply to this post or email me direct at : Norman@SprintBoosterUSA.com

I do prefer to answer questions on here so that it helps everybody. If the question needs to be answered more quickly please feel free to email me.

Cheers !!

Hey Norman, any downside of unplugging the extension chord/control after settling on the green mode? just trying to reduce clutter.
Appreciate 0
      01-15-2017, 02:08 PM   #113
top ramen
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Schwarz II 535i

Hello Norman,
What the difference between the auto and manual version? Why some people say it's okay to run the manual version on auto cars. Is there a downside if running that way?
Appreciate 0
      01-23-2017, 08:19 AM   #114
Norman Soper
Registered
Rep
Drives: Silver 2015

Q&A

Hey guys, Sorry, I did not receive notification there were replies to this thread. Thanks Sylvester for emailing me !

First questions "Are there fanboy discounts"
As stated before I am not here to discuss pricing or sell. If you are interested in organizing a group buy you can email me and I can direct you to one of our dealers.

Second question" Any downsides of unplugging the control wire/switch"
None. We designed the V2 and V3 with a memory. Set your device to your liking and unplug the unit! If you choose this option on the V3 you will of course lose your ability to use the Valet mode or Pedal Lock mode.Keep in mind, the V2 switch and V3 switch are both about the size of your thumb. They are very compact in design and can be mounted very discreetly.

Third question " What is the difference between the auto and manual version"
Sprint Booster's have always had different programs depending on transmission type. This was done because clutch controlled cars(manual) needed a crisper reaction when shifting. We noticed that in some cases a manual unit installed on an automatic car would cause the vehicle to " double-down-shift". Example: When you press the pedal slightly more to pass someone your car normally shifts down a gear. We have seen in some instances that when a manual unit is installed in an automatic car the vehicle would shift down 2 gears instead of one.We do not want the transmission to see any unnecessary wear. Because of this, automatic units have a "softer" program that through testing works flawlessly.
This being said be aware that this is not the case with all vehicles. I have installed manual units on automatic cars with no issues. Because of this,we have the V3 unit that utilizes the auto program and manual program all in one! I suggest people try all the modes in V3. If you feel the auto mode needs just a little more control, switch it in manual and go through the levels . Just be aware of how your transmission shifts. If you feel it is down shifting more then it should while trying to pass someone, back it down a little.

German cars have been tested a million times over with no issues. Most customers add tunes, intake , exhaust , turbo upgrades ect, without any issues.
Just remember, Sprint Booster opens your throttle body faster(not sooner!) giving you access to ALL the power your car is capable of making when you need it. It will change your shift points(in automatics) , it will spool turbos faster and it will give you that 1:1 ratio of control all new cars are missing. You will always still have full control, 0-100% throttle.

I hope this helps answer some questions!!

Appreciate 0
      01-25-2017, 07:11 PM   #115
xxpanipuri
Major
Rep
Drives: 550i

hey guys quick question, so I got the SB installed, and started the car and it was running fine etc. Then i was trying to figure out where to put the the actual module.

This thing? Where did you guys place that? did you put it to the right side of the throttle pedal?? i can kinda make it out from some of the pics, but want to be sure.

Thanks!

Appreciate 0
      01-27-2017, 10:52 AM   #116
top ramen
First Lieutenant
Rep

Thank you Norman for answering our questions. Very informative information about unplugging the control wire and the difference between auto and manual version.
Appreciate 0
      01-27-2017, 11:03 AM   #117
top ramen
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by xxpanipuri View Post
hey guys quick question, so I got the SB installed, and started the car and it was running fine etc. Then i was trying to figure out where to put the the actual module.

This thing? Where did you guys place that? did you put it to the right side of the throttle pedal?? i can kinda make it out from some of the pics, but want to be sure.

Thanks!

Yup just stick it to the right side of the throttle pedal but make sure it doesn't interfere when you depress the pedal.
Appreciate 0
      01-28-2017, 12:19 AM   #118
hp jnkey
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2008 535i M-Tech

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomyang View Post
Please explain why you would not recommend the manual version for an automatic trans because in your first post back in 01/16 of this thread you said that both is the same and you had a manual version from a 3 series in your car and it ran fine. Niw you're kinda contradicting your statement by saying you would not recommend the manual for an auto application.
I thought it was the same when I first installed the manual version but the more I drove it the more I didn't like it.
It's more jumpy when you take off from a stop, after that it feels the same.

Sorry if I mislead anyone.
Appreciate 0
      01-30-2017, 12:42 PM   #119
Norman Soper
Registered
Rep
Drives: Silver 2015

Quote:
Originally Posted by hp jnkey View Post
I thought it was the same when I first installed the manual version but the more I drove it the more I didn't like it.
It's more jumpy when you take off from a stop, after that it feels the same.

Sorry if I mislead anyone.
No Worries ! lol. One of the great features with the V3 is the fact you can adjust it to your liking. One unit fits auto & manual ! Its a win win !!
Appreciate 1
      01-30-2017, 04:22 PM   #120
S1ammin
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 BMW 535i MSport

I ordered mine this past weekend and should be here in a few days. This is the first car I've owned that has DBW and though I have rented cars with it, this throttle response has not grown on me yet, so I am looking forward to getting rid of the throttle lag.
Appreciate 0
      02-03-2017, 06:18 PM   #121
S1ammin
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 BMW 535i MSport

Installed this afternoon and as many have already said, this is how it should have been from the factory. I only took it for a short drive during afternoon rush hour but also hit a couple of 40mph stretches of road but I can already see that this is something I'm liking - a lot!

For now, I think Race -1, with the car in Sport mode is probably going to be my perm setting, but I'm definitely going to try plenty more combinations this weekend to be sure. One thing that really stood out is that when making a left turn against oncoming traffic at a light, I would hesitate sometimes because I know that if I punch it a little too hard, you'll get that lag surge somewhere during the turn, but not hitting it hard enough and you creep through the turn like grandma. Kinda scary in both cases. With this installed, when you hit the gas, the best way I can describe it is that, you are already in that surge as soon as you hit the gas, and there is no second surge throughout the turn, so things are very predictable and controlled.

It really does feel like the gas pedal is directly connected to the throttle now vs. that rubber band-like feeling it sometimes had before.

Worth it? You bet!!

Last edited by S1ammin; 02-03-2017 at 06:25 PM..
Appreciate 1
      02-04-2017, 01:36 AM   #122
Bmw doubles
Dream crusher
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2011 535  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by S1ammin View Post
Installed this afternoon and as many have already said, this is how it should have been from the factory. I only took it for a short drive during afternoon rush hour but also hit a couple of 40mph stretches of road but I can already see that this is something I'm liking - a lot!

For now, I think Race -1, with the car in Sport mode is probably going to be my perm setting, but I'm definitely going to try plenty more combinations this weekend to be sure. One thing that really stood out is that when making a left turn against oncoming traffic at a light, I would hesitate sometimes because I know that if I punch it a little too hard, you'll get that lag surge somewhere during the turn, but not hitting it hard enough and you creep through the turn like grandma. Kinda scary in both cases. With this installed, when you hit the gas, the best way I can describe it is that, you are already in that surge as soon as you hit the gas, and there is no second surge throughout the turn, so things are very predictable and controlled.

It really does feel like the gas pedal is directly connected to the throttle now vs. that rubber band-like feeling it sometimes had before.

Worth it? You bet!!
Yup and yes! Enjoy I know I've been. The car feels dead without this mod. Even enhances the tune I already have.
535i MIssion Performance, PS2, Helix HPFP Kit, Wagner FMIC, Spec 3 clutch, Steel SMF, Wolf Racing CP, UUC SSK, GFB dv, SprintBooster, Custom Dynomax Exhaust, M5 Sways, Eibach OE Springs, Koni Sports Adjustable, Custom Short Ram CAI

Appreciate 0
      06-29-2017, 10:25 AM   #123
xxpanipuri
Major
Rep
Drives: 550i

Finally got mine installed, seems as though the broken clips were the culprit (I had broken them when i first tried the install in december) I had the dealer fix it under warranty

as for the SB HOLY CRAP, throttle response is unbelievable in red mode and sport+ and completely transforms the car....really wakes up the motor, even though my motor is completely stock, and the fact that this thing does nothing to the engine....

Green seems to be the best all around setting.
Appreciate 1
      06-29-2017, 04:18 PM   #124
Bmw doubles
Dream crusher
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2011 535  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by xxpanipuri View Post
Finally got mine installed, seems as though the broken clips were the culprit (I had broken them when i first tried the install in december) I had the dealer fix it under warranty

as for the SB HOLY CRAP, throttle response is unbelievable in red mode and sport+ and completely transforms the car....really wakes up the motor, even though my motor is completely stock, and the fact that this thing does nothing to the engine....

Green seems to be the best all around setting.
The new SB v3 has more incremental controls, but yeah. It makes me realize regardless of which car you have you should add a SB.

Appreciate 0
      09-11-2018, 07:44 PM   #125
The TRG
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 340ix Black Sapphire

Installed my Sprint Booster today!

Ok... so three words: HOLY F@%KING CR@P!!!!!! This is just a phenomenal upgrade... my god.

The throttle difference was a world of difference. I went out and tested some standing starts... it impressed me so much that I went and had my wife hop one and showed her off, sport, race. She was as floored as I was!

I want to sincerely thank this group for the help too: I bought it from a member, and had a wealth of knowledge walking into the install from all of the tips in this group.

Never been so excited for my morning commute in my life.
Appreciate 1
      09-12-2018, 12:15 AM   #126
Bmw doubles
Dream crusher
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2011 535  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by The TRG View Post
Ok... so three words: HOLY F@%KING CR@P!!!!!! This is just a phenomenal upgrade... my god.

The throttle difference was a world of difference. I went out and tested some standing starts... it impressed me so much that I went and had my wife hop one and showed her off, sport, race. She was as floored as I was!

I want to sincerely thank this group for the help too: I bought it from a member, and had a wealth of knowledge walking into the install from all of the tips in this group.

And with a mild tune you can get your next speed fix!

Appreciate 0
      09-12-2018, 07:18 AM   #127
The TRG
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bmw doubles View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by The TRG View Post

And with a mild tune you can get your next speed fix!
Oh I've got a Dinatronics Stage 1 already in it! Bought that on the forum too... and my double slat grills.

I guess I've got to get some pics posted at some point... I keep holding off.
Appreciate 1
      09-23-2018, 06:32 PM   #128
santorini
Rep
Drives: 328d wagon

Very skeptical, but now a firm believer.
my F01 740 now gets out of it's way.
Appreciate 0
      09-23-2018, 07:58 PM   #129
The TRG
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Right!?! I’m telling you, it’s a damn shame BMW does just ship like this... it’s a dream. My biggest issue is that I can’t seem to bring myself to turn it off of red, it’s too much fun!
Appreciate 0
      10-20-2018, 02:25 PM   #130
Bmw doubles
Dream crusher
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2011 535  [0.00]
Finally!

http://www.burgertuning.com/BMS_PEDAL_TUNER
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      10-20-2018, 10:59 PM   #131
Sunny 528i
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2012 528i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bmw doubles View Post

Thanks! just ordered one as well!
Appreciate 0
      10-21-2018, 01:16 PM   #132