2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10 BMW 5-Series (F10) Forums General 5-Series Sedan and Wagon (F10 / F11) Forum Unable to retrieve ConnectedDrive messages?

03-08-2017, 05:26 AM   #1
doublemetreF10
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: '13 F10 535xi N55

Unable to retrieve ConnectedDrive messages?

I was attempting to set up the BMW ConnectedDrive app the other day, and the app was sending codes to the car to enter on the app and verify/register the car, but the codes didn't take, I tried four different codes to no avail.

Now I can't seem to manage to get the "Messages" tab to come up under the iDrive heading of ConnectedDrive, but the little mail/message icon is present in the little gray window at the upper right hand corner.

Anyone else ever experience this? I'd like to give it a try in spite of the awful reviews on the App Store.

Thanks in advance for your input.
      03-08-2017, 12:25 PM   #2
ezaircon4jc
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 540i M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by doublemetreF10 View Post
I was attempting to set up the BMW ConnectedDrive app the other day, and the app was sending codes to the car to enter on the app and verify/register the car, but the codes didn't take, I tried four different codes to no avail.

Now I can't seem to manage to get the "Messages" tab to come up under the iDrive heading of ConnectedDrive, but the little mail/message icon is present in the little gray window at the upper right hand corner.

Anyone else ever experience this? I'd like to give it a try in spite of the awful reviews on the App Store.

Thanks in advance for your input.
I'd try getting in touch with the BMW Genius. Most of the time they can help; at least with common issues.
Appreciate 0