2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
 

2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10 BMW 5-Series (F10) Forums General 5-Series Sedan and Wagon (F10 / F11) Forum 2012 BMW 550i Alpine White mods?
Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      09-11-2019, 02:36 AM   #1
ParrotBro
Enlisted Member
ParrotBro's Avatar
12
Rep
49
Posts

Drives: BMW 3-Series since 2004
Join Date: Aug 2019
Location: San Antonio, Texas

iTrader: (0)

2012 BMW 550i Alpine White mods?

I am looking to get a 2012 BMW 550i in Alpine white and Venetian beige interior. It has the m sport package.

What are some nice exterior mods I can do and also some performance upgrades?

And lastly what would be some nice floor mats to buy that would look with the biege/tan floor?

Appreciate 0
      09-11-2019, 07:29 AM   #2
OnlyGerman
Lieutenant
OnlyGerman's Avatar
105
Rep
413
Posts

Drives: 14 X5 12 535i 08 550i
Join Date: Jul 2019
Location: FL

iTrader: (0)

I would be searching for a warranty first
Appreciate 1
      09-11-2019, 08:17 AM   #3
lsturbointeg
Lieutenant General
lsturbointeg's Avatar
United_States
6746
Rep
13,827
Posts

Drives: 2011 535i Jet Black
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: Asian lost in OH

iTrader: (0)

I would highly recommend researching whether that has the notorious 550 problems that people post or say stay away from before even thinking about the possible upgrades you plan on doing

__________________
~F90Conversion~21"3Piece Forged AvantGardeWheels~KWV1Coilovers~CQUENCE slotted/drilled rotors~GoodridgeStainlesslines~MeisterschaftQuadEx haust~Akrapovic 4"tips~VRSF DP~VRSF CP~TurboSmart BOV~K&N filter~CarbonFiberExteriorComponents~GladenAlphaCo mponents~MatchUp7BMW~Punch P300-12T~
Follow me on Instagram: lsturbointeg
Appreciate 0
      09-11-2019, 09:00 AM   #4
ParrotBro
Enlisted Member
ParrotBro's Avatar
12
Rep
49
Posts

Drives: BMW 3-Series since 2004
Join Date: Aug 2019
Location: San Antonio, Texas

iTrader: (0)

I plan to get a carvana 2 year extended warranty.
Appreciate 0
      09-11-2019, 09:06 AM   #5
ParrotBro
Enlisted Member
ParrotBro's Avatar
12
Rep
49
Posts

Drives: BMW 3-Series since 2004
Join Date: Aug 2019
Location: San Antonio, Texas

iTrader: (0)

One.other thing about me. Due to my severe anxiety and depression I very rarely leave my home.

I have had two bmw leases. My first had under 11k miles in 3 years and my current BMW lease has under 10,000 miles I turn it in next month.

I plan to stop leasing and finally own a car.

I am ok with just cosmetic upgrades or any upgrades that can help my car. I also drive speed limit at all times or sometimes under speed limit.

At most once per month an occasional acceleration to speed limit. I am a very rare type of person that has an obsessive compulsive disorder and keep my cars very clean and I even plan to get a ceramic coating and full detail outside and inside if I get the car.

I take extremely good care of my cars.

My current bmw. I haven't even removed the blue tape from the BMW door sills, get new floor mats to turn in the car like brand new and many other things.

Yes I am sick but it's ok.

Last edited by ParrotBro; 09-11-2019 at 09:15 AM..
Appreciate 0
      09-11-2019, 09:26 AM   #6
Qsilver7
Colonel
Qsilver7's Avatar
United_States
1043
Rep
2,103
Posts

Drives: F06 650ix GC / E53 X5 4.4
Join Date: Oct 2016
Location: Indiana, USA

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ParrotBro View Post
I am looking to get a 2012 BMW 550i in Alpine white and Venetian beige interior. It has the m sport package.

What are some nice exterior mods I can do and also some performance upgrades?

And lastly what would be some nice floor mats to buy that would look with the biege/tan floor?

It also has the BMW n63 V8 engine...as stated above...before spending money on mods...you may want to hold on to those "benjamins" until you know if your engine is sorted out.

Good luck.
Attached Images
 
__________________
2006 E53 X5 4.4 | 2013 F06 650ix Gran Coupe`
BMW CCA Member #191509
Appreciate 0
      09-11-2019, 10:13 AM   #7
OnlyGerman
Lieutenant
OnlyGerman's Avatar
105
Rep
413
Posts

Drives: 14 X5 12 535i 08 550i
Join Date: Jul 2019
Location: FL

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ParrotBro View Post
One.other thing about me. Due to my severe anxiety and depression I very rarely leave my home.

I have had two bmw leases. My first had under 11k miles in 3 years and my current BMW lease has under 10,000 miles I turn it in next month.

I plan to stop leasing and finally own a car.

I am ok with just cosmetic upgrades or any upgrades that can help my car. I also drive speed limit at all times or sometimes under speed limit.

At most once per month an occasional acceleration to speed limit. I am a very rare type of person that has an obsessive compulsive disorder and keep my cars very clean and I even plan to get a ceramic coating and full detail outside and inside if I get the car.

I take extremely good care of my cars.

My current bmw. I haven't even removed the blue tape from the BMW door sills, get new floor mats to turn in the car like brand new and many other things.

Yes I am sick but it's ok.
Are you sure a 550 is necessary? lol Just be sure you know what that motor entails.
Appreciate 0
      09-15-2019, 02:48 AM   #8
windowmaker
Private First Class
42
Rep
134
Posts

Drives: 2013 550i M Sport 6MT
Join Date: Jan 2018
Location: Washington State

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ParrotBro View Post
I also drive speed limit at all times or sometimes under speed limit.

At most once per month an occasional acceleration to speed limit.
Just get a 535i then and avoid the headaches involved with owning a 550. It'll just aggravate your anxiety and you'll have to get pretty social with the service agents.
Appreciate 0
      09-15-2019, 03:38 PM   #9
ezaircon4jc
Brigadier General
United_States
983
Rep
3,246
Posts

Drives: 2014 535i M Sport
Join Date: Jan 2015
Location: San Diego

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by XLife14 View Post
Are you sure a 550 is necessary? lol Just be sure you know what that motor entails.
As anything more than a Chebby Spark necessary???
Appreciate 0
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:34 PM.




5post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST