2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
 

2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10 BIMMERPOST Universal Forums General Automotive (non-BMW) Talk + Photos/Videos Sold my 718 6MT today...
Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      02-16-2024, 04:56 PM   #1
SoCal_NSX
Major
SoCal_NSX's Avatar
2398
Rep
1,358
Posts

Drives: 981CS/428/is250/JLU Rubicon
Join Date: Jul 2017
Location: Center of the Universe

iTrader: (1)

Sold my 718 6MT today...

it's official....after a few months of scammers, spammers and low ball dreamers, the car has officially sold today.

Bitter sweet day tbh....Put it on AutoTrader a few months ago and ended up getting full asking price on my 2018 718 Cayman



On to the next hunt
Appreciate 9
Burrcold5219.00
Llarry15496.00
CSBM52716.50
chassis6509.00
slilley44.00
PhaceN52173.50
NickyC17451.00
nicholasn261.00
      02-16-2024, 05:16 PM   #2
Burrcold
Brigadier General
5219
Rep
3,932
Posts

Drives: 2024 M3 Comp xDrive
Join Date: Oct 2019
Location: Toronto, Canada

iTrader: (0)

Congrats! Gated R8 hunt intensifies!
__________________
Current: 2024 BMW M3 Competition xDrive | 2022 Audi Q7
Gone: 2022 Audi RS5 | 2020 BMW M340i | 2019 Audi RS5
Appreciate 1
SoCal_NSX2398.00
      02-16-2024, 06:53 PM   #3
///MPhatic
The Seeker
///MPhatic's Avatar
13826
Rep
3,314
Posts

Drives: OG M2 ē Exige
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: USA

iTrader: (2)

I have never liked those cars, pretty much in any way, but I remember seeing yours, such a great color combo, and good as-is!

What's next?
Appreciate 0
      02-16-2024, 07:36 PM   #4
Burrcold
Brigadier General
5219
Rep
3,932
Posts

Drives: 2024 M3 Comp xDrive
Join Date: Oct 2019
Location: Toronto, Canada

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ///MPhatic View Post
What's next?
See above 😊
__________________
Current: 2024 BMW M3 Competition xDrive | 2022 Audi Q7
Gone: 2022 Audi RS5 | 2020 BMW M340i | 2019 Audi RS5
Appreciate 0
      02-17-2024, 02:44 PM   #5
SoCal_NSX
Major
SoCal_NSX's Avatar
2398
Rep
1,358
Posts

Drives: 981CS/428/is250/JLU Rubicon
Join Date: Jul 2017
Location: Center of the Universe

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ///MPhatic View Post
I have never liked those cars, pretty much in any way, but I remember seeing yours, such a great color combo, and good as-is!

What's next?

hopefully this low mile unmolested well sorted 2010 gated R8

Appreciate 4
chassis6509.00
///MPhatic13826.00
Davil6503.50
nicholasn261.00
      02-17-2024, 03:27 PM   #6
G30M
Brigadier General
G30M's Avatar
3733
Rep
4,091
Posts

Drives: BMW M550i; Kia EV6 GT
Join Date: Dec 2021
Location: Australasia

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCal_NSX View Post
it's official....after a few months of scammers, spammers and low ball dreamers, the car has officially sold today.

Bitter sweet day tbh....Put it on AutoTrader a few months ago and ended up getting full asking price on my 2018 718 Cayman



On to the next hunt
any detailed review of what you liked and what wasn't up to par?
Appreciate 0
      02-17-2024, 03:32 PM   #7
NickyC
Lieutenant General
NickyC's Avatar
17451
Rep
10,648
Posts

Drives: M4 CS. Former G82, x2 F82, F80
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Jacked out of my mind

iTrader: (23)

Congrats! AutoTrader has always worked well for me, but the amount of scammers that contact you before you get the true buyer is depressing. I've found good luck in not responding to any initial pings on the car, let the would be buyer contact you at least twice before you respond. You'll also see many of the same emails worded the same way or a bit differently, those are auto ignore. Another dead giveaway are those emails from degenerate scammers where they want to pay your asking price right away with no haggling. This does NOT happen in the real world in my experience.

All who attempt to scam on AT should lose a hand. It's incredible how much scum is out there.
Appreciate 3
Llarry15496.00
lakefront560.50
SoCal_NSX2398.00
      02-17-2024, 06:54 PM   #8
Efthreeoh
General
United_States
17226
Rep
18,703
Posts

Drives: The E90 + Z4 Coupe & Z3 R'ster
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Virginia

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by NickyC View Post
Congrats! AutoTrader has always worked well for me, but the amount of scammers that contact you before you get the true buyer is depressing. I've found good luck in not responding to any initial pings on the car, let the would be buyer contact you at least twice before you respond. You'll also see many of the same emails worded the same way or a bit differently, those are auto ignore. Another dead giveaway are those emails from degenerate scammers where they want to pay your asking price right away with no haggling. This does NOT happen in the real world in my experience.

All who attempt to scam on AT should lose a hand. It's incredible how much scum is out there.
So may buy a car I found on Autotrader classics. I will be looking at it soon. The Seller has said the same thing, contacted by numerous scammers. What exactly is a scammer? What is the scam they are trying to pull?

He said it is the last time he's going to sell anything. Lol.
Appreciate 0
      02-18-2024, 06:24 PM   #9
SoCal_NSX
Major
SoCal_NSX's Avatar
2398
Rep
1,358
Posts

Drives: 981CS/428/is250/JLU Rubicon
Join Date: Jul 2017
Location: Center of the Universe

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by g21 View Post
any detailed review of what you liked and what wasn't up to par?
the car itself is an absolute gem of a drivers car, handles like it is on rails with butter smooth manual transmission and had beautiful lines and color....but I just didn't like the direction the market was heading as I like to go through cars every 4 to 5 years or so and like to make e few bucks on my cars like I did with all of my previous sports cars(three NSX's and a 981 CS) so decided to put it for sale while I wasn't desperate to sale it and if it sold for a price I wa happy with, I'd sell it, if not, I'd just kept her...there are worse things than being stuck with a Porsche.


So, I started thinking what to replace it with and first I started thinking being more economical and started thinking about an S2K or finding another deal on an NSX, but then I went back to one of my first loves when I realized the R8 might be doable....so now I'm obsessed with that car as of right now and usually when I start obsessing about a car I figure out a way to get one.

I am hoping the R8 will cure my serial car shopping mentality for awhile if and when I finally see one in my garage...I could easily buy an R-tronic version for what I sold the 718 for right now, but I think I need to stretch my budget and just get the one I truly want in the low mile gem with a gated manual I recently looked at
Appreciate 1
CSBM52716.50
      02-18-2024, 06:27 PM   #10
SoCal_NSX
Major
SoCal_NSX's Avatar
2398
Rep
1,358
Posts

Drives: 981CS/428/is250/JLU Rubicon
Join Date: Jul 2017
Location: Center of the Universe

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Efthreeoh View Post
So may buy a car I found on Autotrader classics. I will be looking at it soon. The Seller has said the same thing, contacted by numerous scammers. What exactly is a scammer? What is the scam they are trying to pull?

He said it is the last time he's going to sell anything. Lol.

they are always the first ones to hit you up usually and out of state type buyers who say they will send you a certified check and have their shippers pick up the car....and then quickly ghost you when you ask them a few questions and tell them that the car isn't going anywhere until the check clears.
Appreciate 1
NickyC17451.00
      02-18-2024, 06:32 PM   #11
NickyC
Lieutenant General
NickyC's Avatar
17451
Rep
10,648
Posts

Drives: M4 CS. Former G82, x2 F82, F80
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Jacked out of my mind

iTrader: (23)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Efthreeoh View Post
So may buy a car I found on Autotrader classics. I will be looking at it soon. The Seller has said the same thing, contacted by numerous scammers. What exactly is a scammer? What is the scam they are trying to pull?

He said it is the last time he's going to sell anything. Lol.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCal_NSX View Post
they are always the first ones to hit you up usually and out of state type buyers who say they will send you a certified check and have their shippers pick up the car....and then quickly ghost you when you ask them a few questions and tell them that the car isn't going anywhere until the check clears.
Exactly, I get a ton of these every time I try to sell on Autotrader.

They also never ask a single follow up question concerning the car. It's straight to paying the full asking price and having somebody pick up the car. They are not very savvy.
Appreciate 0
      02-18-2024, 06:32 PM   #12
dgoldenz
Lieutenant Colonel
1879
Rep
1,766
Posts

Drives: Vanquish, FF, 392 Wrangler
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Las Vegas

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by NickyC View Post
Congrats! AutoTrader has always worked well for me, but the amount of scammers that contact you before you get the true buyer is depressing. I've found good luck in not responding to any initial pings on the car, let the would be buyer contact you at least twice before you respond. You'll also see many of the same emails worded the same way or a bit differently, those are auto ignore. Another dead giveaway are those emails from degenerate scammers where they want to pay your asking price right away with no haggling. This does NOT happen in the real world in my experience.

All who attempt to scam on AT should lose a hand. It's incredible how much scum is out there.
Just tell people to call you if interested. The scammers never will and you can tell what someone knows about cars in about 1 minute over the phone.
Appreciate 0
      02-18-2024, 06:54 PM   #13
NickyC
Lieutenant General
NickyC's Avatar
17451
Rep
10,648
Posts

Drives: M4 CS. Former G82, x2 F82, F80
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Jacked out of my mind

iTrader: (23)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dgoldenz View Post
Just tell people to call you if interested. The scammers never will and you can tell what someone knows about cars in about 1 minute over the phone.
You like giving scammers your telephone number?
Appreciate 0
      02-18-2024, 07:29 PM   #14
dgoldenz
Lieutenant Colonel
1879
Rep
1,766
Posts

Drives: Vanquish, FF, 392 Wrangler
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Las Vegas

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by NickyC View Post
You like giving scammers your telephone number?
You think scammers donít already have a giant list of phone numbers? What are they going to do, add it to another list? Oh no.
Appreciate 0
      02-18-2024, 07:46 PM   #15
SoCal_NSX
Major
SoCal_NSX's Avatar
2398
Rep
1,358
Posts

Drives: 981CS/428/is250/JLU Rubicon
Join Date: Jul 2017
Location: Center of the Universe

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dgoldenz View Post
Just tell people to call you if interested. The scammers never will and you can tell what someone knows about cars in about 1 minute over the phone.

yeah, I put my number right on the ad itself.... it is easiest way to communicate and weed out of the scammers.

It wasn't too bad, only had one scammer and a couple spammers who try to get you to post it on thier site or buy some Carfax service you never heard of...lol

It's the low ball idiots who are the most annoying to tell you the truth.
Appreciate 0
      02-18-2024, 08:21 PM   #16
Efthreeoh
General
United_States
17226
Rep
18,703
Posts

Drives: The E90 + Z4 Coupe & Z3 R'ster
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Virginia

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCal_NSX View Post
they are always the first ones to hit you up usually and out of state type buyers who say they will send you a certified check and have their shippers pick up the car....and then quickly ghost you when you ask them a few questions and tell them that the car isn't going anywhere until the check clears.
Got it. Thanks.
Appreciate 0
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:48 AM.




5post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2024, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST