2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
 

2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10 F10 Technical Topics Wheels / Tires / Suspension / Brakes Anyone mounted original M5 343M 20" rims on an F10/F11
Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      10-28-2013, 11:14 PM   #89
///SAL
Captain
///SAL's Avatar
United_States
36
Rep
846
Posts

Drives: 2014 ///M5 ZCP
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: QUEENS, NY

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damrong
Sorry I am quite busy today and try to take few picture for you. Picture might not so nice due to I've taken from mobile phone.
U call that clean lol
Appreciate 0
      10-28-2013, 11:31 PM   #90
utmiken
Private First Class
15
Rep
117
Posts

Drives: F10 M5
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Sugar Land, TX

iTrader: (1)

Did you measure for the 10mm spacer? It might be too aggressive with the stock 265 tire. Go to EAS website for 3mm spacer or 5mm. The Macht Schnell spacers also come with extended lugs.

Can you post a pic of 550xi brake caliper with wheel off. I'm thinking the 4wd are much different than the 2wd. The front wheel install on Drewcati's 528i had plenty of room for the brake.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pillpusher84 View Post
Tried to fit the M5 20" 343Ms to my '14 550xi today ... disappointed to say that you definitely need spacers on the fronts to clear the calipers. Ordered them today ... we'll see how it goes once I get these from Burger Tuning.

Smallest Hub-Centric spacers I could find were 10mm ... so we'll see.

Hopefully no rubbing with the Adaptive Suspension
Appreciate 0
      11-01-2013, 06:39 PM   #91
pillpusher84
Banned
pillpusher84's Avatar
United_States
55
Rep
670
Posts

Drives: 2014 550xi M-Sport Silver
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Central NJ

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by utmiken View Post
Did you measure for the 10mm spacer? It might be too aggressive with the stock 265 tire. Go to EAS website for 3mm spacer or 5mm. The Macht Schnell spacers also come with extended lugs.

Can you post a pic of 550xi brake caliper with wheel off. I'm thinking the 4wd are much different than the 2wd. The front wheel install on Drewcati's 528i had plenty of room for the brake.
Didn't realize that you wanted a picture of the caliper with the rim off ... I'll take a wheel off this weekend and post up the picture.

I decided to go with 5mm spacer. Definitely better than the 3mm in my opinion ... just right .... loving the new wheels!
Appreciate 0
      11-04-2013, 05:00 PM   #92
CSL3.2
New Member
0
Rep
5
Posts

Drives: F10 535d M Sport
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: London

iTrader: (0)

New here, same question really!

Quote:
Originally Posted by crl8474 View Post
Thoughts on 265 fronts and 295 rears with the OEM 343 set up? Too aggressive?
Hi, have been following this thread for a couple of weeks now and was also hoping for a definitive answer. However the opportunity to buy a set of OEM 343 wheels and tyres came up and I've bought them, so fitted with 265 /35 fronts and 295 / 30 rears. The fronts fit although quite a snug fit but the rears protrude the arch by a few millimetres and don't look quite right. So it looks like I need to go to either a 275 or 285 section to cure this? I've checked with Michelin and they say the 10" rim is the maximum for the 275, and the 285 is the correct size. I'm just wondering if the 285 is enough of a reduction to fit inside/flush with the arch?

It seems from comments on here both work and whilst I guess the 275's are the safe option I'd like to know if anyone has fitted the 285 / 30 option with no issues and that it does not protrude at all? I want to order the new tyres asap but want to make sure I get it right! Appreciate all the feedback so far but would still welcome any personal experiences, thanks.
Appreciate 0
      03-26-2014, 01:29 PM   #93
ojp5q
Private First Class
United_States
88
Rep
145
Posts

Drives: F10 BMW 535 x-drive
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Washington, DC

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
I know this thread has been around for a while but it's hard to gain any definitive answers from it so I hope someone can help me out...

I've just bent another two Beyern Mesh rims (I know, they suck) and popped two tires so I took advantage of a private sale on some MINT OEM 343M Rims (20X9 ET34 and 20X10 ET34) from another forum member (think I got a good deal). I've talked to BMW service and they said these rims won't fit on my car blah, blah, blah but wanted to get the real experts involved in this discussion (you guys). Here are the deets:

Car:
2011 535 X-drive
No adaptive suspension
Non M sport (but have M-sport bumpers)

Wheels and Tires in question:
343M 20"
Front: 20X9 ET34 on 245/35/20 Hankook VS12's
Rear: 20X10 ET 34 on 285/30/20 Hankook VS12's
(The tires listed above have the exact same rotational diameter as to not mess with the x-drive system)

The guy at BMW kept talking about my suspension and whether it was M-sport or not. Not sure if that matters, does it?

If they won't work, I might have some premo 343M rims for sale pretty soon, haha.

Any and all feedback welcome. Thanks!!
Appreciate 0
      03-26-2014, 06:22 PM   #94
remmib
General
remmib's Avatar
Norway
1566
Rep
29,202
Posts

Drives: 2013 F10 520d M-Sport
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Norway

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ojp5q View Post
I know this thread has been around for a while but it's hard to gain any definitive answers from it so I hope someone can help me out...

I've just bent another two Beyern Mesh rims (I know, they suck) and popped two tires so I took advantage of a private sale on some MINT OEM 343M Rims (20X9 ET34 and 20X10 ET34) from another forum member (think I got a good deal). I've talked to BMW service and they said these rims won't fit on my car blah, blah, blah but wanted to get the real experts involved in this discussion (you guys). Here are the deets:

Car:
2011 535 X-drive
No adaptive suspension
Non M sport (but have M-sport bumpers)

Wheels and Tires in question:
343M 20"
Front: 20X9 ET34 on 245/35/20 Hankook VS12's
Rear: 20X10 ET 34 on 285/30/20 Hankook VS12's
(The tires listed above have the exact same rotational diameter as to not mess with the x-drive system)

The guy at BMW kept talking about my suspension and whether it was M-sport or not. Not sure if that matters, does it?

If they won't work, I might have some premo 343M rims for sale pretty soon, haha.

Any and all feedback welcome. Thanks!!
Yes, will fit, especially since they got 245+285 tires in stead of 265+295 tires.
See post #95 for pics of the 343M with 265+295 tires on a f11.
http://f10.5post.com/forums/showthre...=912495&page=5
__________________

F10 520d M-Sport Alpine White | HRE P43SC 20x9+20x11 | Michelin PSS 255/35+295/30 | KW V3 Coilover | M5 Front Sway Bar + M550d Rear Sway Bar | 3DDesign Front Lip | BMW M Performance CF Spoiler | BMW M Performance Diffuser | BMW M Performance Black Grills | BMW M Performance Pedals |
Appreciate 0
      03-26-2014, 09:35 PM   #95
ojp5q
Private First Class
United_States
88
Rep
145
Posts

Drives: F10 BMW 535 x-drive
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Washington, DC

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Thank you! Yeah, I saw the F11 post but wasn't sure if there were any differences between that chassis and the F10. I've also seen the need for spacers on the 550's up front for brake clearance so it's good to see someone say "yes, they will fit". Appreciate it.
Appreciate 0
      03-27-2014, 12:17 PM   #96
lincvert
Private First Class
19
Rep
138
Posts

Drives: M5 wannabe
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: NOVA

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ojp5q View Post

If they won't work, I might have some premo 343M rims for sale pretty soon, haha.
If you decide to sell them let me know. I have a non x-drive and I'm sure they will work on my car.
Appreciate 0
      03-27-2014, 02:00 PM   #97
ojp5q
Private First Class
United_States
88
Rep
145
Posts

Drives: F10 BMW 535 x-drive
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Washington, DC

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
I definitely will. Thanks!
Appreciate 0
      07-23-2014, 05:15 PM   #98
scotts10x5m
New Member
3
Rep
24
Posts

Drives: 2010 X5m
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: CA

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by remmib View Post
The M6 20" 343M are 20x9.5 ET31 and 20x10.5 ET19.

So the front will stick out 9mm more and the rear 21mm more than the M5 343M.
TRUTH. Most people mess up the calculation when the wheels are different widths, but you've done it correctly, Sir!
Appreciate 0
      11-08-2014, 09:42 PM   #99
hanyean1
New Member
2
Rep
28
Posts

Drives: e90
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: malaysia

iTrader: (0)

Can anyone tell me where can i get 343m 19" wheels for my f10? Kindly appreciate helps from forumer
Appreciate 0
      04-13-2015, 08:14 AM   #100
worrisomebear
New Member
4
Rep
12
Posts

Drives: BMW
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: UK

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by alvinabed View Post
I have them installed just today. No problem at all.

it's 245/35/20 front and 275/30/20 rear
This seems the ideal size for fitment.
Appreciate 1
      04-13-2015, 08:12 PM   #101
Chili Palmer
Master Of My Domain
United_States
89
Rep
669
Posts

Drives: 2015 650i Gran Coupe
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: SoCal

iTrader: (3)

Why are some of you installing spacers in the front? I've got 343's on my 2011 550i with 255/35's in front lowered with ACS springs and have absolutely no rubbing of tires, fenders, or brake calipers. Yeah, they're really close, but the back of the rims are notched to allow for caliper clearance. See this thread.
__________________
RIP: 2015 Black Sapphire Metallic 650i Gran Coupe, 343 Wheels, Michelin Pilot Super Sports 255 F / 285 R, M6 Front Grilles. Coming - M6 Comp. Mufflers, Carbon Fiber Diffuser & Spoiler.

Last edited by Chili Palmer; 12-20-2015 at 03:37 PM..
Appreciate 0
      04-26-2015, 04:32 AM   #102
worrisomebear
New Member
4
Rep
12
Posts

Drives: BMW
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: UK

iTrader: (0)

Firstly, wanted to say a big thanks to every one here for helping me out with the suggestions, from Chilli Palmer and alvinabed. Special Thanks to Chilli Palmer, for always being around and sorting me out on all issues. I had so many questions

Here are a few pics on my F10, Genuine M5 alloys with Continental ContiSportContact 5P ( The Michelin super sport are sold out here and are on back order from factory) , new center caps as well

Front:245 35 20, Rear:275 30 20..Straight fitment , car is not lowered and there are no issues with full loading or on speed breakers

Running 34 PSI all the way around at the moment and feels good. The immediate effect was how responsive the car has become without run flats, the steering has become better and overall pickup and acceleration seems improved ( specially I had 17 with pirelli run flats before)

Here are a few pics to start with :








Full car


Last edited by worrisomebear; 05-08-2015 at 07:34 PM..
Appreciate 0
      04-26-2015, 02:02 PM   #103
Chili Palmer
Master Of My Domain
United_States
89
Rep
669
Posts

Drives: 2015 650i Gran Coupe
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: SoCal

iTrader: (3)

Quote:
Originally Posted by worrisomebear View Post
Firstly, wanted to say a big thanks to every one here for helping me out with the suggestions, from Chilli Palmer and alvinabed. Special Thanks to Chilli Palmer, for always being around and sorting me out on all issues. I had so many questions

Here are a few pics on my F10, Genuine M5 alloys with Continental ContiSportContact 5P ( The Michelin super sport are sold out here and are on back order from factory) , new center caps as well

Front:245 35 20, Rear:275 30 20..Straight fitment , car is not lowered and there are no issues with full loading or on speed breakers

Running 34 PSI all the way around at the moment and feels good. The immediate effect was how responsive the car has become without run flats, the steering has become better and overall pickup and acceleration seems improved ( specially I had 17 with pirelli run flats before)

Here are a few pics to start with :









before and after



Looking good! I'm glad that my experience helped you, I learned from members on the forum. This place is a wealth of knowledge and most the time all you need to do is ask. Now you need to lower it and post some full car shots.
__________________
RIP: 2015 Black Sapphire Metallic 650i Gran Coupe, 343 Wheels, Michelin Pilot Super Sports 255 F / 285 R, M6 Front Grilles. Coming - M6 Comp. Mufflers, Carbon Fiber Diffuser & Spoiler.
Appreciate 0
      04-26-2015, 03:16 PM   #104
Hasser
Major
Hasser's Avatar
Isle of Man
447
Rep
1,161
Posts

Drives: 2014 F10 M5
Join Date: Feb 2015
Location: Isle of Man

iTrader: (0)

I'm actually considering the same for my AW active hybrid.

Now I know it's a goer.
__________________
2014 M5
1990 E30 318i Touring
1999 E38 728i -sold
M235i - sold
Activehybrid 5 - sold
Appreciate 0
      04-26-2015, 03:22 PM   #105
worrisomebear
New Member
4
Rep
12
Posts

Drives: BMW
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: UK

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chili Palmer View Post
Looking good! I'm glad that my experience helped you, I learned from members on the forum. This place is a wealth of knowledge and most the time all you need to do is ask. Now you need to lower it and post some full car shots.
Thanks a lot mate, uploaded some new ones and will look to lower, which springs your recommend ?
Appreciate 0
      04-26-2015, 07:06 PM   #106
Chili Palmer
Master Of My Domain
United_States
89
Rep
669
Posts

Drives: 2015 650i Gran Coupe
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: SoCal

iTrader: (3)

Quote:
Originally Posted by worrisomebear View Post
Thanks a lot mate, uploaded some new ones and will look to lower, which springs your recommend ?
ACS - accept no substitutes. TAG Motorsports was running a sale on them not too long ago.
__________________
RIP: 2015 Black Sapphire Metallic 650i Gran Coupe, 343 Wheels, Michelin Pilot Super Sports 255 F / 285 R, M6 Front Grilles. Coming - M6 Comp. Mufflers, Carbon Fiber Diffuser & Spoiler.
Appreciate 0
      04-27-2015, 08:00 AM   #107
worrisomebear
New Member
4
Rep
12
Posts

Drives: BMW
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: UK

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chili Palmer View Post
ACS - accept no substitutes. TAG Motorsports was running a sale on them not too long ago.
Ok that's great to know
Appreciate 0
      04-27-2015, 10:45 AM   #108
worrisomebear
New Member
4
Rep
12
Posts

Drives: BMW
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: UK

iTrader: (0)

What is the tyre pressure with 20 inches every one is using?
Appreciate 0
      04-28-2015, 10:12 PM   #109
Chili Palmer
Master Of My Domain
United_States
89
Rep
669
Posts

Drives: 2015 650i Gran Coupe
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: SoCal

iTrader: (3)

Quote:
Originally Posted by worrisomebear View Post
What is the tyre pressure with 20 inches every one is using?
36 psi all the way around.
__________________
RIP: 2015 Black Sapphire Metallic 650i Gran Coupe, 343 Wheels, Michelin Pilot Super Sports 255 F / 285 R, M6 Front Grilles. Coming - M6 Comp. Mufflers, Carbon Fiber Diffuser & Spoiler.
Appreciate 0
      04-29-2015, 08:32 AM   #110
worrisomebear
New Member
4
Rep
12
Posts

Drives: BMW
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: UK

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chili Palmer View Post
36 psi all the way around.
Thanks a lot again, I will get this sorted, I have 34 at the moment
Appreciate 0
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:11 PM.




5post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2024, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST